It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would we go about having Official Disclosure?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think a couple of fairly recent attempts at forcing disclosure give a good indication as to what result any effort could expect:

Oliver Stone's Kennedy movie caused enough of a stir to have the case officially reopened and a 'new' examination of 'the available evidence' made.

Congressman Steven Schiff (NM) initiated a federal investigation by the GAO, to seek documents relating to Roswell 1947. (and while the GAO investigation is ongoing, the USAF (suddenly out of the blue, of it's own free will, not asked by anyone to do so) launches a preemptive strike with the Mogul balloon (best guess) 'explanation' - "report".)

Sickened and poisoned Area 51 workers demanded to know what they had been exposed to, and in short order even President Clinton discovered his true place in the world and obediently signed PD 95-45.

All attempts ended up with the same result.

One can of worms you might still have a shot at opening would be if enough of a simultaneous stir were raised to force a demand of ALL classified documents in 1947 from ALL government agencies. No exceptions, since that is when the official executive authorization for the coverup began.

And hey it was 64 years ago so what could be the possible harm of releasing ANYTHING from THAT long ago, right??

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If you made a bunch of people aware of the 9/11 hoax, they would begin to question everything, including the current stance of our government on ETs.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObvTruth
Really. Then why is the government still hiding things about ET's from us?

Why have faith/confidence in your Govt when there are higher powers who can override whatever anything Govt can do?

It's all about control. I don't want to sound like a mad man, but that's essentially what it boils down to.

The entire reason we have political parties is because people are vying for control. The party/entity with the upper hand (Resources, public support and the like) will generally win out.

If disclosure were to occur, then the Govt would lose it's grasp on the people. Why bother with the Govt when there are ET's that are smarter and more technologically advanced.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SnedsDawg

No, there is no reason why people would "not bother with the government" in the case of disclosure. That's silly. The government is an institution that preserves some degree of order and peace for those who live under it. Disclosure of an alien presence wouldn't change that. Most people in the world ALREADY think there is a higher power than the government, through their religions. But clearly a belief in God doesn't cause you to shrug and say, "No point in listening to the government anymore, I'll just take orders from God from now on" and just abandon modern society!

Likewise, the government itself is a higher power than I am - I pay for my own housing but if they really wanted to, the government could step in and kick me out or what have you. That doesn't mean I just say, "Oh well, the government has the final say, so there's no point in thinking I have control over my own home!"

Just because people might learn of a higher level of control doesn't mean they abandon what control they DO possess. In fact if anything, it would probably be the opposite. People would be motivated to work harder to raise the level of power possessed by the human race, so we might have a better say in our "relations" with the hypothetical aliens.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
As far as "Official Disclosure," I think you need to discern between "Official disclosure" and "Disclosure in a week's time." I think these are two VERY different concepts.

First and foremost, you have to remember that when you talk about "disclosure," what exactly are you suggesting needs to be disclosed? Is it the truth about Roswell? Technically speaking, there are already a couple of official explanations for that incident, but since we're on ATS, chances are good that you don't take them seriously. But if you don't accept the official story, what WOULD you accept? When you get down to the nitty gritty of UFO conspiracies, everybody seems to have a different view about what they "KNOW" to be the real truth. You have to be careful that you don't just come up with one "truth" and then refuse to listen to anybody unless they simply agree with you, thus earning you a rather pointless "I Told You So" ticket. There are a lot of theories out there and each one should be considered on its own merits.

That said, let's assume the most common "disclosure" scenario - that you are talking about a public disclosure of an intelligent alien presence - no details or specifics for now, just the simple concept that we are being visited by intelligent aliens. In this scenario I think it IS possible to get an official disclosure (i.e. from the government, or an official statement from a military officer, NOT just an unofficial statement from a retired, former official), but it would be a long and painstaking process. Basically it comes down to public pressure. If we put a lot of pressure on our elected officials to find out the truth about such information, and I'm not talking about a casual investigation initiated by a single person but rather making it a BIG ISSUE on the same scale as abortion or health care, then I think we could get somewhere using the governmental institutions that we already have in place. A lot of people believe in aliens and UFO's, but not on a level that drives them to ask questions and demand answers. Every politician wants to stay in office, and if UFO's became a big political issue, then future administrations might take disclosure very seriously.

Now, even if UFO's WERE a big political issue, we STILL might not get disclosure if the appropriate military and intelligence officials feel that it is somehow too dangerous to release the information. Now if you ask me, just about the only reason why such officials might feel this way would be if they had something to hide, some sort of appalling behavior or criminal activity they performed in the past that, if disclosure took place, they might have to answer for. This is where the "one week's time" disclosure comes in, because at this point, probably the only way to get public disclosure would be to literally FORCE it by hijacking the information and leaking it to the public, a la Wikileaks or something similar. But then you might have a series of official denials and just general chaos and in-fighting to contend with, so it's hard to say what the end result might be.

And finally, there is simply the passage of time. As each generation is replaced by the next, what is today's biggest military secret is tomorrow's History channel special. Assuming modern civilization doesn't collapse, it's pretty much an absolute truth that eventually, the perceived threats that motivate this hypothetical grand-scale cover-up will change, either in how threating they actually are or in how they are perceived. But personally I hope it doesn't come down to this, because if it does, history will look back upon our time as proof that the citizens truly are slaves to an informational quarantine, and that maybe we really can't trust our own government, after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join