It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku interviews Leslie Kean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Interesting radio show in which Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist, interviews Leslie Kean, an investigative journalist and Director of Investigations for The Coalition for Freedom of Information, on UFOs and credible eyewitness reports. Worth a listen as both are well-versed on the subject.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Oh man my comp is running so slow, I am posting here so that later I can find this thread... Great sounding interview, is it possible to make some bullet points on the interviews?

Thanks!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience
Interesting radio show in which Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist, interviews Leslie Kean, an investigative journalist and Director of Investigations for The Coalition for Freedom of Information, on UFOs and credible eyewitness reports. Worth a listen as both are well-versed on the subject.

Thanks for sharing this Clairaudience,
I go listen to them now.
I did read her book and found it really marvelous.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Not really a fan of kuku

disregard the title and check out the context of series

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Sure, she is basically talking about the following:

An Air Force major is ordered to approach a brilliant UFO in his Phantom jet over Tehran. He repeatedly attempts to engage and fire on unusual objects heading right toward his aircraft, but his missile control is locked and disabled. Witnessed from the ground, this dogfight becomes the subject of a secret report by the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency.

In Belgium, an Air Force colonel investigates a series of widespread sightings of unidentified triangular objects, and he sends F-16s to attempt a closer look. Many hundreds of eyewitnesses, including on-duty police officers, file reports, and a spectacular photograph of an unidentifiable craft is retrieved and analyzed.

Here at home, a retired chief of the FAA’s Accidents and Investigations Division reveals the agency’s response to a thirty-minute encounter between an aircraft and a gigantic UFO over Alaska, which occurred during his watch and is documented on radar. Now all three of these distinguished men have written breathtaking, firsthand accounts about these extraordinary incidents. They are joined by Air Force generals and a host of high-level sources—including Fife Symington III, former governor of Arizona, and Nick Pope, former head of the British Defence Ministry’s UFO Investigative Unit—who have agreed to write their own detailed, personal stories about UFO encounters and investigations for the first time.

They are coming forward now because of Leslie Kean, an investigative reporter who has spent the last ten years studying the still unexplained UFO phenomenon. Kean reviewed hundreds of government documents, aviation reports, radar data, and case studies with corroborating physical evidence. She carefully examined scientifically analyzed photographs and interviewed dozens of high-level officials and aviation witnesses from around the world. With the support of former White House chief of staff John Podesta, Kean draws on her research to separate fact from fiction and to lift the veil on decades of U.S. government misinformation. Throughout, she presents irrefutable evidence that unknown flying objects—metallic, luminous, and seemingly able to maneuver in ways that defy the laws of physics—actually exist.

Link
edit on 27-5-2011 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Going to have a look at her book for sure, it does sound very interesting indeed:

No one yet knows what these objects are, even though they affect aviation safety and possibly national security. The phenomenon has been officially acknowledged by numerous foreign governments. For these reasons and many others, Kean concludes that the UFO problem must be more widely recognized and ultimately solved through an unbiased scientific investigation. The material presented throughout this landmark book is sobering, unflinching, and undeniably awe-inspiring, and moves us toward a goal of properly addressing this worldwide mystery.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Great interview, these are the things that give me hope that in the future there might be some sort of disclosure...well....some sort.

And get her book, a REALLY good read. Obviously, don't swallow it whole without chewing, but still a really good read and a welcome change form the usual nonsense books that are published.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Interesting interview, despite the fact I'm not a huge fan of Michio Kaku.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ill have to see the vid when I get home. I too am not a fan of gatekeeper Kaku. Should be interesting

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Good interview! Why the hate for kuku ?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Yeah, I don't quite get it, he has done much to convey complicated science theories in an easy and receptive way, the books he wrote and the documentaries he starred in are educational and inspiring. Of course unlike many other scientists he uses the media to boost and convey his own work/opinion, but that is not necessairly a bad thing.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

reply to post by spacevisitor

Going to have a look at her book for sure, it does sound very interesting indeed:

No one yet knows what these objects are, even though they affect aviation safety and possibly national security. The phenomenon has been officially acknowledged by numerous foreign governments. For these reasons and many others, Kean concludes that the UFO problem must be more widely recognized and ultimately solved through an unbiased scientific investigation. The material presented throughout this landmark book is sobering, unflinching, and undeniably awe-inspiring, and moves us toward a goal of properly addressing this worldwide mystery.

Well, there are people who know for shore what these objects are, even I know it, but besides that, I cannot say other then it is really worth to buy it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Jay-morris

Yeah, I don't quite get it, he has done much to convey complicated science theories in an easy and receptive way, the books he wrote and the documentaries he starred in are educational and inspiring. Of course unlike many other scientists he uses the media to boost and convey his own work/opinion, but that is not necessairly a bad thing.

He is a perfect example on why its so hard for a well know scientific person to take an interest in the subject. There is another skeptics forum (well, de-bunking belief driven forum) I don't know if i can name the site on here, but as soon as they knew he said 5% of cases are unexplained, the ridicule was terrible, and this is the problem, and why its hard for any scientific person to have the balls and come out and say "yes, some of these cases need further investigation" They would rather argue with believers and come out with explanations that to be honest, are more far fetched than the ET explanation. But thats the way the subject is, and its such a shame

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just listened to the interview, it was very interesting. I'll try to get her book.
I don't understand whats not to like about Kaku though, he obviously knows his stuff, very easy to listen to as well.

I'm a big Kaku fan. So thanks.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
He is a perfect example on why its so hard for a well know scientific person to take an interest in the subject. There is another skeptics forum (well, de-bunking belief driven forum) I don't know if i can name the site on here, but as soon as they knew he said 5% of cases are unexplained, the ridicule was terrible, and this is the problem, and why its hard for any scientific person to have the balls and come out and say "yes, some of these cases need further investigation" They would rather argue with believers and come out with explanations that to be honest, are more far fetched than the ET explanation. But thats the way the subject is, and its such a shame

Maybe we should just laugh back at them and call them deluded for believing in the Higgs boson. We don't need to look at the evidence, be balanced, and act mature or anything, they don't with Ufologists.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I think he hit the nail on the head. Anybody claiming to know the truth is 100% full of it. You know the saying right? Opinions are like spinchters, everybody has one, and nobody thinks theirs stinks.

edit on 27-5-2011 by SamSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Whats your point? I don't see what this has to do with the OP

-Alien

top topics

join