It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro didn't fare to well in Joplin!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

You see it!

Now, count the amount of people that see it and compare them to the amount that don´t. Scary huh?

There's "Christians" in this thread supporting people getting beat up. Like, America, can you get more backwards and stupid?

By the way. I have never identified myself as a Christian. I believe in God, I pray faithfully, I believe in Jesus, I am a Mason and a Shriner, but I do not believe Jesus is the "only" way to reach God, and therefore I will never call myself a Christian.

I am also not a fan of "turning the other cheek." As a matter of fact, I'm not a very big fan of letting the first cheek take a slap. I tend to posture myself in such a way that nobody would dare cross me, and those that would dare, are obviously looking to get a beating, and I am happy to oblige. So, do not blame all the "Christians" here for calling for violence against WBC. Blame the people individually. Blame me. I am happy to take the blame.

If I had lost a son in a tornado, and somebody came to me and told me he was going to rot in hell because some Congressman 2000 miles away allowed gays in the military, I would first think he was off his rocker and I would ignore him. If he became persistent and provocative, I might just send him to hell to see for himself!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
As a huge fan of people taking justice into their own hands, I say this: Godspeed, brothers! These nutjobs are basically spitting in the face of the people of Joplin, MO just as they've spit in the faces of so many other grieving people.

There has to be a line when it comes to Freedom of Speech. It puzzles me about America that people expect to be able to say ANYTHING without accepting any consequences. I'm not calling on the thought-police, I just think they should have their asses kicked, maybe have their kids taken away. Seize their assets, see to it that their entire little empire is destroyed.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

There is only one line when it comes to free speech, that you can't do things like yelling fire in a theatre and causing a stampede. Everything else goes. Is it advisable to go to the bronx, or harlem, with "I hate black people, go back to africa" signs? Of course not, probably won't end well.

And to anyone that thinks it's fine and dandy to assault another person for freedom of speech, probably won't go to well for you if the person presses charges and then sues. That is how they get a lot of their bankroll by the way, sueing people that do assault them or their rights.

These guys are real jerks, but that is their right.
edit on Mon, 30 May 2011 19:37:36 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If only someone had a cropduster filled with liquid poo......

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You know it just hit me what these people are. They are trolls! And what do trolls do best? Rile up nerves, stick there tongues out and come out the better man or woman (or creature).

And ya know what? They've done a good job about it.

Remember folks, don't feed the trolls.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I just dont know what to say, hopefully noone got hurt except those who went into cause trouble.

You know it is so cowardly for them to bring their children to these 'rallys'.

Joplin is strong and even during their most vulnerable time have shown that they will not tollerate WBC and their shennanigans.

Good for Joplin.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I love all the comments from people who are saying dont feed the trolls, or they have a right to say what they wanna say and noone should interfere...

You see I decided a while back that when i try to get the view point of something that effects other people im gonna imagine myself in their shoes..It makes things a lot easier that way if you truly imagine yourself in that persons place.

Dont sit here and tell me if you were burying your mother or child due to these tornadoes and they showed up talking that crap you wouldn't do or say nothing.

Forget that turn the other cheek crap sometimes a good ole country ass whipping needs to be dished out and sometimes you gotta bypass being civilized to put evil in its place.
edit on 30-5-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm sorry but you are advocating a clamp-down on the rights of citizens to express their opinions, no matter how offensive they may be.

I used to be part of the crowd that wanted to stone the WBC. However, they are best ignored because they SEEK attention and people GAVE them what THEY wanted!

I find it funny that a Ron Paul supporter thinks that he can decide what is and what is not free speech.

That's the exact opposite of LIBERTY!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Banning them and advocating violence against them sets a dangerous precedence.

What's next? Anti-war protesters getting attacked by pro-war protesters?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Originally posted by The Sword

Funny and you can say with 100% certainty and honesty that if your mother or kid or someone you dearly loved just passed away, and Im somewhere in the cemetery which is my right during the burial holding a sign and bullhorn saying glad they died they were pieces of crap $%#$ trash and they are rotting in hell you would not say or do anything to me? You would ignore me? Im calling BS on that.

Sorry bro not buying that. 99% of people who are saying ignore them would flip out if they themselves were really in that situation.
Its easy close your eyes and place yourself in that situation and be honest with yourself.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
I love all the comments from people who are saying dont feed the trolls, or they have a right to say what they wanna say and noone should interfere...

You see I decided a while back that when i try to get the view point of something that effects other people im gonna imagine myself in their shoes..It makes things a lot easier that way if you truly imagine yourself in that persons place.

Dont sit here and tell me if you were burying your mother or child due to these tornadoes and they showed up talking that crap you wouldn't do or say nothing.

Forget that turn the other cheek crap sometimes a good ole country ass whipping needs to be dished out and sometimes you gotta bypass being civilized to put evil in its place.

edit on 31-5-2011 by daydoesez because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I am sitting here saying that i would ignore them if it were my funeral or my loved ones funeral.

I live outside of US, not religious but spritual, and to me the WBC sound like mentalists.
But so do all the 'Kick their asses' advocates.

Just wandering why, if there are Christians all over the world, have a disease like the WBC popped up in the US?

Now i realise the irony of saying ignore them and then participating in this whole thread about them, however, don't see it as' turn the other cheek' just see it as ' you are nothing/nobodies and don't even register on my radar'.

Seriously, if the only way they fund themselves is through suing people, then everyone stop attacking them in any way. Bankrupt the freaks

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Two different animals altogether, while the Anti War group will not violently engage the Pro War movement as WBC hates everyone who don't fit their mold and remind us when free speech gets pushed over the edge. At least the Anti War group won't sit there and accuse the Pro War group of everything under the sun and say that they are babykillers and are terrorists. The WBC group is a group full of nothing but hate.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If I had lost a son in a tornado, and somebody came to me and told me he was going to rot in hell because some Congressman 2000 miles away allowed gays in the military, I would first think he was off his rocker and I would ignore him. If he became persistent and provocative, I might just send him to hell to see for himself!

And you are who again to send people to hell?

The point is to ignore them when they become persistent and provocative, what else is the point of ignoring someone? Why let some people off their rockers throw you off balance? These are people who believe in fairy tales, is a punch even needed? To me it's like hitting children really...both are immature in their thinking, but that doesn't deserve a beating or worse yet as you imply, murder.

Violence, begets violence, begets violence.

It's simple really. Ignore them.

This website gets what, 25 million hits a month? Now there's a topic about the WBC and nearly 25 million across the globe will read about them. Think about it...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

At least the Anti War group won't sit there and accuse the Pro War group of everything under the sun and say that they are babykillers and are terrorists.

And what if the Anti War group starts saying these things, do you advocate for beating them into hospitals as well? I'm disturbed by the shill-like behavior I'm seeing in this thread...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Still, I don't see the justification for violence against others.

If anything, as someone suggest, the WBC sounds more like a psyops front group with their actions.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I have said repeatedly that I do not want to see a clamp down on their rights. I do not want the government deciding anything. I am just a fan of natural consequences, and I want to see some people give this group some country justice!

Personally, I don't think the police should show up at all, but if someone does get arrested for accosting or assaulting this group, then I think it was probably still worth it.

To clarify, I absolutely do not want to see their rights infringed by the federal govt. However, I would enjoy seeing them infringed by bikers, truckers, and grieving families!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
And to anyone that thinks it's fine and dandy to assault another person for freedom of speech, probably won't go to well for you if the person presses charges and then sues. That is how they get a lot of their bankroll by the way, sueing people that do assault them or their rights.

That is their Modus Operendi. I say go ahead. Sue HA members. See what happens.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I have said repeatedly that I do not want to see a clamp down on their rights.

Never, but neither should there be any "clamp down" on those who choose to defend themselves against any psychological and/or emotional abuse inflicted upon them, or their families by the WBC.

Assault should not only be limited to "physical"

WBC should not expect people to sit by quietly and take this crap, nor should anyone else.

The problem is, WBC wants to invoke violence... It is exactly the response they are seeking wherever they go.

It seems they will not stop until people start getting killed.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by TKDRL

That is their Modus Operendi. I say go ahead. Sue HA members. See what happens.

Thats why there are hit man,

or you just get someone with no money, car, house, kids ect..
to take care of it....
You know what a mercenary is??

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join