It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Memorial Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

May 30, observed in the United States in commemoration of those members of the armed forces killed in war. It is officially observed on the last Monday in May. Also called Decoration Day.

www.answers.com...

I just want to take a few moments and thank those that gave their lives so we could have freedom.

Salute

God Bless them each and every one.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm with you buddy,

I won't forget our fallen! They gave their lives so we could live liberated, and free. It is our duty to honor their sacrifice, and ensure their deaths were not in vain.

I salute with you!

Thanks for reminding us of this important day,
Milt

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A heartfelt thanks to all our vets and much love!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
A happy Memorial Day to you as well, though this is 30 minutes early for me :-P (EST)

As I've said on all my social media outlets:

Take a moment to remember all of the true patriots of our nation who fought for our liberties that we hold so dearly, but also wonder how they might feel about the state of our nation today. There is much we could learn from the patriots of time since past, men and women who held their ideals and desire for liberty above their very own life.

"The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men."
- Samuel Adams
edit on 5/29/2011 by Konah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I just want to take a few moments and thank those that gave their lives so we could have freedom.

I'm with you in spirit...or at least appreciate the nod.

Though, I now find the holiday to indeed be a 'memorial' day, but only in the sense that we should remember the lives lost for a fake ass agenda...

Hopefully the people rise up, if only to set the calendar straight...with that said - thanks to all the served...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Absolutely. Thank you to all the service men and women who have given their lives for this country! While I don't always agree with the reason for going to war, I have nothing but the utmost respect for all of you who put your lives on the line day in, and day out, and those whom have paid the ultimate price. You are the true hero's. Not the celebrities. Not the politicians. Not the bankers. But you, in the military, who truly serve and protect.

Thank you! You will never be forgotten.
edit on 29-5-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Indeed, thanks to those who have sacrificed life and limb, as well as being away from family and loved ones for unknown amounts of time. Many of my family were in the American Civil War, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, other lesser known engagements, and now the current Iraq and Afghanistan theaters. I thank them, and pray for the well being of those who are still on active duty, on a daily basis. I also take time to remember the foreign vets during our American holiday, such as the Anzacs, Canadians, and the British, etc. for their part in "fighting the good fight" alongside our U.S. troops. So thank you to those who have served, are serving, and those who've given their lives so that I and the rest of us can enjoy the freedoms we have left. Thank you very much!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
It' already a bright and sunny day here in Germany. I want to thank all those who have posted their heart-felt appreciation on this somber day.

You folks are awesome!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
A link to a site that has honored the fallen.

www.militarytimes.com...

No politics, no debate. Just remember.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
From a Brit, thanks to all those Americans who sacrificed their lives in both world wars ensuring freedom and democracy in western Europe. The thought of what could have happened had WW2 gone the other way is unimaginable.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
To My Brothers in Arms I lost: "I'll see you again"

To All The Others that gave the ultimate sacrifice: "Thank You and I look forward to meeting you"

To the Author of this Thread: "Thank you so much"

Semper

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow;
I am the softly falling snow.

I am the gentle showers of rain;
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush;
I am in the graceful rush.

Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.

I am the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

- Mary Frye (1932)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
To all those who went before and for all those who are to follow.
Semper fidelis

new topics

top topics

join