It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Delhi superbug surfaces in Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Thanks much India...

Delhi superbug surfaces in Canada

New Delhi, May 30: Canadian doctors announced today that multi-drug resistant bacteria, widely believed to have originated in India and detected previously in Canada only in three patients with a travel history to India, have now been locally acquired.

The doctors have isolated the bacteria from an 86-year-old man who has not travelled outside Ontario for at least the past 10 years and has had no obvious contact with anyone with a history of travel to India.

The bacteria possess the New Delhi metallo beta lactamase gene that makes them resistant to most known antibiotics. Medical studies suggest that NDM-1 has circulated in India since 2006 and patients visiting India have carried the bacteria to other countries.

Maybe if the Indian government started investing in their population and built toilets there wouldn't be superbugs there? Or at least less of them?

Filthy India pics

Please India, clean yourself up... for your own sake and everyone's else.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Oh god... good thing i live in VT

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Maybe it is the drug companies, India can always produce generic drugs, but Canada can't, so Canada has no choice but to accept patented drugs with absolutely no competition. The price of this new drug will be high, and the profits will be anti-gravitational.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I wonder if they have tried wallaby milk? I saw something on the discovery channel a couple years ago saying it was about 100 times more potent then penicillin.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
In the world we now live in, this is going to be a common theme. Anything that effects one part of the world is going to spread to the others. The likelyhood of a massive virus killing us all off are very high. As good as the scientists we have are, with all the drugs they give us, a big virus will kill thousands before they even realize it.

We need to stop combating ill health the way we are. We stop the headache or whatever our current problem is, but we not only damage our immune system, but we will begin to evolve with a reduced immune system as well. In 2-4 generations, who knows if the common man will be able to handle the common cold.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
After visiting your link, I am shocked and surprised that there are actually people still alive in India. How on earth can civilized people live that way? Bathing and teeth-brushing in the Ganges while feces and rotting corpses float by and not even bat an eyelash?? Good Gawd!! Are they that uneducated? Do they truly believe that this is a harmless practice? I have never seen anything so unbelievably nauseating. A perfect laboratory for mutating bacteria!!

edit on 31-5-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join