It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas does special session today, might pass HB1937 (anti-TSA bill) after all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
House and Senate Adjourn; Special Session Tuesday

House Republican leader Rep. Larry Taylor, of Friendswood, said it's highly likely that Gov. Rick Perry will put the controversial bill banning sanctuary cities on the agenda for the special legislative session that is expected to start tomorrow. And in a letter to Perry outlining the priorities he'd like address during the special legislative session, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst included the sanctuary cities bill and a slew of other priorities:

SB 8 – Relating to improving the quality and efficiency of health care;

SB 23 – Relating to the administration of reforms, efficiency, cost-saving, fraud prevention, and funding measures for certain health and human services and health benefits programs;

HB 5 – Relating to establishing an Interstate Health Care Compact;

HB 12 – Relating to the enforcement of state and federal laws governing immigration by certain governmental entities;

HB 272 – Relating to the operation of the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association and to the resolution of certain disputes concerning claims made to that association;

SB 12/HB400 – Relating to the flexibility of the Board of Trustees of a school district in the management and operation of public schools in the district and the flexibility for public schools to administer primary and secondary education efficiently;

HB 1937 – Relating to prosecution and punishment for the offense of official oppression by the intrusive touching of persons seeking access to public buildings and transportation; and

Call senators in Texas to not coward in front of those SOBs in Washington and Dewhurst, that ex-CIA maggot.

Come on people, you can do it, call Obama's war threats (beacuse that's what an air blockade is) bluff!..

And if it ain't a bluff, LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN.

Somehow the post was cut short?
edit on 31-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So where in your post is any discussion or evidence of your title?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Right here.

HB 1937 – Relating to prosecution and punishment for the offense of official oppression by the intrusive touching of persons seeking access to public buildings and transportation; and

Lets hope it passes.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Somehow the original post is cut short? Probably an ATS bug.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
TSA can threaten all they want. They operate under contract anyway. Time for the airports to opt out of the TSA service. I believe TSA still sets the rules that are to be carried out by an "approved" private contractor.

www.tsa.gov...

Any, the bullying and the threats made by the TSA must stop. OPT OUT!!
edit on 31-5-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Not sure if I should consider this a doh moment being that they didn't pass the Education Bill, or a YAH! moment yet. Will find out as the session continues.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It seems it wasn't even introduced.

They are doing another session tomorrow I think.

The legislative session ends officially Friday... so they have till then.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
hmm...may this lead to the formation of the Free Republic of Texas? I'm moving!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Apparently, the special sessions could last as long as 30 days.

So 29 days to go.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't hold my breath. Perry is too busy paying back favors to campaign donors, in this case the heiress to Wal Mart

Legislation Making Airboats Illegal On Brazos awating Perry's OK

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
HB41 Placed on General State Calendar 06/24/2011

The bill has been placed on the calendar... June 24. This friday.

Call representatives in Texas, especially SENATORS...

Senators contact info

LET GET THIS BILL PASSED...

And if Obama tries to enforce a no fly zone over Texas, LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN.
edit on 21-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
They are supposed to debate the bill today... and maybe vote on it today, but I'm not sure.

Hopefully it passes.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Update :
Texas Speaker of the House Joe Straus Obstructs The People's Governmental Process

"HB 41 was set to be heard today on the floor of the House in Texas. You may recall HB 41 was HB 1937 in the regular Session. This was the anti TSA Groping bill which was to prevent the TSA from touching the genitals and other private areas of prospective air travelers. It was re introduced into the Special Session by Rick Perry the Governor on Monday after being cornered and his lies exposed on Youtube and SH as well. So the Speaker of the House dismissed the Session this morning after 9 minutes before anyone could bring any bills to the floor. He went on to say that he thought the bill was nothing more than a publicity stunt. What he did in effect was prevent the people's voice from being heard and all but end it being brought up by the end of the Session on Wednesday. I am appalled at the lack of leadership in both him and Rick Perry as it was them who sought to kill this bill along with the goons of the Federal Government. If you want to call these miserable little minions out for what they are here's some links"

Well well well...

top topics

join