It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recording Live games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hey guys does anyone record games from there xbox? i heard there was a way of recording games live to your pc or laptop and then being able to save them or upload to youtube is this true? ifso how do i do it please?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You need some sort of PVR. I don't record my xbox games but I believe the Dazzle is the most popular method.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Dazzle

Probably the cheapest way. Google HD pvr or pvr, they have plenty of tutorials.

^ beat me to it.

edit on 27-5-2011 by inthemass because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thanks guys is it available in the UK aswell?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If you have a ATI card in your pc you can do it this way.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
If you have a ATI card in your pc you can do it this way.

i have a laptop would it work the same way?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Need a PVR or a PC to record from a console

Those would be the best options, or you could use a camera !

Irony

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

No, the reason that adapter would work is you can connect your xbox output to the input of the Video In on the PC's video card and record the gameplay watching it on your PC monitor.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Bugga...is there a way of using 1 without having to connect it to a pc like a external box?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
HD PVR Is amazing, i got one last week. i tested it and its goood.

example of video i made this very week to test it out (720p works best for youtube for some reason):
www.youtube.com...

also this is where i bought it (i am from the UK also):

www.play.com...

i do recommend a HD TV for using it though, makes it soooo much easier to setup and get the proper quality. Not only can it record your xbox, it can also record anything you want in up to 1080i and then put them onto a blu-ray disc!
edit on 27-5-2011 by Detrucci because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by Detrucci because: cant get the links to work

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detrucci
HD PVR Is amazing, i got one last week. i tested it and its goood.

example of video i made this very week to test it out (720p works best for youtube for some reason):
www.youtube.com...

also this is where i bought it (i am from the UK also):

www.play.com...

i do recommend a HD TV for using it though, makes it soooo much easier to setup and get the proper quality. Not only can it record your xbox, it can also record anything you want in up to 1080i and then put them onto a blu-ray disc!

edit on 27-5-2011 by Detrucci because: cant get the links to work

is that the Hauppauge one? or is it cheaper becouse the one i seen on there website earlier was around £150

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
yeah it is the Hauppuage one
it was cheaper when i bought it, they had it on sale at like £139.99.
Might be best to look around other sites just incase.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

i have lol £155 is cheapest ive found
will it work through a laptop? and i read about people moaning it makes the tv screen black wile its turned on why does it do that? and can i play games on tv while its recording?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo

will it work through a laptop? and i read about people moaning it makes the tv screen black wile its turned on why does it do that? and can i play games on tv while its recording?

it should work on a laptop yes, as long as its not a really really bad one. anything modern should be sufficiant.
Also yes you play through the TV, just press "capture" on PC and go back to the TV until your done, simple

it doesnt turn my tv screen black. since your plugging the device(xbox) into the HD PVR then the HD PVR is going to the tv and the pc, but it tends to auto detect the settings. it should be fine, i dont have any problems with it. Sometimes the screen will go off and on for a second if your changing settings a bit, like if your changing your HD setup on your tv etc.

you get an install disc with it too, you install it to your pc/laptop and you get the software you use to capture/record on it. so you dont need to go downloading new programs.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo

it should work on a laptop yes, as long as its not a really really bad one. anything modern should be sufficiant.
Also yes you play through the TV, just press "capture" on PC and go back to the TV until your done, simple

it doesnt turn my tv screen black. since your plugging the device(xbox) into the HD PVR then the HD PVR is going to the tv and the pc, but it tends to auto detect the settings. it should be fine, i dont have any problems with it. Sometimes the screen will go off and on for a second if your changing settings a bit, like if your changing your HD setup on your tv etc.

you get an install disc with it too, you install it to your pc/laptop and you get the software you use to capture/record on it. so you dont need to go downloading new programs.
Ok cool thanks for the help
i subbed ur channel and after i buy a multigym next week ill buy 1 of these
does it auto save to the device or to my laptop? becouse with the ammount of gameplay and blueray movies ill be putting to it i need alot of memory lol

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
no problem, it saves to your laptop. but it only saves once you start recording, you get preview screens etc so u can see what your going to be recording beforehand anyway. you can change the quality to make for bigger files with more quality or less quality and smaller files.
i personally havent tried the whole blu-ray thing as of yet. you can record normal tv also. just anythign thats on your screen haha!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I really want 1 of these kinda buggin me now that i cant buy 1 sooner lol my laptop is blueray so should be able to record blueray movies to it hopefully and i really wanna get alot of my game footage saved to laptop seems like fun

new topics

top topics

join