It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California released 450 violent criminals ``by mistake`` following SCOTUS decision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
That's brilliant. I'm sure it was an error... NOT.

Computer errors allow violent California prisoners to be released unsupervised

A computer system that lacked key information about inmates factored in the release of an estimated 450 prisoners with a "high risk of violence," according to the California inspector general.

No attempt was made to return any of the offenders to state lockups or place them on supervised parole, said inspector general spokeswoman Renee Hansen.

Seriously they didn't task a dozen people with reviewing each case before releasing them?

And I bet 450 pot smokers are still in jail...

And as to why it wasn't an error... well the prison complex and the government LOVES CRIMINALS... it makes people scared so they can take away more civil liberties, make harsher penalties, justify the police state and of course... BUILD MORE PRISONS!
edit on 27-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And I bet 450 pot smokers are still in jail...

Or....

DEAD.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You have got to be kidding me! Seriously, I have to read about this. This actually happened? I can't express my disappointment in this system we call government. At every level there is incompetence on a scale I've only scene in spoof movies. I mean, this shouldn't always be happening in real life. One fail after another. What's the score man?

This is no accident

A computer system that lacked key information about inmates factored in the release of an estimated 450 prisoners with a "high risk of violence," according to the California inspector general.

So they just let them out? So long, see ya..whatever your name is. Ah, prolly doesn't matter he seemed nice. I'm mean that entire facility should be, I hate to say it, shut down, because those who run it and are in charge of it apparently can't do their jobs. Which way did he go George? I will slap a hoe!

Get the F! out of here

Btw, these prisoners could do a lot of good at the politicians houses. Like a work release program. Just a thought
edit on 27-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
That many, by mistake?! Seriously, I'm not far enough away. Sadly, as you mentioned OP, the ones released are probably the violent. Careful Californians.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
If it was a freakin' error, then freakin' fix it! Why is California so wicked retarded?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas
If it was a freakin' error, then freakin' fix it! Why is California so wicked retarded?

And you know what, you can't even blame marijuana because I betcha everyone who works at that prison, guards especially, get drug tested quite often. So if you're trying to do drugs and pass random drug tests pot is the drug you should NOT be doing

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I’m surprised that no one has brought this issue up, therefore everyone should know that it was done on purpose, intentionally seriously come-on everyone, you are so aware by now how the governments truly are.

I mean they could have released the non violet ones and used ankle bracelets on them you know the ones that steal, or has done drugs or did the three strikes and your out but it wasn't anything violet....etc….not the violent ones….

May 26, 2011 The U.S. Supreme Court has ordered California to dramatically reduce its prison population. The justices concluded the overcrowding violates constitutional protections against cruel and unusual punishment. More than 30,000 inmates must be transferred or released in the next two years.

www.npr.org...

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 27-5-2011 by Shar because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
didn't Saddam do this very same thing
pre US invasion ???

will history repeat ???

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
""May 26, 2011 The U.S. Supreme Court has ordered California to dramatically reduce its prison population. The justices concluded the overcrowding violates constitutional protections against cruel and unusual punishment.""

Sounds like the US Supreme Court ruled it's ok to be a criminal in California.

The majority of the criminals held in those prisons were in fact, not even Americans of whom the Constitution applies. They broke into America from foreign countries...then committed violent criminal acts.

California should have transferred them to Beale AFB, California and held those prisoners in the barb wired fields currently containing cows.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Cuba released 12,000 prisoners into the US,at one time. Maybe we need to send these "Violent" Prisoners to another country...........

Seriously,If we change our Laws,and keep only "Violent" prisoners in jail,we wouldn't have a overcrowding problem. The system is severely broken,and must be fixed.
edit on 27-5-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
I’m surprised that no one has brought this issue up, therefore everyone should know that it was done on purpose, intentionally seriously come-on everyone, you are so aware by now how the governments truly are.

I mean they could have released the non violet ones and used ankle bracelets on them you know the ones that steal, or has done drugs or did the three strikes and your out but it wasn't anything violet....etc….not the violent ones….

May 26, 2011 The U.S. Supreme Court has ordered California to dramatically reduce its prison population. The justices concluded the overcrowding violates constitutional protections against cruel and unusual punishment. More than 30,000 inmates must be transferred or released in the next two years.

www.npr.org...

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 27-5-2011 by Shar because: spelling

yeah I knew about that and that's what really pisses me off. I thought they were gonna release the good ones, non violent drug offenders. We all know prison in the USA is big business, down to your kids. But now, they're gonna release the violent ones so they can have a reason to further enforce their police state. I don't know how much more I can take this before it's game on.

join