It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 US troops among 9 NATO dead in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
More blood on Obama's hands since he continued the war and even increased the number of troops.

The only guy who would have ``saved`` those soldiers by withdrawing would have ben RON PAUL as president. But no...

7 US troops among 9 NATO dead in Afghanistan

Nine NATO service members were killed Thursday in Afghanistan, including seven U.S. troops among eight who died when a powerful bomb exploded in a field where they were patrolling on foot, officials said.

Two Afghan policemen also died and two others were wounded in the explosion in the mountainous Shorabak district of Kandahar province, 12 miles (19 kilometers) from the Pakistan border, said Gen. Abdul Raziq, chief of the Afghan border police in the province.

"Two months ago, we cleared this area of terrorists, but still they are active there," Raziq said.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the blast.

The only thing you'll see about this on the news will probably lasts about 10 seconds... you will not see the families crying, you will not see their coffins coming back, you will not see their funerals.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The only thing you'll see about this on the news will probably lasts about 10 seconds... you will not see the families crying, you will not see their coffins coming back, you will not see their funerals.

Another thing I wished we wouldn't see is the sacrifice made by the brave soldiers used as a political point on ATS. :shk:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Shocking news. RIP to the soldiers that passed.

Let's just hope that boots don't go on the ground in Libya.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Another thing I wished we wouldn't see is the sacrifice made by the brave soldiers used as a political point on ATS. :shk:

A political point? Saying that war is bad? That Obama is as complicit as Bush in the war since he continued it and even sent more troops into the grinder?

Sorry if exposing the reality is ``a political point``... because it's not.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

A political point? Saying that war is bad? That Obama is as complicit as Bush in the war since he continued it and even sent more troops into the grinder?

Sorry if exposing the reality is ``a political point``... because it's not.

Really? What about:

The only guy who would have ``saved`` those soldiers by withdrawing would have ben RON PAUL as president. But no...

Some of those family members that you are concerned about probably haven't heard their loved ones paid this price for their country yet and this tripe is on here. Political point? Damn right it is and I don't like the use of service personnel in this manner.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Now Osama Bin laden is dead it should be job done surely? Are they staying there because they can pop into Iran if the mood takes them? Are they there in case oil if found of they can get their paws on things like the Lithium and minerals in that country?

Surely our governments must realize we are all sick of paying for their damn wars that mean precious little to us. I resent the way the lives of our military seem to mean so little to governments made up of people that sit safely at home. Were our countries actually threatened that would be another matter but they are not.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Some of those family members that you are concerned about probably haven't heard their loved ones paid this price for their country yet and this tripe is on here. Political point? Damn right it is and I don't like the use of service personnel in this manner.

Well it's just fact that he's the only presidential candidate that would have withdrawn troops.

And for the troops dying, this is sad, but they died for nothing, they died for the elite and the corporations. The ones who are still alive should smell the coffee and turn against the real enemies of America.

Before you say I am anti-military...

One of my uncles, one of my brothers and one of my friends are in the military. So yeah. I support the troops, but not what they are dying for.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Why would they show that?

top topics

join