It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedes arrested for creating human shield at BASF warehouse to thwart GM potato plantings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
From naturalnews...

Swedes arrested for creating human shield at BASF warehouse to thwart GM potato plantings

A group of brave Swedes recently decided to hold a sit-in at a BASF warehouse in the northern part of the Scandinavian country to protest the planting of illegal, genetically-modified (GM) potato crops. Greenpeace reported that the individuals had been blocking the entrance to the warehouse in order to stop the biotechnology giant from planting its GM potato, Amflora, which was scandalously approved in the EU without any legitimate, independent safety studies -- however, more recent reports indicate that local police eventually intervened and arrested each individual involved.

Well apparently the Swedish government is functioning more and more like it's American counterpart, which is to say that it is nothing more than the security and enforcement arm of fascist corporations hell bent on destroying everything on this planet in the name of profit. This planting of untested gm seed is disgusting and the Swedes who stood up against these monsters should be commended, even though their efforts sadly were ultimately in vain.

The fact that there were only so many protesters that the police could arrest them all speaks to the fact that it is simply a matter of numbers. If thousands or hundreds of thousands would get together, they could put a stop to this bullsh-- rather quickly...this bullsh-- and a lot of other crap like it going on in this world, actually.

edit on 5/29/11 by HenryPatrick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

This is not what I used to expect from northern European countries.

This disease is spreading further and further. Or maybe, I just began to notice it all.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There are countries that we overtly terrorize, like those in the middle east, and then there are the countries that we terrorize covertly, like Sweden as we force them to go along with the NWO under threat of false flag attacking their people. The maniacs pushing for world fascism will stop at nothing, and their endgame is progressing at an unbelievably rapid rate right now.
edit on 5/29/11 by HenryPatrick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Haven't found anything about this in the swedish newspapers websites. Hopefully I can read it tomorrow while going to work. If this is true, I surely hope that someone takes actions against it. Wish I had chosen a different career as a lawyer so I could make a petition and then try to illegilize GM food! Just because it's cheaper to grow, it sure as hell shouldn't be legal! It's an abomination against nature!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by svante

It looks like you may not find it in the Swedish mainstream media, seeing as how the Swedish government is doing its best to emulate the fascist US. The crimes of governments are only tolerated because the majority of citizens are unaware of their nefarious actions. The media is our greatest enemy, and if the media had been covering this over in Sweden, I have no doubt that enough Swedes would have turned out to make a difference.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
But it seriously has become more like the US, the average joe just doesn't care or don't have time to protest like this. It's only when it is about work that you protest and go on a strike but it's hardly anyone than activists that doe any kind of protesting these days. That's why it should be easier it someone made a petition so people could vote from home (and hopefully people would atleast consider voting and reading why) on the internet. That's why we need the newspaper to inform us about this and that they insist that we, in a easy way, vote against GM food!

new topics

top topics

join