It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and Night Vision / Night Mode (Tutorial Needed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I know this sounds ridiculous, but I have heard that in some cases, allegedly, people can see things in the sky (UFOs) with a camera / video camera's night mode or with night vision that they would be able to otherwise.

I have a Sony DVR-DVD105 and it has a night mode. I was wondering if there was anyone on here who has tried using a video camera like this to look for UFOs at night, or just for night time video taping. Please don't call me crazy...because even if I am, I assure you I am highly functional. Queue laughing...

Having an interest in media of all sorts, I would really like to know how to enhance the camcorder so I get the clearest picture at night. All I have learned is that the standard rules apply, that is, find an edge, so it can focus properly. This is the only way it can see even stars, at least from what I have seen it do.

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't really expect this to work, but I thought it would be fun to try out, so don't hate.

Side question: What is "fader?"

Thank you in advance!
edit on 28-5-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

I seem to remember a youtube video last year where the guy was filming during the day and you couldn't see anything in normal mode but when he switched over to night mode you could see little orbs darting around in between the clouds...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Very cool. If your camera can indeed record stars, you have a very valuable tool in that - stars provide a background reference for any 'unusual objects' you might happen to record.

You could perhaps leave it on auto, out a window at night and see if you get lucky.

Or maybe get a copy of the latest UFO newsclipping service and take a little vacation to one of the current sighting hot spots.

CUFOS also keeps an online record of current sightings.

Have fun and good luck!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Gotta learn to be self-sufficient on this site! If you don't have a user's manual you can probably download one. But just try switching it to "Night Mode" and record something in the dark and see what happens!

I've heard these stories, too: That you can see the ships with an Infrared camera. But I don't know if "Night Mode" is true infrared. I kind of doubt it.

I also saw a post or video about using laser pointers to attract the UFO's attention. I don't know how smart it is, but if you want to get a UFO on video bad enough, I guess you have to do whatever it takes!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox

I also saw a post or video about using laser pointers to attract the UFO's attention. I don't know how smart it is, but if you want to get a UFO on video bad enough, I guess you have to do whatever it takes!

Don't even think about doing this. It is illegal because you can possibly blind a pilot and cause a plane to crash.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Please don't encourage people to point laser pointers in the sky, it's potentially dangerous and does not have an effect on "catching" UFOs.

As for infrared cameras, I think most (if not all) digital cameras are capable of viewing it. A filter is used to block out the IR spectrum so we can see the images "normally", you can also make an IR camera conversion by buying a cheap webcam and removing the filter if you're feeling the need for a bit of DIY. I'm no expert on the matter though, I'm sure some other members here can elaborate further.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Yeah, "night vision" on cameras is light amplification and the IR filter is bypassed.

I personally wouldn't tear up a digital camera to remove the IR blocker but I would with a cheapo still camera like that webcam you mentioned. Get some blank exposed film that's large enough to fit over the lense area of the camera you're about to tear up (Xray film works well, too, if you can get ahold of it). Cut out a circle, or a couple of 'em. Open the camera, take out all of the filters, and replace those with your exposed circular film pieces. Now the visible light won't show up as much on your shots but IR and a bit of UV will come through much better.

BTW, most of those anomalous lights/images that show up in your IR photographs are not flying saucers, but actually little bugs and birds in the far distance reflecting IR light. Happy hunting!

top topics

join