It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found Macchu Picchu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ya i know big deal, but i found it just searching google map.

You can't find it just by typing it in on Google map though, you'll end up on some street with the same name...

If anyone is interested in taking a look at Macchu Picchu go to Google map and paste this...

-13.163056,-72.545556

Its quite amazing to see, even from 20,000 feet up.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You should try it on Google Earth with 3D mapping turned on. You can digitally walk around the ruins

edit on 27-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I am not exceptionally bright, so this isn't saying much, but I didn't know it was lost. I will check out the coordinates on GE, as well as check out the ruins virtually as suggested above. Cool find.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You shoul know that the terraced steps of MP lead all the way to the bottom of the mountain?

That in itself is an amazing feat of engineering.

I have found MP just by puttin in its place name.
If you are havin trouble do macchu pichu, peru.

If you want the full MP experience, you need to turn on Panoramio.
These are geotagged pictures, which show from where they were taken on google arth.

For he best experience, walk the trails leading to maachu.
These trails (before the bingham train) were the only way to reach Macchu.

What I like to do, is navigate close to the ground ( while having 3d models and terrain on).
This gives a more reaistic feel to your experience.

I walk my google earth along the trail, until I see a few pictures taken from the same spot.
Remember that many backpackers live a digital lifestyle, so this is one way to interact with them.

I walk google earth up to the spot with the pictures, and I try to align my google earth vie2w,
To exactly what the pnoramio picture looks like.

I get the immersive 3d environment, along wit a high quality picture!
Many times, since panoramio is updated frequently, you can see the mountains as they looked yesterday.

When I use this method, I feel like I am there, and have experienced the sight.
I realize my description is hard to follow, but I have been in the process of getting my method out to the net.

I will have more info on freevirtualtravel.com!
Also, I will have totally free videos and such on freevirtualtravel youtube, twitter, facebook and myspace.

I am unsure if this promotion is against the ToC of ats, but I just wanted
t stress how revolutionary my indepth method is, itslike you can be anywhere in the world.

Enjoy

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I am not exceptionally bright, so this isn't saying much, but I didn't know it was lost. I will check out the coordinates on GE, as well as check out the ruins virtually as suggested above. Cool find.

Well technically it wasn't lost... I just though it was neat trying to find it without cheating.

I know theres several ways to find it, but i knew it was in Peru, and close to the andes mountians... so i wanted to see if i could actually find the city just by searching the area.

it was actually fun

It took a good half hour of searching the area, so im pround of myself... LMAO

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
thanks!, i started to explore the area and found the Nasca lines. Very interesting to see the region as you zoom out and begin to wonder "why????? build there?????"

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
You should try it on Google Earth with 3D mapping turned on. You can digitally walk around the ruins

edit on 27-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

Given the chance, you should try visiting it - stunning.

CJ

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
All you need to do is type "Macchu Picchu, Peru" into google earth/maps and you'll find it quick.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
All you need to do is type "Macchu Picchu, Peru" into google earth/maps and you'll find it quick.

Ya i tried that in Google maps, you get several streets with the same name, not the actual site

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Given the chance, you should try visiting it - stunning.

CJ

Its on my bucket list

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Omg thank you!

I have hunted all over that area for it!

I will have to do what one poster said and use 3D imaging.

I was just looking at trip packages to this area in September and I was surprised at how inexpensive it is to go there. I think I might have to go! I would love to see this place in person. It is amazing!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I was going to go down there this summer; I opted to drive down the baja instead.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That's weird every time I type the name "Machu Picchu" into google earth it takes me straight there.

Maybe its because your spelling it wrong. There is only one "C" in "Machu" try that and it might work.

new topics

top topics

join