It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous Doctored Photographs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i never knew half of them, but good post

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Great find. There are a lot of pictures in there that i have never seen or had seen but had no idea they had been doctored. I had no idea they could manipulate photos like that before Photoshop came out. Haha.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The account of the alteration to the famous Kent State University shooting photo is incomplete, as more than a fencepost was removed. The original image was sanitized by the removal of the river of blood exiting poor Jeffrey Miller's head to pool in the gutter behind his body.
This was possibly the nastiest domestic incident connected with demonstrations against the Vietnam War, & the American press did not have the integrity or the cojones to show it to the American people in all its horror.

Please excuse the mini-rant; I did enjoy seeing the alterations done to the other pics. I wasn't aware that the famous pic of Abraham Lincoln that we all grew up with was a fake, which I find funny in a twisted way, & somehow not very surprising, now that I know.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
How bout the Times cover regarding the Bosnian "death camps" depicting a single skinny man standing behind barbed wire and chicken fencing with the nails on the "prisoners'" side that swayed Western public opinion:

Here is the explanation of the doctoring:

edit on 30-5-2011 by astronomine because: added more description of the image

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

A large percentage of those pictures are KNOWN amateur internet hoax pics not ones released by the media. I'm surprised or rather shouldn't be surprised that some actually believe they were meant to be taken seriously.

Example: the OBL and 9/11 tower pic with the plane etc they have been known fakes for years.

I think whoever collected those images may not have known they were known fakes.

Or [TINFOIL hat is getting tight]

They could have just included them as some sort of filler or maybe they have an agenda.

edit on 30-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There are many photos that have been doctored over many years; the Russians were the best at it in WW2!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Just wondering if you had any examples? Care to describe any interesting ones? i know the Russians can be pretty underhanded, but i think the US takes the cake.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Interesting stuff here. But I must admit Im just trying to rack up some posts in order to start a couple new threads. Bogus rule.

Sorry, but any way very interesting stuff

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003
reply to post by bluemirage5

Just wondering if you had any examples? Care to describe any interesting ones? i know the Russians can be pretty underhanded, but i think the US takes the cake.

Check out en.wikipedia.org...

The first photo of that page is a classic example.

Regards

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
Thanks for posting these.

There has to be laws in place that hold them accountable for this kind of fraud...correct?

With digital images being so easily changed nowadays, it worries what can be out there ,that people would believe is real.

Thats why people need to ask more questions, and expose those who stoop to such levels, for whatever reasons they do it.

Is that fake photo of Bin Laden the one that Al Quida believed in order to confirm his death?
Is the other one with them holding the paper fake too?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone

Originally posted by gabby2011
Thanks for posting these.

There has to be laws in place that hold them accountable for this kind of fraud...correct?

With digital images being so easily changed nowadays, it worries what can be out there ,that people would believe is real.

Thats why people need to ask more questions, and expose those who stoop to such levels, for whatever reasons they do it.

Is that fake photo of Bin Laden the one that Al Quida believed in order to confirm his death?
Is the other one with them holding the paper fake too?

I think you may have hit the wrong post for quote...I'm assuming you are asking the OP those questions,and not I.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Very interesting!

Those FOX News images were the most interesting to me. So they were criticized by the writers of the NYT and in response they literally put up pictures of them that were digitally enhanced to make them look ugly? Wow.

I mean, that is pretty blatant, unless it was an April fool's joke or something. The photoshop jobs aren't even very good on those pics.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Some other famous doctored images; Tesla released these PR pics of himself with his Tesla coil, made with multiple exposures as he wasn't present when the sparks were flying and to beef up the size of the electrical arcs.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b9cb5d678e2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Wow great pic! I wouldnt have thought that Tesla need to enhance those images. He has some amazing devices that are truely ahead of their time...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join