It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Obama ever spoken Ron Paul's name? Or ever addressed him in a public statement by name?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Just curious, because if the presidential debate comes down to Obama and Ron Paul it'll look awfully silly if Obama pretends to talk to a wall while his back is to Ron Paul. Will the audience buy it? Obama will just keep assuming he's the only one on stage.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Just curious, because if the presidential debate comes down to Obama and Ron Paul it'll look awfully silly if Obama pretends to talk to a wall while his back is to Ron Paul. Will the audience buy it? Obama will just keep assuming he's the only one on stage.

Huh? I don't get it. So what does Obama (possibly) not ever talking about some politician have to do with him acting like Moron in a debate? Does Obama have to speak about every politician that wants a chance at the White House....Whether you like him or not, I think he's got better stuff to do right now.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't think he will address anyone until debates, hes the president, I don't think he will bring himself down to that level yet, it just doesn't show confidence to engage in back and forth with people below him (in the political game) and every ones below him now, the captain of the ship doesn't debate with his first mate, hes the captain

my $.02
besides last time he addressed some ones statements it was Palin I believe and that didn't work out to well for the big O, it was over drill baby drill I believe

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I don't think he can.
Invoking the name would probably make Obama's head instantly explode.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
President's should never engage individual members of Congress as it weakens their position. They are supposed to be above that and I think Obama has learned from things like the Harvard scandel or calling out the Supreme Court on live television.

He would not be presidential if he engaged Ron Paul directly.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

lmao

he's not presidential now !!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I was applying it to the Office of the President not Obama specifically.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by all answers exist
I don't think he will address anyone until debates, hes the president, I don't think he will bring himself down to that level yet, it just doesn't show confidence to engage in back and forth with people below him (in the political game) and every ones below him now, the captain of the ship doesn't debate with his first mate, hes the captain

my $.02
besides last time he addressed some ones statements it was Palin I believe and that didn't work out to well for the big O, it was over drill baby drill I believe

well then maybe someone should tell Obama to not stoop to the level of bashing the tea party and Sarah Palin.

edit: oh and Donald Trump.
edit on 2-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

President's should never engage individual members of Congress as it weakens their position. They are supposed to be above that and I think Obama has learned from things like the Harvard scandel or calling out the Supreme Court on live television.

actually the Executive and Legislative should be on the same level, not one above the other. Where did you study American government to say such a thing?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

actually the Executive and Legislative should be on the same level, not one above the other. Where did you study American government to say such a thing?

I'm actually working on my degree in Political Science lol. I may not have spoken clearly enough so let me elaborate. Executive and Legislative should be on the same level of course but the Office of the President should not engage directly with individuals as that is not the job of the President.

This is what the senate and the house do....engage in direct debates. The President's role is to set the direction of policy and guide people in the direction he thinks best. For him to start engaging in direct debate get's him bogged down and unfocused on the larger picture overall.

The President is supposed to be the leader of the nation as a whole and while he should campaign for his ideas he should not get into back and forth's with people over particular issues.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I didn't mean debate, I meant acknowledged his existence in any way, shape, or form. The president is allowed to acknowledge the existence of members of congress right?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I doubt Obama knows who Ron Paul is.
2nd

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

IF you are a Ron Paul supporter, I'd be more concerned about how the GOP consistently maligns him than some theoretical manufactured slight from Obama you are projecting into the future.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

lmao

he's not presidential now !!!!

I know! The way he's all like, a slightly different tone than all the previous presidents. It's totally UN-Presidential!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I'm actually working on my degree in Political Science lol. I may not have spoken clearly enough so let me elaborate. Executive and Legislative should be on the same level of course but the Office of the President should not engage directly with individuals as that is not the job of the President.

This is what the senate and the house do....engage in direct debates. The President's role is to set the direction of policy and guide people in the direction he thinks best. For him to start engaging in direct debate get's him bogged down and unfocused on the larger picture overall.

The President is supposed to be the leader of the nation as a whole and while he should campaign for his ideas he should not get into back and forth's with people over particular issues.

Actually it is the job of the President to enforce policy as set out by Congress. The reason the USA is down in a hole is because of our weak Legislators and corrupt Executive/Judicial branches of government.

top topics

join