It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basis of War on Terror expands; (More?) Global war ensues?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
empirestrikesblack.com...

I'm surprised there is no thread on this.

Very concerning... when will the killing end?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Not going to happen.

The Afghan theatre concludes sometime 2014 and Iraq should be drawn down by the end of this year with no future conflicts or theatres on the radar anytime soon.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Really? How about the unlawful entrance to Libya, strained relations with Pakistan, or the "nuclear" threat of Iran? From the presidents set by bush and obama I do not see how you can justify thinking were guna pull outa the middle east and be done with it...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

What unlawful entry into Libya?
I'm strongly opposed to war and I hope we get out of this mess soon too, but I learned also to tread carefully. Under GW Bush (whom I despise) I protested the war on terror and the invasion in Iraq, but once it was too late and words became action I knew it wasn't something we could ever just up and decide to stop even under a different president. You cannot just wreak havok upon people and then leave things a mess and say oops sorry. This is how failed states are created and it just leaves too many weak and defenseless against predatory humans.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
so my question is:

when is the mass populace gonna declare war
on the Patriot Act and those who enacted it
and enforced this illegal piece of trash ???

had enough yet ???

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You serious? The president declared war on libya a while ago, and congress has yet to approve it. We have been bombing the # out of them and will soon deploy grounds troops. A humanitarian effort.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
it is not a war on terror.

it is a war of conquest for corporate
profits and establishment of banking
cartels.

Bin Laden was the patsy from
the start.

This all started on 9/11

kind makes you re-think 9/11
and just who was responsible.

One day I hope the real truth
comes out and I hope those
responsible gets the same
choice they gave those
people in the towers.

Burn or jump

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Very serious, when did we declare war on Libya?
2nd

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The attacks began Mid March. I'm not sure if it's authentically "declaring war" because Obama still does not have congressional approval, but we have been killing people there since then.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

It's a pretty clear difference. Right now we are supporting a UN mission in Libya and this has nothing to do with the war on terror. We're in a dicey situation in the middle east, one that started a long time ago. Some people think that it is a simple matter of President Obama just waving a wand and saying we're sorry America screwed up things so badly in the past and withdrawing all troops. I would love for this to be the answer but it isn't. I think a path has been set up to get us out of the whole area within 4 years, I just pray that it is so. Sixty years ago wasn't soon enough.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Semantically yes, but war is war is war, and killing is killing is killing. We have been in the middle east for a 10 year streak now, and many more years previously. Watching the mainstream news I speculate, from observed "propaganda", there will be military action taken by the US in Pakistan and Iran soon.

If I am correct in my speculation that the US government intends to keep us "enslaved" and our quality of life low, perpetual war would be a key factor in achieving this. You are correct in stating it is "not so easy as to pull all the troops out" of the middle east, but a proper, non forceful or intrusive, foreign policy would have caused there to be no reason to even be there! The current reasons for occupying the countries we do are weak at best.

I also wish I could believe there is an exit strategy, but the trends I identify by our government and military show no existence of such a thing. the only pattern I see is expansion in our combat in the middle east, not retraction.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

Really? How about the unlawful entrance to Libya, strained relations with Pakistan, or the "nuclear" threat of Iran? From the presidents set by bush and obama I do not see how you can justify thinking were guna pull outa the middle east and be done with it...

The Libyan Rebel Group called The US State Department back in like February for help and when we recieve a call from an oppressed people we are to answer it, pledge support and aide and do not ignore it. This is what got us involved. When a people are starving for democracy and freedom it goes against everything we stand for to sit idly by and watch innocents get slaughtered.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

The Libyan Rebel Group called The US State Department back in like February for help and when we recieve a call from an oppressed people we are to answer it, pledge support and aide and do not ignore it. This is what got us involved. When a people are starving for democracy and freedom it goes against everything we stand for to sit idly by and watch innocents get slaughtered.

Are you serious?

Where was this US support for Freedom and Democracy in Egypt? Whrn will the Marines be landing in Bahrain and handing the royal family their arses on a plate for the brutality meted out to the people?

Sorry, the US has a decades long history of installing and propping up brutal dictatorships for it's own corporate and banking greed.

edit on 1-6-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

LOL someone watches too much TV.

The fact is that our attacks have killed more civilians in this conflict than Gaddafi has. Not to mention that your point is moot due to how many other humanitarian efforts that were much more dire and much less controversial we have passed up (African tribal genocide to mention one of the largest).

In reality the rebellion started January, and it wasn't until the Egyptian revolt, making the current admin look like asses, did we respond to Libya.
edit on 1-6-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

The Egyptian people never contacted us as the military there turned against the Government and refused flat out to cull down protesters and worked to guard and defend the protesters so that they could protest. Hence why we were not needed.

edit on 3-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Got nothing to do with our public image but the fact that Ghadaffi killed more of his own people in the last 3 months then we have throughout the entire 30 day involvement there. We did not target civilian areas as we have been in constant cordination with the Rebel group to prevent collateral damage. Something else may occur before the end of the summer so just wait.
edit on 3-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join