It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our Moon and Mars a demon containment cell?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by Chipkin9

Nice avatar. Great girls, terrible beer. Spaten is the worst beer in Munich.

Back onto topic. The problem with the human brain is that it see partly constructed patterns and tends to fill in the spaces to produce familiar images. I think that is what we are seeing here.

Thx. I agree about the girls, that's why I use it

I haven't tasted Spaten so I can't agree on that one...But if it makes the uglies look hot, then why not?

Yes I think it's called Paradolia (Where our brains percieve patterns and faces in things). But I still like the OPs theory.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Good theory. Although I do not subscribe to believing in demons, I suppose anything is possible. Although could you imagine outerspace a playground for our souls, both positive souls and negative ones alike. Maybe thats what gas giants are for. I feel that everything serves a purpose and to me space bodies seem to hold a purpose not yet acknowledged. Star for ya

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

It is so long since I read about it, but I think you are right.

Actually the Spaten tend at the Oktober Fest is the best tent to be in. It tends to attract the really hot women for some reason.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

It is so long since I read about it, but I think you are right.

Actually the Spaten tend at the Oktober Fest is the best tent to be in. It tends to attract the really hot women for some reason.

Is that the Spaten working then?

I'd love to go to Germany for one of those Beer festivals...We Irish love to drink

But i'd be afraid that i'd never come home again.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Some great Irish pubs in Munich. The Molly Malone serves a half decent pint of the black stuff too.
Won't find that on Mars I am afraid. Not even a grainy photo.

The above line was to keep it on topic.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Some great Irish pubs in Munich. The Molly Malone serves a half decent pint of the black stuff too.
Won't find that on Mars I am afraid. Not even a grainy photo.

The above line was to keep it on topic.

"Won't find that on Mars I am afraid. Not even a grainy photo.

The above line was to keep it on topic"

PMSL

I was just about to write we'll need to switch back to the topic before the "Off Topic" Hammer comes down.

So anyway I guess you're correct. You wouldn't see Homer simpson drooling over a Guinness on the moon either.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I guess "demons" are really, really, big (like the size of a mountain)
and have poorly defined features that make them look related to
the Pillsbury Doughboy.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Actually, back on Topic. This reminds me of an old Doctor Who Episode called "The Pyramids of Mars". It was a great story line and fits in well with the demon/alien presence on Mars.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Actually, back on Topic. This reminds me of an old Doctor Who Episode called "The Pyramids of Mars". It was a great story line and fits in well with the demon/alien presence on Mars.

Sutek was an Osirian not a "demon"...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Version100

I know, but the theme of the episode was loosely connected with this thread. I was making a simple connection. Not literal. However, I bow to your greater memory. :-))

Plus, I thought the robots were cool.
edit on 31/5/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
As someone stated earlier it's our brain playing tricks on us. If you see an unfamiliar pattern your brain is trying to make "sense" of it thus comparing it to known pattern. Look at the clouds in the sky, dirt spots on the wall and so on. If your brain doesn't recognize a pattern it goes for the second best and makes you believe you see something that you actually know.

That is a normal process. What you actually believe to "see" depends on your personality, your education and some say on your mental condition. The latter theory is the basis for the controversial rorschach test.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Going slightly off course, the TARDIS materialises inside a Victorian gothic mansion which formerly stood on the site where U.N.I.T.'s headquarters exists during the time of the Fourth Doctor. The Doctor and Sarah quickly become aware that something is very wrong: the owner is missing and the estate has come under the control of a mysterious Egyptian. Cloth-wrapped mummies rise up and roam the grounds, killing anyone in their path.

A dangerous alien power is at work, and the Doctor recognizes the mastermind of all this as Sutekh the Destroyer, the last of the Osirians. The Doctor must stop the ruthless Sutekh at all costs, or there may not be a future for them to return to.

The above text is from an external source. Sorry Mods, I did not know how to display it as such. Could you please modify?
edit on 31/5/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Request to Mods

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Interesting, i too thought of a doctor who episode, but i was thinking more of "the impossible planet". Where satan himself was caged inside a planet hovering a black hole.

The Doctor and Rose arrive in a very odd place, where even the TARDIS can’t translate certain writings they find; something the Doctor has never seen happen before. They find a crew of humans, working in a planetary outpost, who tell them they are investigating the mysterious planet’s ability to remain in orbit around a Black Hole. Something that is quite impossible! They find the human crew is attempting to learn the source of the ultimate power that keeps this planet out of reach of the forces of a Black Hole, which is drawing in surrounding solar systems. The power source of the planet appears to be located at the planet’s center, under miles of hard rock. But, then after one of many reoccurring earthquakes destroys the section of the base the TARDIS materialized in, the Doctor and Rose must accept that they may have no means of escape, or return to any other time or space. And even worse, an evil force, and not technology, might be behind the planet’s unexplainable power to orbit the Black Hole.

Part 2 - The Doctor and one of the Earth crewman become stranded deep under the planet, near an even deeper strange chasm. The Doctor decides to make a leap of faith, while depending on Rose, still with the rest of the crew trying to leave the mysterious planet, will do the right thing. Only if they both succeed in what they need to do, will they all survive the evil intentions of the creature that may be the real Satan, whom is intent on reclaiming his throne on Earth.

Anyway, that picture of the face on the moon looks more like a fat lady eating a wiener than a demon to me.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
some ancient mystery schools believe that the moon is where we go for purgatory - 3 days we are stripped of our sins by "demons' who tear at our flesh but are actually stripping us of our base desires and sins, purifying our souls. then Lucifer shows up with the torch and illuminates our way to the next world. the planets have duality - they are physical and spiritual.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

I see patterns on the fence boards in my backyard that look like demon faces!! One of them even looks like the Grinch who Stole Christmas. Does this mean demons are real and living in my backyard?

However, for the sake of those who wish to view this on there own through Google Earth's Mars viewer, you can do so at the following coordinants:

11°40'0.21"S, 74°45'9.71"W

View from the south. Looks like a natrual formation from a land slide.
edit on 5/31/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I wonder how many dozens of hours the OP spent staring at the moon to find the chipmunk face.
notice how he disappeared

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

I'll go with it, after all this is why we love ATS.

The word Moon is derived from Mone. Add "de" before "mone" and you have "demone".

"Demone" means the "devil" or "demon" in Italian.

Mysteriously "de" separately means "down to the bottom, totally". So putting "de" and "mone" together, we have "down to the bottom of moon".

Underworld rulers are usually said to be demons..

Coincidence

edit on 31-5-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
First thing that came to mind.

Carry on.

edit on 31-5-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
The word Moon is derived from Mone. Add "de" before "mone" and you have "demone".

Mona, mone originate from the Proto-Indo-European "*mē-² " which means to measure
and has nothing to do with demons.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by genma
I know this sounds far fetched but with the recent surfacing of the pic showing a demon face outlined on Mars' surface I'm starting to see a connection. Demonology and its folklore is often associated to heavenly bodies and superstition with their alignment. Even modern fiction which we take for granted touches on the subject. Take for example the video games "Doom" and "Final Fantasy IV" - both entail demons on Mars and our Moon respectively. Classic forms of literature and Greek mythology also tie it together. I think this rabbit hole goes much deeper than you or I know.

Demon face on Earth's moon:

Demon face on Mars:

SadFace emoticon

The moon is where god imprisons and tortures sad emoticons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join