It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cracks down on abuses by big-city police departments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Can we please not inject partisan politics into this, and just be glad that FINALLY someone is doing something about our corrupt police departments?

no offense dude but I think it's you who is bringing partisanship into the topic
because you are assuming he is saying "Obama is a lying liberal and cannot be trusted'

I didn't read an ounce of partisanship in his post

If my memory serves me correct it was during Obama's presidency that suppression of miranda rights were enacted. Alot of police corruption occurred during his presidency, sure Bush's too, absolutely.

I do not believe him, but i'm being optimistic because even the headline helps

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Well surprise surprise. ATS has been full of tales of police abuses and calls for somebody to do something. Along comes Obama (who you know might actually be listening DUH) and announces an investigation and what do the ATS conspiracy wolves do : COMPLAIN! Freaking hell. Complain AFTER the investigation comes to nothing if that is what happens.

Honestly is your hatred for Obama that intense?!?!?!?!?

If the claim of an investigation into police brutality had come from Ronald Mac Donald it would have had more credibility. Obama has a lousy track record of follow up on his promises.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Well surprise surprise. ATS has been full of tales of police abuses and calls for somebody to do something. Along comes Obama (who you know might actually be listening DUH) and announces an investigation and what do the ATS conspiracy wolves do : COMPLAIN! Freaking hell. Complain AFTER the investigation comes to nothing if that is what happens.

Honestly is your hatred for Obama that intense?!?!?!?!?

Not hatred, but total mistrust, yes.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli
Article should read "Obama pretends to crack down..."
Isn't that what he does? Pretend to do important things for p.r.?
I'm getting sick of his lip service.

Can we please not inject partisan politics into this, and just be glad that FINALLY someone is doing something about our corrupt police departments?

Hopefully this will move down to the smaller cities and townships as well. There are corrupt police officers in every precinct in this country.

There is nothing partisan about this at all. This is not a Democrat or Republican issue. We are seeing the same thing that we see no matter who the President is. He is announcing his intention to investigate and after he is reelected to a second term, he will conclude his "investigation" and say they followed procedure and Police have the toughest jobs there is. Then guess what? Nothing changes.

Politicians count on the sheep to think in terms of best case scenario. People see this and it gives them hope that maybe there will some kind of reform. Maybe this President is going to do something that will actually have an effect on MY life. Then the sheep walk around happy and smiling, but the "investigation" does not happen over night regardless of how much evidence there is. It takes a year or two or three. Then quietly they say, everything is ok and the sheep keep walking around thinking and waiting for the change they thought they were getting.

How many times do we have to see the exact same things happen before we finally get it? It is all for show!!!! This is an election year!!! Obama has been no different from any other President, but for some strange reason I am supposed to think that NOW he is different is actually going to do something?
edit on 31-5-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Public Relations campaign ENGAGE!!!

Funny how now that he's under heat from so many people he starts FINALLY doing something like this...

What a joke

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli
Article should read "Obama pretends to crack down..."
Isn't that what he does? Pretend to do important things for p.r.?
I'm getting sick of his lip service.

We're still waiting for him to close Guantanamo and end the war in Afghanistan - oh no, he authorised the keeping open of Guantanamo and sent more troops to Afghanistan. .

Sigh. He promised in his campaign to INCREASE troop levels and effort in Afghanistan. INCREASE! If you people are going to criticize him for 'lies' at least know what he said!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Inwas reading something from FAMMS (families against mandatory minimum sentences) today about how there are a few senators/representatives toying with ideas to save money with massive reforms to the system from cops to judges to prisons.

Could be that corrupt cop practices are simply to expensive to persist. It can't be cheap going out of your way to make crime where there is none and use up resources on nonsense. Not to mention the settlements paid out when they get caught.

Is it possible that tyranny is simply too expensive to maintain and the United States is so broke it couldnt maintain the police state even if it wanted to?

I hope so.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

God, if only that were true. I have a feeling, though, that, like National Defense, they'd close every school, library, park, national monument, and your granny's mail service (but probably not the DMV
) to continue to finance the police state. Not that I'm cynical or anything. I just don't see anything coming of it. Electioneering BS as usual, that's what I think.

Prove me wrong, Obama. I'd love to have seen my last Cops Gone Brutal video. But as long as they're getting DHS money and Special Forces training....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join