It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What became of this invention...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I read a few years back of technology that creates new teeth - it's mostly been scrubbed, though. I did find this short article, in the same basic form on several sites (there used to be much more info - like the researchers' names and so on):

From www.bioscienceworld.ca...

The toothless grin of a hockey player may soon be a thing of the past. A team of researchers at the University of Alberta (Edmonton, AB) has developed a technology to reform human dental tissue.

Using low-intensity pulsed ultrasound (LIPUS), the team — which includes members from the faculties of engineering and medicine and dentistry — has created a miniaturized system-on-a-chip that offers a non-invasive and novel way to stimulate jaw growth and healing in dental tissue. The miniscule, wireless transducer can be mounted on an orthodontic, or “braces,” bracket, or a plastic removable crown. The team also designed an energy sensor to ensure the LIPUS power is reaching the target area of the teeth roots within the bone.

Why do you suppose Our [sarcasm=y] Dear Friends [sarcasm=n] in the Mainstream Media aren't leaping on this to investigate?
edit on 6/1/2011 by Amaterasu because: punctuation gaffe.

edit on 6/1/2011 by Amaterasu because: Dear Gods, another one!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Probably forgotton. That was from 2006. Plenty of articles on it back then. The one I am reading says they were aiming to have it ready in 2 years. That would have been 2008. 3 years of set backs isn't unreasonable and possible the thing turned out to not work at all... However it would be nice to know what did happen.

Source

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This seems to be the source of the project. If I read this right it is still in clinical trials but the guy does have some patents on it.
Source
edit on 1-6-2011 by jaydeePNW because: spelling

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

This has been a topic around our house..

my wife told me, a few years back, about Tooth-buds...

tiny "seeds" if you will follow,, -- Harvested-- from Fetus and stillborn children,, and implanted into adults..

the tooth grows,, and you get a new "baby"tooth and after the proper amount of time, (depending on the tooth)
you get a Adult tooth in the proper place,,,if harvested correctly..

now its hard to imagine people doing it HERE in the USA..,,, but in other countries it happens..

looking for a link.. ETA... www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 6/1/11 by darrman because: spellinglish

edit on 6/1/11 by darrman because: add a line

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Why do you suppose Our [sarcasm=y] Dear Friends [sarcasm=n] in the Mainstream Media aren't leaping on this to investigate?

Probably because it's in the R&D phase. Only so much you can report on something when there is no evidence and just speculation.

That is the difference between news and rumor.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Probably because it's in the R&D phase. Only so much you can report on something when there is no evidence and just speculation.

That is the difference between news and rumor.

Um... According to the Supreme Court, news and rumor can easily be the same thing. No difference really. Some news and some rumor are true. Some news and some rumor are false. [shrug]

I'll tell you, what - One never knows with either.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Interesting link! Thanks for that. I had not read of this other tech. Seems there are more than one way to get new, real teeth.

I hope these become available to all. But the ADA will be a contender in keeping the tech at bay - root canals, fillings and bridge work all make money for Them, so getting teeth replaced is a threat to business.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaydeePNW
This seems to be the source of the project. If I read this right it is still in clinical trials but the guy does have some patents on it.
Source

The original work that I read the few years back was work out of the University of Saskatchewan... Didn't see that on this guy's resume. Maybe I missed it. That info I was looking at is no longer on the web, it would seem. They were stimulating the root and new teeth were growing. There was a comment about how One had to have the root intact to have it work.

Thanks for the effort. I appreciate it.

new topics

top topics

join