It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE are the multi-verse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Okay so there is alot of talk and new science concerning the theroy of a multi-verse. An idea that there are multiple universes just like our own on an infinite scale. My thought is that maybe these universes are not physical places that are just out of our sight, but more of a "mental" place that our concences exist. This thought spured from a statement in another thread started earlier today.

According to Quantum Theory, each time you or anyone else makes a decision (turn right instead of left, or continue straight), you enter into a universe based on that decision. But, each other **POSSIBLE** decision that you could have made ACTUALLY HAPPENS, too. And those possibilities produce another universe based on those decisions. ~GhostLancer~

So i was thinking...Some say that we are all from/part of the same creator, so that means we should think we are all one, one concousness anyways. So how bout this, all the possiblities/decisions of OUR lives are not happening in OTHER universes but happening to everyone else on earth right now, as we are all one. So the guy that grew up to be an astronaut is just one of the possiblities we hav as a colective conciousness, a girl that died in a car crash on her 3rd birthday is another possibilty, the guy that lost his job and family to drug abuse is another way our life could have gone. GET IT? All the possible cause/effect decision/outcome senarios are not splitting into seperate other universes, they are all happening to our own just happening to someone else,which is you, just not the SELF/YOU that you see.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Yeah, I have had very similar thoughts my self. In the words of Bill Hick's "... we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively..."

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What happened once it happened could not have happened any other way than the way it happened, in that sense our world and reality is superdeterministic, in the wake of our choices, it doesn't split based on what did not happen that's absurd.

What's interesting, imho, is the notion that our choosing self, or the free self that freely chooses cannot exist in time and space, but that's a whole other thread topic.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
here you go brother this is well worth a watch, not on a scientific basis, but it opens your mind to look at life from a different point of view:

video.google.com...#

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Thanks agwsagwsagws-
That is a pretty awsome video!
welcome to ATS from Texas

top topics

join