It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"At least 8 wounded in city-wide violence", This in the city with the most restrictive gun laws in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I live in a suburb of Chicago, and every year when the weather gets warmer, shootings and murders are all over the news!! You'd think the politicians would catch on by now, and learn that when you outlaw guns, only outlaws have guns!! Every other state with reasonable laws that allow you to posess and carry firearms have low crime rates, and have seen violent crime decrease with the implementation of such laws. I'm sure there will be many more articles with headlines similar to this until these lawmakers pull their heads out of their a$$es!! Obviously stopping law abiding citizens from being able to defend themselves is not working.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

it makes me giggle that folks still think the politicians care about their constituants.
The politicians do not need to catch on as everything is going according to plan.
The lowly people kill off each other and there is no real loss is how they see it.
Sucks but, logic point towards me being correct.
Protect yourself and eliminate any witnesses.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Sad but true. It seems like every time a politician makes a controversial decision, their statement to the press says something like "the people have spoken" or some cliche, when their position on the subject in no way represents what the people want. Our governor Quinn has done just that, first by raising our state income tax, supposedly "temporarily" (I'll beleive that when I see it), then saying he would veto a CCW bill that passed the house with a majority, saying "it's what the people want" BS!! They're all full of crap!! Especially in this dirty state!!

join