It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA pays out just $2k to Texas woman whose breasts were exposed during patdown

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

TSA pays out just $2k to Texas woman whose breasts were exposed during patdown Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk

An airline passenger who sued the TSA after her breasts were exposed during a patdown has received a settlement of just $2,350.
Lynsie Murley, 24, sued the TSA for negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress after she was humiliated at Texas's Corpus Christi airport in May of 2008.
Miss Murley, of Amarillo in Texas, claimed an agent pulled her blouse completely down, exposing her breasts to everyone in the area, after she was 'singled out for extended search procedures'.
The agents 'joked and laughed' for an 'extended period of time', she said.

Read more: http://
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Wed, 01 Jun 2011 20:05:51 -0500 by MemoryShock because: Mod Edit: Removed Link From Thread Title.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

When she re-entered the line, a male TSA worker told her he wished he had been there when she first passed through.
Then, she claimed, he said he would 'just have to watch the video'.
The incident left Miss Murley 'extremely embarrassed and humiliated', according to her complaint.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

no #! Good luck America this is what you have become - a laughing stock. Those with a government badge can do what the frack they want! Good Luck...

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I wanna say this you go girl! I only wihs the settlement could have been for more money. So is it true that TSA officlas are lecherous deviants or is it just the few???

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Damn that's an expensive peep show...wow.

Just kidding, but seriously if they tried that # with me there'd be TSA agents with black eyes oh and I'd probably be in jail instead of free, cough yeah right, free

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Damn that's an expensive peep show...wow.

Just kidding, but seriously if they tried that # with me there'd be TSA agents with black eyes oh and I'd probably be in jail instead of free, cough yeah right, free

Don't retaliate with physical violence or your payout when you take legal action against them will be smaller.
Know your rights, don't let some manipulate them.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Greatest damn country on Earth! FEH! maybe when my grandad fought WWII not anymore.I have watched it crumble.I am old enough to remember freedom and it dried up around 1980 when Ronnie Raygun took office and has been on the down slide since. Say what you will about Carter but this country was relatively free right up till he was gone. Thank political hiney vacuuming to corporate Amerika for that.
How bloody freaking third world we are getting!
seed

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Don't retaliate with physical violence or your payout when you take legal action against them will be smaller.
reply to post by nahsik

Nah I think Idyserenity is trying to say is thats how she feels at least I thnk she is a she. Thats how I feel when I see women making you tube vidoe 's and crying after wards. nd saying they have been assualted. I don;t know about you but if I saw my sister or my mother or my daughter we would have problems. thats how I feel when i see this.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

reply to post by nahsik

Nah I think Idyserenity is trying to say is thats how she feels at least I thnk she is a she. Thats how I feel when I see women making you tube vidoe 's and crying after wards. nd saying they have been assualted. I don;t know about you but if I saw my sister or my mother or my daughter we would have problems. thats how I feel when i see this.

Yes I am a she, and what I mean is they never have gotten that far they'd be punched before it happened.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It makes you wonder how much more sh1t Americans will stand, as I just finish talking to someone about it. And they rather choose safety over freedom. It makes you wonder how people choose to live a life filled with fear at the same time they don't want to hear a sh1t about Japan nuclear radiation dump over America and how to prepare themselves for the exposure of nuclear radiation. This country is very deluded.
edit on 1-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Even though she didn't get tons of money, this is probably good for the cause overall. They awarded her damages, so her case was well-founded, which means the TSA's perverts were in the wrong. The more this crap happens the faster things may shape up, at least hopefully. It could be the complete opposite however, considering the direction the entire country is heading.

It says they were laughing at the situation too, so not only are they perverts, they're immature perverts...oxymorons.
c wat i kinda dids tryin b smart? But then again I suppose all perverts aren't immature...I don't know.
edit on 6/1/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

It's because of u americans apparently dont have the balls to stand against your abusive government, here in my country we fight, we fight restless to throw them off the power u must rise, u must learn from us and remember YOUR ancestors, they fought for freedom too, so you must do the same again. If u want the great american country with freedom u had u must fight!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
$2300 bucks what the hell she cheaped out

thats all that was worth?

she had just cause and did suffer that could have made her millions not to mention it could have resulted in a massive overhaul of the nazi tsa pedos.

i am disappointed.

never yeild when your in the right and she was.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
At least she can afford to check her bags next time she flies... I kid I kid

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thats a very small amount of money for such a disgusting incident, nevermind major civil rights violation. I don't think such massive civil rights and constitutional violations will ever stop unless organized actions are taken against TSA agents themselves; targeting the people doing the governments bidding will drive the point home.

Desperate times call for desperate measures IMO.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Just shows they can get away with anything. If she had of exposed herself she would have been in jail. If any other man had of exposed her he would have been charged as a sex offender. We live in a country that has so many laws covering this type of behavior. Then the state and federal government circumvents behavior we are held accountable for. SEE SOMETHING WRONG HERE?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I hope some TSA employee starts releasing these tapes, id sure like to see them too.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
YOU NEED A BETTER LAWYER!!!!!,,............

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I have to say it.....

Pics, or it never happened.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
To all of the booger flicks on this thread who are begging to see the pics or bantering in further humiliation of this incident, I wish to ask you jackasses a couple of questions.

1) Did the soldiers who lost their lives against tyranny in the many wars fought for this country die for their citizens to be treated like this?

2) If this was your mother, daughter, neice or any other female relative or friend would you pukes further basterdize this incident?

Grow up or do the rest of us all a damn favor an uninstall your operating system.
morons.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

1) Did the soldiers who lost their lives against tyranny in the many wars fought for this country die for their citizens to be treated like this?

If they fought in Vietnam or Iraq... They sure did.

Giving your life to your government is not heroic, unless maybe you are defending your nation while it's being invaded. (You could say preventing a genocide in another country falls under the same circumstances)

Anything else you've been led to believe is just a matter of misplaced nationalism.

2) If this was your mother, daughter, neice or any other female relative or friend would you pukes further basterdize this incident?

If you can't make light of it, then hit the off switch to the world and let a few people get off. Laughter is the best medicine in life.

And while it is a shame someone got embarrassed, far worse things happen everyday in the world. I wonder if she was in a drunken stupor at a bar, club or vacation spot, and the same thing happened... would she be as embarrassed?

Not justifying the TSA here. But if this is a moral crusade being done by the women, she should have forgot the money and fought for something else.

At the end of the day, she flashed her chest and got a couple grand out of it. That's enough to make any stage dancer jealous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join