Deformity

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Has anyone notice that every person that has been worshiped has been Deformed or some other unique characteristic about them.I mean Jesus was young and healthy right? So why was he short,bald,hunched over,and ugly.(Just one example).




posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What story says he was bald and short etc?

Im not trying to be rude, by the way, Ive never actually heard of it?



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Since when was Jesus a hunchback?



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What dark age are you coming from ,look at who is worshipped today.The Beebler ? Then again, maybe your right.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What do religious people have to say about deformities in the first place?

Since God apparently would never make someone gay because that would make god imperfect and it invalidates their Bible...

Does God make people handicapped? Does he make them retarded? Does he make them born with genetic diseases? Or is that person's choice to be retarded like it's their choice to be gay?



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Apples and oranges. You can't choose to be not mentally handicapped, but you can choose whether or not to stick your penis into another man.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiesC4
Has anyone notice that every person that has been worshiped has been Deformed or some other unique characteristic about them.I mean Jesus was young and healthy right? So why was he short,bald,hunched over,and ugly.(Just one example).


Oh you mean the 'physician heal thy self' quote yeah? Well I can't remember who 'jesus' was supposed to have said it to but it was in reference to his appearance wasn't it.

So what other worshipped 'deformed' people are you refering to also? It's late and I can't think of any...



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I can't remember where I read this description of Jesus. I tried to find it..no luck. It said Jesus was "comely" in the face and had "black hair partitioned in the middle" and "came below his ears". I would say that meant just below his ears. He had an "aquiline nose" and "prominent bones arose on his face." I would say that meant high cheek bones.
That about decribes the face on the Shroud too.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiesC4
 


Like everyone else, I have no idea what you are talking about. I have never heard of any story in which Jesus was described the way you describe him.

Care to enlighten us?



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
What dark age are you coming from ,look at who is worshipped today.The Beebler ? Then again, maybe your right.


Please tell me you said beebler...

Because I'ma steal that word!!!


Love the topic, ugly hunchback jesus will save your soul... for a potato.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ellieN
 

The OP is DEFINITELY quoting a supposed real account of Jesus' appearance. I have read this too, but unfortunately I can't find the incident either. It was a Roman's account of meeting him and watching him preach. He didn't say "comely" though, he said a word that is analogous with "reasonably attractive." I am going to go off and search this right now, the search I used when I found it was "real accounts of Jesus' appearance."


Ah I found the link:
www.thenazareneway.com...

And it does say "comely"
edit on 30-5-2011 by rogoeiefar because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have not heard of Jesus having any deformity either...this is a new one to me and I am curious where this story came from. I did find this though and it gives a pretty good description of what Jesus may (who really knows) have looked like.

What did Jesus look like?
(Press "skip ad"...top right corner)
edit on 30-5-2011 by jerryznv because: ...



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogoeiefar
reply to post by ellieN
 

The OP is DEFINITELY quoting a supposed real account of Jesus' appearance. I have read this too, but unfortunately I can't find the incident either. It was a Roman's account of meeting him and watching him preach. He didn't say "comely" though, he said a word that is analogous with "reasonably attractive." I am going to go off and search this right now, the search I used when I found it was "real accounts of Jesus' appearance."


Ah I found the link:
www.thenazareneway.com...

And it does say "comely"
edit on 30-5-2011 by rogoeiefar because: (no reason given)


I also have heard this before but disregarded it as some hearsay tale. That was some years back. Until today, I had not thought of it again. I wish the Op had posted a link or given a little more info on it.



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf
 


It's all yours ,even comes with a free poster for your bedroom/altar
edit on 31-5-2011 by 12voltz because: of the nausea






top topics



 
0

log in

join