It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Rangel; In order to cut spending, we have to raise taxes.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well lets hope there determined to bring down the defecit because if they are this is exactly what will do it....if you cut spending and raise taxes = more money which also = lower defecit so yeah weve been needing this for a while even tho i dont like the taxation rate
edit on 4-6-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

don't forget "we have to pass it to see what's in it".

ya, we are getting really stuuuuuuuupid!

lol!
edit on 4-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by beezzer

Well lets hope there determined to bring down the defecit because if they are this is exactly what will do it....if you cut spending and raise taxes = more money which also = lower defecit so yeah weve been needing this for a while even tho i dont like the taxation rate

hey, how bout just cut spending?

cut the pork! put the money where it does good.

raise taxes? how high? huh?

hate to live in your house.

no offence, but raising taxes is not the solution.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by beezzer

hey, how bout just cut spending?

cut the pork! put the money where it does good.

raise taxes? how high? huh?

hate to live in your house.

no offence, but raising taxes is not the solution.

Agreed.
The progressive mantra likens this to alcoholism. Where conservatives would want to stop the drunk from drinking, progressives just want to raise the blood alcohol level.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No rant there beezzer. Reason and logic mixed with sweet Capitalism and freedom is a beautiful thing.
I have been pressed for time for the last three days and haven’t been communicating as well as I could while posting on here.
What I meant with my last post was …. We are going to be taxed with every turn we make ie the current government has honed in on “greedy evil oil companies”.
They want to discontinue their subsidies. The current administration tells only half of a story.

While they bolster hatred and “it’s not fair” to those who seek a profit. The short of it all is that we the people will pay for it. Gas prices will rise in addition to rising already.

What they fail to draw attention to is that there are other industries who make a greater profit then the evil oil companies who are also subsidized ie grocery companies.
It’s a win-win situation for the beast (government). They get to keep the subsidies from the oil companies while it’s the People who get hit in the wallet.

No, government is not to be trusted no matter what they choose to label their selves as (Republican, Democrats, Independent ect.) most are all the same. Liars and for-purchase, lol.

edit on 4-6-2011 by sweetliberty because: for easier reading appearance

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Nothing should be raised imo. Not the debt ceiling limit, or taxes.
If banksters, government and special interest bullies get their way, they will say and do whatever it takes to grow and thrive off of our dime.

Any so-called logic that grows government is a lie. Cutting spending means to stop spending, to get out of the cookie jar. Raising taxes means government and the like become more powerful.
Tptb need to be accountable and should be taken on with a vengeance but to claim that we have to give even more of our finances is wrong and makes no cents!

Any kind of increase proposed by government should be grounds for instant incarceration.

edit on 4-6-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join