It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Most Disgusting Foods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by coldbore

Although I don't really eat balut it is one of my dad's favorite.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Even though I am now a vegetarian of over 30 years, I can honestly say that both Haggis and Black Pudding taste pretty damn good. I never had Haggis that often due to it being eaten more in Scotland than the UK, but black Pudding on a proper English Breakfast, washed down with a large, hot mug of strong tea is the dogs b*****ks.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
black pudding is fairly normal in the uk (or atleast up north it is). i'm not crazy about it , but i'll eat it no prob, its quite nice.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldbore

mm, this looks yummy (this is actually a super expensive dish in china)
china, where anything is edible :/

What you just shared is pictures of a cooked fetus of a human baby? That is totally disgusting and horrible! How evil and cruel......why did you share this?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

well, the thread is about discusting food, and well, i figured that eating something such as a cooked, aborted human fetus would indead be pretty discusting. also like to note that you should lighten up a bit, welcome to the internet. somewhere in the world, this is concidered a delicacy, i shouldnt have to change my actions just because you get offended, if your offended this easily, you really shouldnt be on the internet. there are a LOT of FAR worse stuff out there :/

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Haggis is actually pretty damn good. To those that don't like offal ever eaten a hotdog?

The grossest thing I've heard of was on an episode of No Reservations in I think the Philippines but I can't remember. It was Tripe soup in a broth of uric acid. Then there is Kiviak which is an Inuit dish of Auks fermented in seal skin.

All in all though from working in a butchershop I can honestly say that we all eat some pretty gross stuff even without noticing. No I'm not talking about "extra ingredients" so to speak. Most Forcemeat contains all kinds of offal and other leftovers this includes hotdogs, sausage and coldcuts.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
What you just shared is pictures of a cooked fetus of a human baby? That is totally disgusting and horrible! How evil and cruel......why did you share this?

Were you expecting flowers and rainbows in a thread about gross food? Question the people who eat it not the guy who is clearly against it posting about it in a gross food thread. Why call him evil and cruel when he is clearly against he act?

If you are this sensitive you shouldn't be on a site which has at times disturbing content such as this one.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

Originally posted by caladonea

Were you expecting flowers and rainbows in a thread about gross food? Question the people who eat it not the guy who is clearly against it posting about it in a gross food thread. Why call him evil and cruel when he is clearly against he act?

If you are this sensitive you shouldn't be on a site which has at times disturbing content such as this one.

I didn't say he was evil and cruel...but what he posted to me is...I am entitled to my feelings and reactions...
edit on 5-6-2011 by caladonea because: correct word

edit on 5-6-2011 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Can't believe Surströmming was left out - google it.

It is so strong, it has to be opened outdoors, but is a delicacy in scandinavian countries, and apparently tastes great, despite the smell which is hard to get past.

Haggis sounds disgusting, but is actually pretty tasty, as are heart, kidney, liver and many other so-called "offal" cuts.

Granted, black pudding sounds like a pretty weird concept, but it is great with a full english, and fried with chorizo a few herbs and spices (to choice), and then combined with peppers and red onion, plus wholegrain brown rice is a real treat, especially if you can throw some mussels in as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

3. Haggis

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70cfd2b2347a.jpg[/atsimg]

A traditional Scottish dish, haggis is really nothing more than a type of sausage. However, this particular sausage is comprised of a sheep’s lungs, liver and heart. Many describe haggis as resembling stuffed intestines more than sausage. However, although they admit it looks unappealing, Haggis-lovers swear that those who are brave enough to taste it will come running back for more.

1. Black Pudding

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11f1ddd618f4.jpg[/atsimg]

This dish is comprised largely of blood drawn from pigs, cattle or sheep. However, it doesn’t become blood pudding until the blood is allowed to coagulate, a filler of oatmeal, barley or sweet potato is added, and the entire mass is brought to a boil. During the cooking process, a delightful skin is produced atop the goo. While some like to remove the skin before plunging their spoon into the pudding, others enjoy its chewy texture and prefer to eat it last.

TopTenz

edit on 6/2/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

With a Scottish mother and an English father, I was subjected to Black pudding until I was old enough to say no! (When I promptly did.)
I am told haggis is delicious, but I have somewhat fortunately, never tried it.
What do all these dishes have in common? Meat! Seriously, that's why I am semi-veg...
Vile dishes from New Zealand - kina (sea urchin) and Rotten Corn, which is exactly what it says on the tin. My Maori daughter-in-law says the latter is delicious, I'll take her word for it!
Kina
Rotten corn
(Interestingly, Google told me that Rotten Corn is a Mexican dish! I assume that's because NZ Google defaults to American results unless you specify... )

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile

Headcheese (self explanitory)

Not to me it's not! Could you please explain? Is it what we called 'brawn' when I was a child? That is, made from the innards of a pig's head... Vile!)
Also, can some American please tell me what "variety meats' are? I came across the term on Rosanne years ago.. Also, hush puppies and sloppy joes?
Vicky

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Hush puppies are delicious fried dough, usually tastes like a cornmeal dough that has a hint of sweetness to it but that could be from the corn.
Sloppy Joe's are hamburger meat cooked in a tomato sauce on a bun...my husband likes his more spicy/savory (manwhich) which has onion, bell peppers, garlic powder, mustard, ketchup or tomato paste & sauce, salt pepper in it while I like mine sweet since it's what I grew up with. My mom always cooked the ground beef and chopped onion then added ketchup, mustard and brown sugar.

@coldbore were those photos real? I thought it was fake from this site: Zhu Yu

he truth? Can you handle the truth? These photos are actually lifted from a conceptual art piece by Chinese sculptor Zhu Yu. He makes realistic human organs, pieces of faces, babies and such and displays them like you would buy meat in the grocery store. They are indeed made from food products, you could actually eat them, but there's no human tissue in them.

edit on 6-6-2011 by kittendaydreamer because: fried dough not friend dough...doh!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kittendaydreamer
reply to post by Vicky32

Hush puppies are delicious fried dough, usually tastes like a cornmeal dough that has a hint of sweetness to it but that could be from the corn.
Sloppy Joe's are hamburger meat cooked in a tomato sauce on a bun...my husband likes his more spicy/savory (manwhich) which has onion, bell peppers, garlic powder, mustard, ketchup or tomato paste & sauce, salt pepper in it while I like mine sweet since it's what I grew up with. My mom always cooked the ground beef and chopped onion then added ketchup, mustard and brown sugar.

Thank you kittendaydreamer, those things actually sound delicious! I have to say I prefer your husband's version, as I prefer spicy to sweet...
Vicky
Thanks too, for explaining about the foetus pictures. I couldn't believe any sane person would actually eat babies!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

I love sea urchin sushi! Second favorite next to eel!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb93e44b8d08.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I think I just lost my appetite for breakfast lol

They forgot peas!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
When I was a kid we moved our California selves to Oklahoma and discovered hush puppies. Mom promptly decided they could taste so much better if only.....so we had shrimp hush puppies, onion and clam hush puppies, you get the idea. They were awesome. Maybe I'll have to dig up those old recipes.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Not only do I think the fetus soup is disgusting and immoral (cannabalism at it's lowest level by choice?????), but I have to think about the fact that not only did some one invent the recipe, but also had the idea that THERE WOULD BE CUSTOMERS FOR IT!!!! wow. And there are. wow. I wonder how does one feel about it after they eat it. Quite a process involved in that soup. I also wonder about the demographics...who would you market it to? wow.

Then again, I tend to over think things.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Akutaq or Eskimo Ice Cream.. that should be number 1.

he native people of Alaska have a distinct version of ice cream. It's not creamy ice cream as we know it, but a concoction made from reindeer fat or tallow, seal oil, freshly fallen snow or water, fresh berries, and sometimes ground fish. Air is whipped in by hand so that it slowly cools into foam. They call this Arctic treat akutaq, aqutuk, ackutuk, or Eskimo ice cream. Akutaq is a Yupik word that means mix them together.

whatscookingamerica.net...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join