It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Anthony Weiner sends lewd photos.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Funny, because it seems to me that that's exactly what's happening here, or else we wouldn't be talking about it. Do you even watch the "lamestream media" anymore? The cable news networks have been cycling this story ever since it first broke.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

So far he has failed to state that the picture is or is not of him, or his body part.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
So far he has failed to state that the picture is or is not of him, or his body part.
And why do you think he has to? Last time I checked taking a self-picture, even if a nude one, by itself isn’t a crime, nor is it sending that picture to a 21 year old.

What’s in dispute here is whether someone sent a picture pretending to be Wiener to an adult girl on twitter.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by aptness

However, If someone hacked a sitting Congressman's email.

This has huge National Security implications.

It may not be Mr. Weiner's weener.

But, hacking a sitting Reps Capitol Hill computer ?

He did not call the FBI ? Think about that.

Somebody will end up getting the shaft.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
However, If someone hacked a sitting Congressman's email.
This has huge National Security implications. ...
But, hacking a sitting Reps Capitol Hill computer ?
How do you know they hacked his “Capitol Hill computer”? IIRC Weiner said he used a private email for his twitter account, but even if he used his Congressional email address, it doesn’t follow that his “Capitol Hill computer” was necessarily hacked.

He did not call the FBI ? Think about that.
If it has the national security implications you believe it has then he doesn’t need to call anyone — there would be an investigation irrespective of Weiner’s actions.

edit on 2-6-2011 by aptness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
From my inbox, just this morning. I find it very helpful.

June 2, 2011
How to Talk to Your Kids about Anthony Weiner's Penis
Advice from Davis Logsdon, Child Psychologist

MINNEAPOLIS (The Borowitz Report) - As a prominent child psychologist, I know the struggles that parents go through trying to answer their children’s most difficult questions. “What will happen to me when I die?” “Why do people I love have to go away?” “If there is a God, why does he allow so much pain and suffering in the world?” “Could someone hack my Twitter account and send pictures of my erect penis to everyone in the world?”

Anecdotally, it’s this last question that parents have been wrestling with the most over the past few days. As much as we try to shelter our children, they’re not immune to the pervasive influence of the Internet as well as the cable news channels, all of which have been broadcasting titillating details of the Anthony Weiner bulging underwear scandal on a 24-hour basis. Understandably, this has a negative effect on our children’s sense of security and wellbeing. Kids today live in a world that is confusing and scary enough without throwing into the mix the fear of having one’s erect penis secretly photographed and tweeted to the four corners of the world.

Because I’ve dealt with this nettlesome issue so much over the past few days, I thought it might be helpful to publish the following tips to help concerned parents talk to their kids about Anthony Weiner’s penis:

Could what happened to Anthony Weiner’s penis happen to my penis?

No. Anthony Weiner’s penis has many followers on Twitter. Your penis isn’t even on Twitter. Someday, when your penis gets much older, it may be on Twitter. But that’s nothing to worry about, because many people believe the world will end before then.

If someday my penis is on Twitter and someone sends pictures of it to everyone in the world, what should I do?

Most people go through life without ever having their penis sent to everyone in the world. But if it does happen, just say that the whole thing is a “distraction.” That’s a long word which means it’s your penis but you don’t want to talk about it.

Could Anthony Weiner’s penis hack my penis’s Twitter account and send pictures of my penis to people?

No. Anthony Weiner’s penis is too busy to do something like that.

If there is a God, why does he let so much pain and suffering happen to Anthony Weiner’s penis?

God does many wonderful things. He made you, and Mommy and Daddy, and the sun and the moon and all of the food that we eat. But sometimes God gets bored, and that’s why He made the people who invented Twitter.

Get the Borowitz Report delivered to your inbox for free.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I thought I should bring this up seeings I am a fan of the daily show, and what I found is a little weird.

Jon Stewart and Anthony Weiner were buddies in college, Stewart's brother, Larry Leibowitz, is the COO of the NYSE, and his father, Donald Leibowitz was a professor of physics.

Now, all of these things are seemingly unrelated, but I find it weird that Stewart omits these facts when he is trying to identify with "the little guy."

This whole situation is odd to me. Especially seeings Weiner wont say whether or not its his weiner, who doesn't know that?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

It was reported by Fox News that it was sent by his Capitol Hill Laptop.

If he reports he was hacked, and he really sent the photo.

He could be charged with a crime.

I like the guy. He seems semi honest.

But, after seeing the photo, it seems to be a small matter.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GringoViejo

These people are oddly connected to say the least.

This could be an attempt to embarrass some in the media.

If this story lasts for more than four hours...

Call a Doctor...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

In a world of more relevant political news, this would be overlooked. People are confusing real issues with entertainment. If the political can be confused with fun stuff to joke about, it's easier to get away with almost anything. Who cares about ? Did you hear about the congressman who is rumored to have tweeted a picture of his crotch? Yea, OMG!

Did you hear about ? No, but man it was soo funny when happened!!!

Just keep everyone entertained so they don't become too focused on the long list of stuff they are increasingly getting away with.

This message of course isn't directed at everyone here on ATS. At least more of members here are open to hear the bad news, but it is running wild. Zombies from the CDC. Trump to run for President.

Who ever heard of such lunacy? And, people are so used to this stuff, they don't think about what it means. People stop paying attention to matters unless they're laced with something that entertains them (pissing you off counts along the same lines).

Beware the news. The latest in reality TV.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It was reported that Rep. Anthony Weiner sent lewd photos via the net.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Jon Stewart did a great segment.

I don't know if it will stand up in court.

But the penalty might be stiff.

This is hilarious...Insert euphemism here...

Well, I guess that's the long and the short of it.
People in spandex houses shouldn't throw kidney stones.
I just hope he keeps a stiff. . . . . . upper lip.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It was reported by Fox News that it was sent by his Capitol Hill Laptop.
I haven’t read or heard anything about that. Do you have a source for that?

If he reports he was hacked, and he really sent the photo. He could be charged with a crime.
What crime would that be? Giving false statements to the press? If that was a crime every politician would be in jail.

edit on 2-6-2011 by aptness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

www.youtube.com...

The above link explains O'Reilly's take on security.

I am looking for the part where he says it's his Government Laptop.

He says it to his panel during the show.

I don't believe any news channel.

Just repeating what I heard. I will keep looking for the clip.

To be fair...Rep. Weiner denies it was from his office.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join