It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tepco Didn't Fully Disclose Radiation Data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
From today's Japanese Times, or tomorrow depending on where you're located, the Japanese government has stated that the Tepco Power Co. did not fully disclose radiation data from the Fukashima Nuclear facility.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. did not fully disclose radiation monitoring data after its Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant was crippled by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, the government revealed Friday. Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano, after being informed by Goshi Hosono, a special adviser to Prime Minister Naoto Kan, told reporters that he instructed Tepco to sort out the data, make it public and make doubly sure no more information-withholding occurs

I don't think this is breaking news at all. Most of us had a good idea that information would be suppresed to protect either the corporation, or the government. I give credit to the Japanese government though. They are taking this matter very serious.

They even state the possability that there may be more info Tepco has not shared.

"There is a distinct possibility that there is still more," he said, urging Tepco to accurately and swiftly report the truth to the government.

I think it has become quite clear that even though the corporations are gaining legal rights as granted to individual citizens, they clearly lack the moral instinct within to be honest with their fellow man!

What do you think, ATS?

Japanese Times
edit on 27-5-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: spellin's

edit on 27-5-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: grammar

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Don't you remember that TEPCO wanted a worldwide censoring on Fukushima's radiation ?
Sure thing that they don't want make a general panic, so they hide. But the next years will tell the truth.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Don't be too quick to pass along credit to the Japanese government.

The only reason they're jumping on this now is because it's blatantly obvious to those with more than two functioning brain cells of just how ugly the Fukishima disaster really is.

The government is simply now covering their butts before they too get tossed in with the lynch mob.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I guess I may have been too quick to give them credit, or I was being too hopeful.

It is very possible they are just covering their backsides....hmmmm

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
When it comes to a country-wide disaster (which is what this is), I think it's safe to say that the government was fully aware of every single little thing going on right from day one with TEPCO and Fukishima.

There's no way in hell TEPCO would not be required to report all info at all times to government officials.

This is a save-our-butts-before-it-gets-out-to-the-public-that-we-lied operation if I ever saw one.

Better for TEPCO to take the fall, than the voted in government officials.
edit on 27-5-2011 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What Tepco and the Japanese government did is a disgrace. For something that affects the entire world, they really need to be up front and honest with everyone. What really stinks, is that we, the people will eventually suffer the consequences of this radiation fall out, with increased cancer rates, etc..... Seems like a good way to depopulate the earth as TPTB seem to want to do. This way they don't have to take any action, it will happen on its own within a decade or so, sooner for the ones who were heavily irradiated. Sad situation indeed.

Peace!
SK
edit on 5/27/2011 by SweetKarma because: grammar

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Perhaps you are right.

I guess I didn't look at it like that.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Another intersting article showing the bumbling fools at Tepco and the government regulators!

Japanese Times

new topics

top topics

join