It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be draft if a Second American Civil War happened?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well I'm not saying the civil war is going to happen. What I'm trying to say that if a hypothetical civil war were to happen between federal forces and right wing forces will there be a draft? I mean I don't buy the concept of draft when you will draft men that could defect en masse and use war material against Federal Forces. Also when drafting unwilling soldiers they might either desert or join the other side as revenge.
edit on 6-6-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
wait... what?!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
A civil war wouldn't need to draft as there would be no shortage of people. Civil wars are fought for purpose and people have historically volunteered en masse to support the cause they believe in.

However a civil war is impossible in this country to your question is kind of irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

sorry I just read this book called DMZ and it talks about a second civil war in the US. When reading this I wondered if they draft should a scenario like this break out

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
sounds like fiction... considering there would be no second civil war....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Well I'm not saying the civil war is going to happen. What I'm trying to say that if a hypotetical civil war were to happen between federal forces and right wing forces will there be a draft? I mean I don't buy the concept of draft when you will draft men that could defect en masse and use war material against Federal Forces. Also when drafting unwilling soldiers they might either desert or join the other side as revenge.

Why would the anti-federal forces be "right wing"? Perhaps your question should be rephrased to say "would there be a draft if freedom and liberty loving Americans from all walks of life got sick and tired of the tyrannical national government, and a civil war resulted?" I used the word "national" on purpose, because there is nothing "federal" about our national government, speaking of course in a constitutional context.

Besides, in order for there to be a civil war, entire states would have to band together and form a coalition against our tyrannical national masters, or the states the support them/it. This would take state legislatures and state Governors serving our "federal" government with articles of succession (and I'm all for it). You can't really have a civil war, at least in the context that we know in regards to the first one in the early 1860's, without states against states. It will more than likely be millions of individual people against the establishment, and against each other... but without having several states as a place of refuge where would those millions of rebels go? If something like this does happen, and I think the chances of it happening are better than you might think, the individual states will most likely be caught somewhere in the middle. Some will choose sides, and some won't.
edit on 6-6-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I wanted to call him out on the Right wing thing too but....

Yeah, and pretty much the military couldn't do anything..... thank you founding fathers!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

sorry the book(DMZ) I mentioned in a comment in this thread describe anti Feds as right wingers

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

The reason there will be no civil war is that there are not 2 disntinct divisions in the United States with enough people adament enough to even support a civil war.

In the 1860's slavery was an issue people felt very very strongly about. Literally half of the nation depended on it for their way of life and the other side didn't.

You will find no issue that powerful today and also the country is all mixed together as far as people and their beliefs so there is no way you could say that this part of the country feels one way while the other feels that way. There is no dividing line.

Just not possible.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Why would we have a civil war? We'd more likely to have a revolution. In that case, it'll just be citizens vs. the government.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

sadly too many people are brainwashed into supporting the government. So blood will be spilled

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The proles vs. the elites. Not quite a civil war but more a world war, the economically disenfranchised against those who enslave them. I can see the possibility of this happening. The only civil war I could see happening was if Alaska decided to secede from the U.S. There's been talk over the past few years but it seems more like a lot of hot air.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

sorry the book(DMZ) I mentioned in a comment in this thread describe anti Feds as right wingers

OK, well I know which way the author of that book leans.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It could happen .The illegal mexicans are a threat.They need to be stopped.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There very well could be some sort of armed uprising against the banking industry and Federal Reserve control, and the seeds of this conflict may have already been planted. If there were to be a second Civil War, you would be looking at a state like Texas wishing to recede from the Union and create their own Republic with their own economy. This move, if they actually went through with it, would resonate across the country beginning with the surrounding states and moving across the south.

If this happened (and I'm not saying it will or is likely, just saying that the minute possibility is there) the remaining Union states would probably mobilize their National Guard units under command of the POTUS (they already are, actually.) There may be some heavy ground fighting in states that would be split between Union/separatists, like Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee...basically like the original Civil War, but add in Arizona, Colorado, and the "grain" states as some battlegrounds as well.

Basically, if this all went down, I would imagine that the Federal Government would want as many fighters on the ground as possible, and with our military spread so thinly across the globe, a draft would be imminent....voluntary at first, but both sides would probably draft some men to help fight at some point. It would be an ugly conflict, just like the original, except add in some bigger guns and airplanes to the mix. Hope it never comes down to it.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

But wouldn't Nato get involved too? Also wouldn't they withdraw overseas troops en masse

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
The reason there will be no civil war is that there are not 2 disntinct divisions in the United States with enough people adament enough to even support a civil war.

I disagree that civil war is "just not possible." The American people could be divided along many lines, and whether those lines had any real meaning in their lives is essentially irrelevant. Look how nuts people get over "Republican and Democrat" when both parties actually ACT very much alike.

The media could easily instigate a civil war. Just like it easily instigated the wars against Iraq and Libya. Most Americans dont need any facts above and beyond what the TV tells them. All you would need is one group of any kind in the US to begin to act up in any way that threatened the economic powers, and the media would then label them "domestic terrorists" and begin the whipping of the rest of Americans into a frenzy against them.

Not only is civil war possible, it would be easy for those in power to instigate.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You first indicator would be zero communications to obstruct force consolidation by the Feds.The problem is without a mass weapon the US populace would overrun them rather quickly.We either have to want it or they would need foreign troops.
A more far fetched idea (I have been told rumblings of this) some sort of semi intelligent tough ,regenerative lab creation that can execute tactical instructions.
I've taken to calling these battle clones or, maybe in underground bases,the many kidnapped chidren are be raised like the movie "Soldier"

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by nwdogg1982

But wouldn't Nato get involved too? Also wouldn't they withdraw overseas troops en masse

Well, I'm really not sure. If the troops are all currently occupied in some overseas conflict, then you are looking at a possible invasion scenario by China/Russia to "help" the rebels. The US forces may not have enough time to get back and control the situation, plus you are talking about maybe half of the military siding with the separatists anyway, including high-ranking generals. So really anything could happen, this country isn't Civil-War-proof by any means.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

It IS possible they use the E.Coli current scare to

~gulp~

regulate all personal farming in the US....for our "safety".

If they shut down farming, ie. I can't even grow one cucumber...Jail time if caught with tomato plants...you get the drift.

That would be enough for Civil War. Tell us we can't grow our own food.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join