It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad cell phone reception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
For the past week my usually stellar cell phone reception has been horrible. Poor, staticky connection, dropout, etc. Totally unlike what I normally get, which is crystal clear.

Anybody else experiencing this? Could it be sunspots or atmospheric conditions? Or is Verizon setting us up to force us to buy newer, more expensive equipment?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I have experienced this myself, and have read a few articles. From what I have read, it is based on the growth of cell phone usage outpacing the ability of the providers to keep up with the demand. Their are simply too many people drawing on the the grid.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Yes, I have also had problems with my Verison phone. It has been going on for about a week. Personally, I believe the "sun issue" is being down-played by the media. Plus, it's quite a coinsodence that it's happening at the same time as these unusual storms. Haarp interference?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

A phone's a phone, signal's good, signals bad. All is good, only thing close to effecting us is a small solar flare in the past few days which has caused a slight heat wave in the UK. Nothing to report or worry about.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I've had the same thing happen to me for about the past week as well, My work phone is ATT and I have noticed very poor call quality at times when it says I have full service. I've been dropping calls and hearing what sounds like bits and pieces of other calls coming in as well as other general problems.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses.
A friend of mine has such poor reception that Verizon says she needs a 'cell tower' for her home, at a cost of $289! What??!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dvid3k

I've been dropping calls and hearing what sounds like bits and pieces of other calls coming in as well as other general problems.

Yes! I have that same problem too, almost like the old crosstalk problem with land lines. But not constant, just bits and pieces, like you said.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

3G droid x here.
Recently got it so the wife would have a leash on me.

But seriously i get awesome reception even in my house which has steel siding.
My wife is on sprint through her company and has crap reception however, even going on the wifi.
She just had to have the phone with a kickstand.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Could just be a bad signal but I bet you are right on the last part!

CJ

top topics

join