It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vague messages from enigmatic societies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I received an odd message last fall, and I have decided to share it below, with only the name of the sender redacted:

Greetings young brother.

I see you’ve traveled some.

We have taken notice of your quest for knowledge.
I must warn that your journey towards the ultimate truth will not be without malady.

Perhaps the token will always elude you, but rest assured, we will be around.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, to be honest, I was surprised, yet I did not really take the message or its sender very seriously. I assumed that this was a friend of mine trolling me, or some variation of that sort of thing.

I responded with a nonsensical message about "meeting on bone island at the southern cross" as I was headed to Key West, FL at the time and I expected that the message was from one of my quirky friends in that area. Bone Island is a translation of the original spanish name of the island Cayo Hueso loosely translated back into english; and the southern cross is a hotel in KW that is in a central spot on the main drag of the island and is traditionally used as a meetup spot for travellers who may not know the face of the person they are meeting.

Anyways, the mysterious sender replied with the following:

Cautious shall be the babbler if he so wishes to turn darkness to light.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say, at this point I was seeing the obvious yet vague symbolisms implied in this individual's messages to me. I figured that this may not be who I thought it was, after all. Alas, I received no more messages from this person.

I am still left wondering about the following:

*who exactly these unknown and enigmatic parties are that have taken notice of my quest for knowledge?

*what is this "ultimate truth"?

*what are the maladies associated with this quest?

*who should I rest assured is 'waiting in the wings' so to speak, in the event that I find this particular token?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not a stranger to the concept of "tokens" and of "certain unknown parties waiting in the wings";for these are standard fare for secret societies, thieves' guilds, watcher groups, etc...

One of the reasons I am posting this is that this is not the first time I have been contacted in such a fashion, and I am curious if there are others on this forum who are willing to come forward with similar experiences.

I am also fond of the practice of throwing confusing thoughts and such out into the aether and seeing what sort of things are stuck to it when they come back.

This thread is equal parts grey area and secret societies, so I guess it may be moved.
edit on 5/6/11 by sigil23 because: typos

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sigil23

Sounds fascinating...I'm interested in seeing how this unfolds.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sigil23

Dear sigil23,

It wasn't me and I don't know. It may not be a "secret society" so much as other people who have a similar set of questions and answers seeking to get together and discuss it outside of ATS. I myself do that; though, I very much doubt it was the same people. Just a suggestion; but, why not just e-mail them back and ask them to clarify what they were offering, if you wish to find out. Be well.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Much to my chagrin, the specific person that sent me the message that is in my op has not contacted me again. I may have annoyed him. I am not sure if that is the end of the exchange or not.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been a few other times that similar things have happened, though.

One time in Key West in 2006, I was approached in an alley behind a friend's house by an individual who knew my name, though I did not know who the heck he was. He did not tell me his name or even why he was speaking to me, but he told me in a reassuring manner that he wanted to make sure that I was alright, and that if I needed his help, I would easily be able to find him. He also offhandedly mentioned that he was amongst others who shared a similar concern for me. I thanked him, but there was not much else I could say.

The whole thing had this odd tone or vibe, because he approached me in the manner of a concerned family member, but even though he seemed to be at ease around me, I had no clue why it felt that way. There has always been a strange feel to that memory in my mind, as if other things were said that did not stick in my memory due me being startled and the fact that my meeting this fellow only took maybe 15-20 seconds at the most.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I have sent a few messages back to this person, but since the message was sent on the "book of faces", so to speak, I am not sure whether this person has read them or not. They have not replied to me either.

Oddly enough, this individual seemed put off by my suggestion to meet in person. They may just be keeping their distance for some reason. They may not know if I would agree with what they feel is the "ultimate truth", for example.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sigil23

Some time ago now (years), I posted at another site, an article proposing that nuclear weapons are now "old tech" and newer weapons have likely been developed.

I then (from the point of view of a physicist) suggested a few possibilities, including using resonance across the Sun to produce a radiant weapon that would allow us to strike against nearby targets, both terrestrial and extraterrestrial.

About a week later I got an e-mail from someone purporting to be from "SOL Militia" which I initially assumed to be the American vigilante group; "Sons Of Liberty".

After thinking about what was in their reply, I came to believe that these are not the "Sons Of Liberty" group at all. I will not reveal what they said but it shook me up a bit.

The other thing was that I did not give out my e-mail address (except when signing up to the site) and so it's a bit of a mystery as to how they found me.

When I tried to look into the e-mail header for the IP of the sender, it just contained a an address in a fairly public range and had no real traceability (it was on a Yahoo! server). Attempts to reply to the sender came back with SMTP 550 error "Mailbox not found".

SO it remains a mystery. Has anyone else been contacted by SOL Militia?
edit on 5/6/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Some dweeb sitting in the basement thining up virus' and messing with people....notice he didnt translate your reply and comment on it...nope...just another drone playing

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

I have wondered about that possibility myself. I have come to the conclusion that a basement troll would have been excited that I replied at all and would not have suddenly stopped "playing".

His last message was "Cautious shall be the babbler if he so wishes to turn darkness to light." That seems to point toward this person telling me to exercise caution because I have annoyed them or that they felt that I was being dross or impolite.

I did imply that he was not being gentlemanly by sending me such a message; by responding to to his first message with "We should meet at the southern cross on bone island later this week ... We should shake hands and meet on neutral ground like gentlemen..." Frankly his message frustrated me.

Another possibility is that he had expected more humility from me because of the "gravity" of his first message.

I was not trying to be impetuous toward him, I was merely caught off guard. One does not expect to receive such messages.
edit on 5/6/11 by sigil23 because: typos

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sigil23

I was about to suggest that one of your friends was playing with you and trying to get you to join freemasonry, based on some of the terms used, but after your second posting, I think if may be quite different. Let us know if you find answers.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I thought at first that it might have been a Mason friend of mine, as well. But he never said anything else. I know that there are a few groups with common roots with Freemasonry, so to speak, so I do wonder if it may be someone from one of those groups or even a clandestine lodge. I found the mention of the "token" to be interesting, because you do not hear it very often in that context. There is a "travelling penny" mentioned in the Chymical Wedding; and I often wonder if he was alluding to rosicrucian mysteries. I guess only time will tell. One day I shall knock on someones door, may it be the Masons, Rosy-Cross, or ....

I am curious as to what your gut feelings are about the tone of the second message which said "Cautious shall be the babbler if he so wishes to turn darkness to light."

It seems he may have been expecting a question, as opposed to me suggesting that we meet on neutral ground and shake hands like gentlemen.
edit on 5/6/11 by sigil23 because: typo and clarification...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I really like the poem in this thread:www.abovetopsecret.com...
It is titled I See You've Traveled Some.

Seeing this poem is the first time I have seen these words on in print, other than in the message in the OP.

I may well have been contacted by a Mason on "the book of faces" and misinterpreted him a little bit. I have had some very pleasant conversations with Masons over the years, to be honest.
edit on 5/6/11 by sigil23 because: formatting

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I always ignore this type of email.

I hope you find resolution. In the future, perhaps I will respond to a few of them, too. They are almost always confusing while using incorrect syntax and punctuation. I never once considered that they were from an entity from beyond.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Just curious, have you been doing any research into spirituality? The quote "turn darkness to light" and other overtones in your OP remind me of the Emerald Tablets of Thoth

I certainly hope you'll keep us posted if anything further develops.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sigil23

the second post mentioned that someone was physically looking out for you, that isn't the way masonry works. All are equal and on the level. So there would be nobody deemed special enough to warrant having someone follow them around. It's just not what we do. It made me think of a government agency type thing. I cannot speak for the RC's though.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sigil23

Masons dont approach first...you have to go to them...its a basic tenet...the likelyhood that some secret society would approch you in such a fashion,the halt contact after the first speaking isnt very likely...they would have had a reason to reach out and wouldnt take your first response as a signal to sever contact....I may be incorrect but Im still leaning towards a prank...JMO

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
reply to post by sigil23

Masons dont approach first...you have to go to them...its a basic tenet...

Um, no...On three occasions, I've been approached by Mason acquaintances (from different lodges) who told me that if I was interested in joining, I could speak to them. Times are tough all over.

Secondly, as to the OP, I note that, according to his signature line, he already has an interest in the occult. How does this factor into the discussion?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Homedawg
reply to post by sigil23

Masons dont approach first...you have to go to them...its a basic tenet...

Um, no...On three occasions, I've been approached by Mason acquaintances (from different lodges) who told me that if I was interested in joining, I could speak to them. Times are tough all over.

This MAY have happened with you , but this would be an anomaly as it is a direct violation to seek members out . Because you MAY have been asked does not make it so for the Fraternity as a whole . So the above posters statement is correct , we as a whole do not seek out members . Three Masons asking you to join does not make the statement any less true , it simply shows that there are three Masons who do not abide by the rules of Freemasonry .

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

what is supposed to happen and what actually happens are two different things in some cases. While men are supposed to come to masonry on their own free will and accord, sometimes a friend can slip on how he mentions it and appear to be inviting you. It's not supposed to happen for reasons that you would only understand by becoming one, but it does. I personally think it's a testament to a persons character to be recommended to our fraternity. You must be a good person.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whenandwhere
Three Masons asking you to join does not make the statement any less true , it simply shows that there are three Masons who do not abide by the rules of Freemasonry .

I'd say that it is a greater reflection of the fact that volunteers and joiners are becoming harder to attract and I'd just bet that Lodges are having that problem as well. Like I said, three different lodges.The language used was of the "If you've ever thought of becoming a Mason, I'd be pleased to sponsor you" variety. No need to go cutting anyone's tongues from their throats or nuthin', eh?

Originally posted by network dude
I personally think it's a testament to a persons character to be recommended to our fraternity. You must be a good person.

Thanks...I have a certain record in the community, I just prefer to focus my efforts in particular directions and let those who do things best, do those things. There is a dearth of volunteerism in society today, though, evidenced by the rate of volunteer burn out. Every group is recruiting, in their own ways. I encourage everyone to get involved in some manner.
Now back to the thread...
edit on 6-6-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: just cuz

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

.The language used was of the "If you've ever thought of becoming a Mason, I'd be pleased to sponsor you" variety.

Then you were not directly asked to join , these Masons merely made a statement so the comment that Masons can not ask others to join still stands .

We can make many statements that skirt the rule without violating it . I have said things like "You would make a good Freemason" . This is not asking them directly , but let's them know I am here when they make up their minds .

top topics

join