It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida: Deputies and Movers Show Up at Bank to Seize Property for Homeowner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Florida: Deputies and Movers Show Up at Bank to Seize Property for Homeowner

www.winknews.co m

The couple took their case to court and after a year and a half nightmare the foreclosure was dropped. A Collier County judge said Bank of America has to pay the couple’s $2,534 legal fees for the error. After more than five months the bank still hadn’t paid up. So, the homeowners’ attorney did just what the bank would do to get their money, legally seize their assets. “I instructed the deputy to go in and take desks, computers, copiers, filing cabinets, including cash in the drawers..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Interesting turn of events...homeowners sic police on deadbeat banksters.

Personally, I'm happy to see officers of the law rousting corrupt and complacent banks. I'd like to see a lot more sherrifs enforcing the law in bank offices. It's a novel approach.

At the same time, I am a little leery of the "anti-foreclosure" movement because a lot of people bought too much house in the bubble and they deserve to take the hit for their mistakes. But so do the big banks, and so far all they have gotten is record bonuses paid for on the backs of taxpayers. And this particular couple seems to have been blameless.

The ultimate culprit is a culture of debt, and until that is changed the economy won't heal properly. But it's great to see somebody upholding the law...something banks seem to feel they are above these days.

www.winknews.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
As a gold member with a shiny new border and title you should have known better and searched and realised this was posted a while ago.

I'll let you do the legwork and find the original thread.

Good story though.

edit, I needed a walk....

Original here
edit on 5/6/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

OK, thanks for the heads up...

top topics

join