It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New polls show Ron Paul is moving up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Opinion Research Corporation

May 24-26 with Rudy Giuliani

Giuliani 16%
Romney 15%
Palin 13%
Paul 12%
Cain 10%

May 24-26 without Rudy Giuliani

Romney 19%
Palin 15%
Paul 13%
Cain 11%
Gingrich 11%

May 24-26 without Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin

Romney 21%
Paul 15%
Cain 13%
Gingrich 12%
Bachmann 9%

Gallup

May 20-24

Romney 17%
Palin 15%
Paul 10%
Gingrich 9%
Cain 8%

May 20-24 without Sarah Palin

Romney 19%
Gingrich 12%
Paul 12%
Cain 8%
Bachmann 7%

Breaking down Ron Paul supporters into groups:

College graduate - 8%
Nongraduate - 11%
Conservative - 8%
Moderate/Liberal - 15%
Republican identifier - 7%
Republican-leaning Independent - 16%
Attend church weekly - 8%
Attend church less often - 12%
Protestant/Other Christian - 9%
Catholic - 9%

Ron Paul is either in second or third place (with the exception of poll with Giuliani) and is only a few percentage points behind whoever is leading him. This places Paul in a great spot to expand his base of support (which he has already done) and reach out to more voters this election season especially seeing as how he is increasingly being known by more people across the nation.

If Palin and Giuliani are out of the race at the current time the three competitors would be Romney, Gingrich, and Paul who would lead the pack. Gingrich I suspect would have to truly turn things around considering his first week after announcing his run for President did not turn out so well. Romney has led the pack for the longest time but lacks enthusiastic supporters, that however he makes up with money. But money can only buy you so many votes.

Maybe I am a dreamer, perhaps my enthusiasm for Ron Paul type change in my lifetime is blurring my senses but to me it feels like we are on the verge of a Ron Paul Revolution!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Doesn't matter who supports Ron Paul, he isn't supported by AIPAC, Goldman Sachs and all the other Zionist Jew organisations that control American money, politics, and media. He'll never get the Republican nomination and if he ran as an independant he'd be assassinated if it looked like he'd win. I'm sure he knows this and simply run to further spreading his message in the hope that one day the American public will wake up. Unfortunately the Zionist Jews are too clever, too powerful and too patient and I can't foresee a future they don't control.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
ya and take everyone else out of the poll,

he would be on top!

what does this prove?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I cant believe that Palin is higher up those Polls as Ron Paul. In a world that is more obsessed with celebrity and looks than political knowledge, you get who you deserve.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
People always feel the need to flex intellect by bashing OPs ... even when it is not called for.

Thanks for posting this and it is good to see that Paul has a shot (at least slightly) of being the ticket winner. Hopefully he is not slandered by TPTB and is able to show his true colors during campaign season.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If anyone would bother to actually listen to him and find out what his plan can do for America, they would jump on the Ron Paul bandwagon, too. But people can't see past their own entitlements.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
If anyone would bother to actually listen to him and find out what his plan can do for America, they would jump on the Ron Paul bandwagon, too. But people can't see past their own entitlements.

/TOA

If people actually bothered to listen to him and then understand what he is saying they would run far way.
The idea of competing currencies or a gold standard is bad. That would wreck then economy.
Gutting the federal government is a bad idea. No federal government=typical broke warlord african country.
"end the fed" is a popular and neat slogan but is nonsense. The Fed is important to the monetary and banking system of the country.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I cant believe that Palin is higher up those Polls as Ron Paul. In a world that is more obsessed with celebrity and looks than political knowledge, you get who you deserve.

I can't believe that Palin is even a consideration. That should be proof enough that the President is nothing more than an advertising campaign with a face attached.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

most posters on ats run away from anything you have to say

please do tell how has fiat currency worked out for this country a piece of paper with no tangible value than what the markets dictate.

to the op

i dont want romney via romney care and his wishy washy stance on gun control seems hes another kerry he was agianst guns til he wanted to run for president and a list of other reasons.

dont want ginrich or palin too much baggage.

paul is the only guy i am looking at seriously at the moment.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by gorgi

most posters on ats run away from anything you have to say

please do tell how has fiat currency worked out for this country a piece of paper with no tangible value than what the markets dictate.

to the op

i dont want romney via romney care and his wishy washy stance on gun control seems hes another kerry he was agianst guns til he wanted to run for president and a list of other reasons.

dont want ginrich or palin too much baggage.

paul is the only guy i am looking at seriously at the moment.

If they run, thats fine. Its because they have nothing to say

Fiat money does have value. Its backed by the government. The US dollar is backed by the US, aka the worlds only super power. Markets dictates what value gold has too. So your point is ? the shiny metal gets its value because people think it has value, like the dollar, which it does.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

the reason that that shiny metal has real transic value if because its not backed by the us goverment or printed by the federal reserve.

the supply and demand of gold had made that value since some idiot cant print more unlike those idiots printing money out of thin air.
edit on 6-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't know how much the polls mean these days, since machines, not people, elect the rulers.

reply to post by gorgi

What does this have to do with the topic? If the US dollar is given value by the Gov't, what is the dollar really worth, about -$16,000,000,000,000, cause that's how far it's in the hole. The U.S. gov't is worthless, it produces nothing, only consumes and redistributes wealth. The USD isn't worth the paper it's printed on, it wouldn't even be useful to wipe your rear with, too rough.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by gorgi

the reason that that shiny metal has real transic value if because its not backed by the us goverment or printed by the federal reserve.

the supply and demand of gold had made that value since some idiot cant print more unlike those idiots printing money out of thin air.
edit on 6-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

There is demand for gold because people think that the metal has value and because the margins on buy gold and sliver or very low and they know suckers will still buy it even if the price keeps going up. Look what happened a few weeks ago when the margins were raised. the prices dropped fast and hard.

There is demand for the dollar and t-bills. The dollar is the reserve currency of the world and most transactions are done in dollars.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
I don't know how much the polls mean these days, since machines, not people, elect the rulers.

reply to post by gorgi

What does this have to do with the topic? If the US dollar is given value by the Gov't, what is the dollar really worth, about -$16,000,000,000,000, cause that's how far it's in the hole. The U.S. gov't is worthless, it produces nothing, only consumes and redistributes wealth. The USD isn't worth the paper it's printed on, it wouldn't even be useful to wipe your rear with, too rough.

Ron Paul likes the gold standard. I was just showing how illogical it is. The dollar is not worth less. It has a lot of value. Well hey the euro might implode any day now. but thats not as fun to talk about.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

governments rise and fall i can take gold anywhere in the world and it will always have more value than the dollar.

there are trillions of dollars in circulation at any given time with more and more printing of it thus devaluing it even more.

the dollar is worthless gold is not.

that is the fact.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Logman

I can’t believe that there is not a single person in this thread who has responded to this gentlemen's rubbish, and the fact that he has received stars for such anti-semetic, inappropriate, rambling piece of drivel is downright shameful.

You are an embarrassment to true believer's of freedom and liberty, and an utter disgrace to the Ron Paul Revolution and everything it stands for. It is people like you who give people like me a bad name.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Now back to the topic on hand:

If Ron Paul continues to increase his percentages in the polls, I think the possiblities are endless. I can only imagine that there are numerous individuals who believe and are attracted to the principles that Dr. Paul espouses, however, many individuals believe that he is simply not viable. If he can show the public/MSM that he indeed is, this race could get very interesting very quickly
edit on 6-6-2011 by Judge_Holden because: anon

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by gorgi

governments rise and fall i can take gold anywhere in the world and it will always have more value than the dollar.

there are trillions of dollars in circulation at any given time with more and more printing of it thus devaluing it even more.

the dollar is worthless gold is not.

that is the fact.

The dollar is not worthless. You can buy gold from goldline if you want, but when the bubble bursts. Good luck.

As for Ron Paul. Bernanke in Testimony Can Show Ron Paul How QE2 Works in Markets

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

a so called gold bust is a hell of alot different than needing semi truck loads of cash to buy a loaf of bread.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

As a supporter of the Gold Standard, even I have to admit that Gorgi is correct. Technically speaking, Gold has no value; its value is left solely up to the markets. With that said, Gold's continual increase in worth is absolutely attributable to the devaluation of the USD.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

and that gold market has been around for thousands of years

nations have risen and fallen economies have risen and fallen

gold is forever.

but by all means keep cash if you want others such as myself keep gold.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join