It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams From The Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
For as long as I can remember, I've been having deja vu at least once a week.

Most of what I "remember" while I'm having this deja vu, I know came from a dream I had at one point in my life.

A few examples:

Back in 9th grade, I had a dream that I was sitting in my computer science class, and two of my teachers were standing near me discussing how difficult it was to get in and get their paychecks on Friday (or something similar). The conversation ended with the sentance "It's like WWF."

Now, the next day, I'm sitting in computer science, and my teachers begin discussing that very subject. I even spoke the words "It's like WWF" right as one of my teachers spoke it.... It scared the crap out of him.

Most of my dreams don't happen the night before though. Some things happen that I remember dreaming about some 15 years ago....

The most recent example I can think of was three days ago. We just bought a futon, and I remember dreaming about how indecipherable the instructions were....

Nothing I dream of is ever of any real importance, and I don't remember my dreams until they happen.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Why can't I fortell anything important, or remember it before hand?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
i've had a dream like this at least once. the most scary was when i dreamed one night i was being mugged by a group of people, and the next day i was mugged by a group of people. (oddly, the people in my dream were dressed like amish people... needless to say, the people i was mugged by were not amish.) weird, weird stuff.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It's odd you mention this. I don't think I've ever told anyone before, but on numerous occasions I have had a similar experience.

Some event takes place, usually something trivial, and it will trigger a quick mental flash telling me this has happened before. The main difference between our experiences is that I often can't be sure if the flash is from a dream I once had or is a memory of something that actually happened.

It sometimes disturbs me when it happens because I think that if it's a memory of an actual event, then why can't I remember the event more clearly, instead of having just a sudden flash? But then if it's not a memory of an actual event, then it's likely a memory from a dream, and that would imply something paranormal.

I don't really understand it, but it definitely takes place.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I used to get "deja vu" feelings a lot, but I haven't had one recently. Mostly, I used to feel that I have gone through the moment before, but I don't really remember to have dreamt it, rather experienced it in real. However, whenever it happens to me, I can't really tell the future in very details. It confuses your mind when it occurs, very weird!

Some say that you get deja vu feelings because you have already lived it in past-life. I don't know if that's true!

An article worth reading about three types of deja vu feelings here.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I would say that in most cases, I can be 90 percent sure that I've dreamed whatever situation is occurring.

Another thing that I remember doing after I woke up from one of these dreams (one that I actually remembered right after waking up) is moving to joining the army, and moving Canada afterwards.

I was on the computer, telling my father about how I dreamt that I'd become a tanker in the US army, but then I got out before I was supposed to be done and moved to Canada with some girl.

I remember him saying "Pfft, you'd never join the army, and you're never going to Canada."

Well, I've done both of those things. And I had dreamed this about 8 years ago.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Sounds a bit like a self fulfilling prophecy, who knows.

I can't say as I remember having dreams which have come to fruition, thankfully, as one dream I remember quite vivdly, is being shot in my left shoulder by a gun man outside a large cylindrical shaped building, which I believe to be a conference centre about a mile from where I live. Needless to say, I have never stood in the position where I was shot in the dream, I don't want to tempt fate.

Not quite on subject but related, is what I believed to be a memory, but now put down to being a dream.

The memory was of me standing in a very long queue moving toward the pyramids in Giza. I could see a large queue of people over to my left a few hundred metres away, the queue led back to a river where the people forming the queue were disembarking from boats or ships. I believed it to be a memory as I had been to Egypt in 1988, but I have no actual recollection of these large queues or especially the river (The Nile, i'm guessing) doesn't actually pass that close to the pyramids.

Reincarnation perhaps, or a mixture of dreams and memory, the strange thing for me is how I actually accepted it as a memory until I examined the memory further in detail.

Sorry for moving slightly off subject but thought it may be of interest.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Koka]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Now, the next day, I'm sitting in computer science, and my teachers begin discussing that very subject. I even spoke the words "It's like WWF" right as one of my teachers spoke it.... It scared the crap out of him.

Hey that sounds familiar. I had TV on and I spoke the words "TESTING". And 5-10 seconds later, on TV someone said "TESTING". Scared me a lot.
My theory is:
- brain is connected with space-time continuum so we can receive the future somehow...
- demons know people's thoughts and what they are about to say and play, so then they just play with us, future telling demons are also common.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by Megaquad]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
ive read that feelings of deja vu are actually a mixup within your brain where it backfires and mistakes the present for the past, but this isnt what the first poseter experianced, i would say that was a dream of the future, i get these often. maybe once a week or at least twice or three times a month.

i once had a dream where i was in my business studies class at highschool, and the teacher and my friends/students were all talking about something really really stupid and it made no sense. then i woke up, remembered the dream and just passed it off as a random dream that didnt mean anything. then about a week later i was sitting in that class and everybody was sitting in the same seats as the dream, and i just ignored it as coincidence. then a few minutes later the conversation that i saw in my dream started. and i could match word for word what everybody was saying, in my head. i was too stunned by it that i just sat there staring at nothing for a few minutes until my teacher snapped me out of it, strange.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hey,

My dreams are rampid and its hard to remember all of them. Even if you think you havnt dreamed at all, you have.

You guys are having prophetic dreams. I didint realize I was having them until I started mentioning them and making amental note of dreams that seemed like they could happen. Thats when you get passed DeJa Vu.

It's usually a scenario or soemthing that sparks the feeling but you really are going back to that dream for a split second in memory.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHeggy
Back in 9th grade, I had a dream that I was sitting in my computer science class, and two of my teachers were standing near me discussing how difficult it was to get in and get their paychecks on Friday (or something similar). The conversation ended with the sentance "It's like WWF."

?

I've had this happen numerous times to me as well, i'd get up in the morning, not remembering the dream, but during the day, someone would say something, then i could tell what was going to happen for the next 30 secondds or so, to the letter.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
It's odd you mention this. I don't think I've ever told anyone before, but on numerous occasions I have had a similar experience.

Some event takes place, usually something trivial, and it will trigger a quick mental flash telling me this has happened before. The main difference between our experiences is that I often can't be sure if the flash is from a dream I once had or is a memory of something that actually happened.

It sometimes disturbs me when it happens because I think that if it's a memory of an actual event, then why can't I remember the event more clearly, instead of having just a sudden flash? But then if it's not a memory of an actual event, then it's likely a memory from a dream, and that would imply something paranormal.

I don't really understand it, but it definitely takes place.

This happens to me all the time, and it really freaks me out. It's the same for me, never an important event, just something usually pretty trivial. I know that somewhere...somehow, that exact same event has already happened. I know it did not happen in reality, so it could only have happened in a dream. Sometimes these dreams date back years and years, including people I've never even met before, or of a new house I wasn't renting at the time, etc. I get these flashes in my head and I know I've seen it before.

The really REALLY scary times is when I realize it's happening, right before it actually does happen, and I am left with my moment of choice. I think in my head "oh my God, I know this, I've done this..." I think that if I do it one way I know what will happen, and if I do it a different way I may or may not have a different outcome. For trivial things it's not a big deal, but when an event comes that might actually mean something to a friend or relative, that's when I have problems deciding.

Anyway, it can be frightening, and I don't really know what to make of it.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I have these dreams as well, after the dream, I can't or don't seem to remeber much about it, and there's usually a gap of at least a week to two weeks before the actual event happens, which tends to put me out of sorts for a while as the memory of the dream comes flooding back .

I'm glad that a lot of you are having the same prophetic dreams as I, I can now look at them with a more open mind, and hopefully try to embrace this "gift" I have a bit more....

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It is believed that our body was "designed" to remember both past and the future.

Organ responsible for it, for seeing the future, is the pineal gland. Only as we grow up without using it, in about 2-3 years, it "falls asleep" turning us into "normal" human being.

And this Deja Vus are glimps of our true state of mind. It occurs when our pineal wakes up, looks around, asks if anybody needs it and, hearing silence, falls back asleep.

It can be trained to expand this Deja Vu state of mind longer and longer.

You can try working with cards, place a card on your desk face down and try to "feel" what card it is - red or black.

Also I can look up for certain energetic exercises for training intuition. I've been doing them for 10 days as an experiment and started catching a very interesting state of mind. Somehow similar to Deja Vu, but not Deja Vu. It's like you suddenly, for a split second, fall into another... understanding of the world, or another seeing of the world... that I now remember was in a very long, long gone and forgoten childhood. Some purity of the world... It is hard to describe it with world, but it's a very beautiful state.

Good Luck!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have had precognitive dreams too. I never know that that is what they are until they happen later. The first one was when I was in grade two, and the last one was about a year ago. They are extremely detailed, and are scenes that I later recognize instantly, they are so exact. Some happen days later, some weeks, some months, and one happened around 10 years later.
If I knew they were going to happen, or if they were important events (one was, actually), I would find them more useful. As it is, the only reason for it I can think of is a reminder for me that all is not as it appears, and there is more to life than what we can scientifically prove.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i remeber having a dream when my oldest son was about a year old that had another child walking up to the tv didn't think anything of it till my youngest was about a year and seeing him walk up to the tv and it brought back the dream it was spooky.
not sure if it was de vu but it was very vivid

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Unlike you guys, I do not dream, well I think I do, but I cannot remember a dream enough to say that I've dreamt something and it happened and be sure of it ya kno? but instead I have these little "visions" or "preminitions" with the same effect as yours. Let's say I am staring at a clock right now, and it says 12:00:00, well, for me, I will kinda space out and next thing I know the clock says 12:00:30 or 12:01:00...I really don't know how long these last since I have not had one in a while. But, when I "come back" to reality, I know that I had had a "vision" but, I will not recall what it was about or any details. Then, later on down the road, wether it be weeks or years(has been both), and event will happen(normally everyday things...like one I can remember is a young child drawing on a peice of paper with a crayon drwaing a cartoon like an animal I believe)and when this even happens it's like, "Hey, I've seen that kid do that before." and from the incident with the child, I know that by the position of his head, and just the way he moved, that he actually didn't do that before...it was to exact...if that makes sence. In SOME cases, I can KIND OF tell what is going to happen next, like general ideas, but not exact details...like "He's going to pick up that phone next...but I don't know who he's going to dial". Now, lately(past two weeks or so), I have been able to think something like, "I wonder what that word really means?" (and it would be a word that you don't hear alot like monogamous or validation) or something like "I need a new something(again not somethign that is totaly normall, not an everyday thing)...only to have the definition of the word said to me shortly after(maybe the same day or at most(so far) a week later) I had wondered what it meant, or I get that thing I needed, at a really good time, or just because someone felt like giving it to me....These are not the exact same but have great similarities....

I am a 14 year old female, and have been having "visions" since i was about 8, and well only these "questoins answered" for about 2/3 weeks...I don't know if this answered any of your questions, or just caused more, but if anyone can help me out, as to understand this and hopefully progress at it, then please let me know....also I would like to know how to do lucid dreaming, without all the complicated instructions I've had to read so far to try and do it....

Thank You for reading my long ass experiences....

new topics

top topics

join