It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Get Ready to Rumble - Government Officials vs. Grey Haired Old Lady in Magical Kingdom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Recent event from a country that makes the things we use:

Please promote/viralize if you think this is wrong.

Context of the scene: A group of people consists of demolition crew, security staff, led by a government official in process of demolishing housing in the pretext of eminent-domain. The residents are offered very little compensation and get to see their land resold to developers at many times profit for the government, thus, the natural resistance. This is playing out daily in that country. There also have been incidents of residents setting themselves on fire as protest.
edit on 27-5-2011 by TinkererJim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
At the 2:35 mark the sound goes out, but at the 3:00 mark I found my fist was clinched. Even out of context this behavior is sick.

Do you have any more info on this video?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Why?

What is the point?

We, as a whole, it seems, can not win this.

If humanity tries, they will kill us all.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What the heck went on here?
Why'd they beat up the old lady?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thats horrible. They are all beating on women. Their day will come. Every dog has it's day. I'm infuriated at the thought of this vid.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
First off we need translation of what the event is about second off this is sick, but with what we know of human rights in the area, im sure this happens more than we can think. All I can say is if C.O.D M.W.F3 is correct and its NATO against the world then I'm sure since I'm in the draft age I'll be doomed. But send me to the slant eyes side of the world and I'll have no trouble showing them a lil bit of human rights, right back at em. Truly effing disgusting.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
What the heck went on here?
Why'd they beat up the old lady?

It's a sad scene that's happening in that country everyday. Government wants to "eminent-domain" residences to modernize cities, but offers diddly as compensation. The officials would resell these lands to developers at many times for profit. The residents naturally resist.

The recent 3x bombing is also from the same cause.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

I think it detracts from the point you're trying to make when you use terms such as "slant eyes".

I'll bet you mean no harm, but it does not help prove your point!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Grow up a minority in your home town, and in your school, all while on the west coast of Canada. And you might understand my distaste.A lil far I agree but, The lack of care an concern i see all around me, in everyday life by this same race of people. Zero disregard for all those around them, rude, pushy, ignorant and make up a good percentage of the gang crime in my area. And I'm sorry I get a little bit heated. Just don't strike women where I come from, and ever increasingly where I come from, it seems like we might one day, at our current rate.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What happened here? A construction project. There appear to be at least four groups of people

1. Construction workers in yellow hard hats
2. Police, onlty a few with shields
3. Onlookers
4. Protestors

At one point protestors start throwing rocks, construction debris, and bricks at the construction workers. The workers fight back and beat up several of the protestors. Police arrive after the fact and haul a few people off.

Without knowing what the issues are politically all I see is construction workers fighting back after they were pelted with rocks. Sure some people got hurt, but at least one of the women there that was hurt was also clearly throwing large bricks at close range at construction workers. If I were a construction worker it would be difficult to feel sorry for her.

Does anyone know what the issues are here?
edit on 5/27/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I think it detracts from the point you're trying to make when you use terms such as "slant eyes".

I'll bet you mean no harm, but it does not help prove your point!

amazingly well said,,, for a member who has HITLER playing a banjo..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
What happened here? A construction project. There appear to be at least four groups of people

1. Construction workers in yellow hard hats
2. Police, onlty a few with shields
3. Onlookers
4. Protestors

At one point protestors start throwing rocks, construction debris, and bricks at the construction workers. The workers fight back and beat up several of the protestors. Police arrive after the fact and haul a few people off.

Without knowing what the issues are politically all I see is construction workers fighting back after they were pelted with rocks. Sure some people got hurt, but at least one of the women there that was hurt was also clearly throwing large bricks at close range at construction workers. If I were a construction worker it would be difficult to feel sorry for her.

Does anyone know what the issues are here?
edit on 5/27/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

I'll clarify on OP. thx

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I went to HS on an Indian reservation...and I'm white. So I know exactly what you mean. I just don't see any point in that kind of talk, that's all.

reply to post by darrman

Hey man, who doesn't want to laugh at a head-bangin', banjo-shreddin' Nazi? It's for the fun of it, not a "deep look into my hearts intent"! What does your piggy boots say about you?

Back to the topic of the OP, don't pay attention to me.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Point taken just get in a rage when a man strikes a women my tongue and fingers get a little bit of a mind of there own, I'll be better to watch my mouth for fear of future scoldings LoL.... I as well sort of understand the premise workers being pelted just don't know if I could re-act like that towards a female make it a male bring it on. But a women just unfathomable with how I was taught.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

That I agree with!

I don't care if a woman is trowing rocks or trying to harm me in another way, I would find a way to get out of the situation before I have to harm her.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I personally think when it comes to violence male/female shouldnt count, I dont think anyone should physically hurt anyone EVER but if a chick decides to hit me hells yes Im gonna hit her back.

Just thought Id add that while Im waiting for the vid to stream, my GF is Chinese so Ill get her to tell us whats goin on.

Cheers

P.s Ive never hit or been hit by a girl I was just speaking hypothetically

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkererJim

WHOA!!!!!!!

I was not expecting anything like that, that was fricken intense!!!!!

Chinese chicks can take some punishment, that granny copped 2 full on punches to the face and still got up to throw more bricks and that other chick got totally gang stomped and was still going em.

I would like to ammend my previous statement on this thread to say
"I dont think anyone should physically hurt anyone EVER but if a chick decides to hit me hells yes Im gonna hit her back unlees shes Chinese then Im gonna run the feck away"

Apologies I dont mean to make light of this video.

So anyway my GF speaks Mandarin and cantonese and said that all of the talking is in some localdialect so shes unsure what was said at the time but at the end it says

"In the violence there were 9 injured and 2 disabled all of whom were detained Illegally for 37 days, after this the were put under house arrest with monitors. During there detention their families were forced to sign evacuation agreements with unfair compensation and then the houses were demolished"

" this area is actually government approved land for farmers houses which is not included in the area for demolition signed in an agreement in 2006. The dproximity of the explosions to our homes day and night is affecting our health and is a danger to everyone. After non fruitful negotiations the company (Mei jei er) went to court and bribed officials to do this violent act for them. (from here it turns into a plea)
Being police you are supposed to be the god of protection for the people,l you not only didnt stop the violence you took part in the beatings. The grieved resisdents we have no one else to fall back on, try asking who has a gut as big as the sky (one of those ridiculous Chinese sayings that make no sense to outsiders basically means who could dare do such a thing)"

"nowadays we as farmers have no land to farm, no position to fill, family get beaten up till injured and disabled, demolished houses have not been properly compensated. A visit has been made to the central government several times demanding the local government to do something about the case but they keep pushing away their responsibility and delay in solving the problem. Where is the will of god? where is the justice?"

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yes. This real and recent. You can find many similar videos of other incidents on Youtube. I'm not particularly political, but having came across this video, I can't help but feel the need to do something. So I thought if we can make this viral enough for MSM to cover it. It'll effect their top officials decisions because this will look bad on the nation as a whole and will effect their business dealing with the rest of the world.

I really think this is worse than Libya, worse than Syrian crack-down.

top topics

join