It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World "one of the top 5 best post-9/11 films"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It's nice to see a good, unique movie win this award, as opposed to something stupid like the Justin Beiber movie or any of the other #ty movies that the originality lacking Hollywood has put forth over the past 10 years.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's certainly one of the best comic book movies made but not sure if it ranks on the top 5 best post 9/11 films.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Cant really say i enjoyed any of those films much, they were usually too slow paced for me and in general seemed bland. Scott Pilgrim was probably the best of that lot though, at least it was creative.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
why are we using a post 911 scale for crap like this

its a movie comic crap

post 911 really

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't think the film itself is one of the best post 9/11 films. Not to start a movie based on comic vs comic debate but, I feel the film left out a lot of important details such as the story of Scott and Kim.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What made the movie industry change so much on 9-11 that there needs to be a distinction now?
Hollywood was circling the drain before that; anyone remember Last Action Hero?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xFiDgetx

Sure, but for every bad movie, there were good ones each year too. Always were, always are, and likely always will be.

And yeah, this idea of using 9-11 as a reference for some change in movie-making, is a bit ridiculous. Scott Pilgrim was a decent movie, but I can't say I'd really ever care to watch it again, and that's kind of my measure for good comedy.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They're the Top Five? Who did they poll? All of those were terrible IMO.

I think rather than show a Top Five Post 9/11 Movie thing or whatever this ridiculous poll is, it should be renamed "Five of the Worst" and throw in any American Pie sequel, The Hangover and most other movies on there.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by samusaran253

Scott Pilgrim wasn't great.... it was ok.

The only one from that list I have in my own "Top whatever" movies.... is Ghost World, which is an amazing film.

Donnie Darko would also be a consideration....

But Scott Pilgrim & Napoleon Dynamite...... Hmmmm.

But reading the Intro to the article, they're actually just looking at "five of the more noteworthy coming-of-age titles of the 2000s" so they're not saying they're the BEST films since 9/11..... Your title is misleading and inaccurate.
edit on 1/6/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

join