It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hypothetical U.S.A (The United States of Africa)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don’t think it would ever happen (mainly due to tribal and ideology differences), but could you imagine the power that this hypothetical nation would yield?

This continent has more resources than any other. Oil/Petroleum, Uranium, Diamonds, Gold, Agriculture, etc. It literally has almost anything you can shake a stick at…in abundance.

I’m not saying that they should adopt an EU style government, but a united national governmental body based on, for lack of a better analogy, the original U.S constitution, (not the twisted version we have now).

Within 50 years they would be the power that all other nations would have to broker deals with.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

hmm wanna go in together,, and buy land?

i dont think the people will EVER get over their problems with each other,
long enough,, to Work together..

j mho.

"
edit,, by " ever" i mean,, within the next 100 years,, unless,, That is,, it is the last, live-able place,
left on the earth
edit on 5/26/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Africa is a paradise that has been fouled by millennia of tribal fighting. Expecting anything significant to change barring some cataclysmic outside event is wishful thinking at best. Odds are African tribes will still be cutting each other to pieces with machetes in 200 years over some 1000 year blood feud even when no one can quite remember what its about.

America works because people leave their tribal identifies (not their cultures, their identities) behind when they come here.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Didn't Europe already try to colonize Africa once or a million times?

Aren't they still there helping the locals extract diamonds and other resources?

Oh yes..they did.. even wikiBSpedia got this one right.
en.wikipedia.org...

Good idea though.. Let's divide and conquer them.

Oh wait... I think it's been tryed before.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

I wasn't talking about colonization, but more along the lines of if they put aside their tribal/ideological differences. No country could hold a candle to them. Not Russia, China or the U.S.

But I agree with SirMike, Africa will probably never be united. It's not the PTB, it's themselves who keep the continent divided nowadays.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Africa is a paradise that has been fouled by millennia of tribal fighting. Expecting anything significant to change barring some cataclysmic outside event is wishful thinking at best. Odds are African tribes will still be cutting each other to pieces with machetes in 200 years over some 1000 year blood feud even when no one can quite remember what its about.

America works because people leave their tribal identifies (not their cultures, their identities) behind when they come here.

I really wish people who don't know a damned thing about something, wouldn't speak up about it. Seriously. Europe.s history in the last century has seen more brutality and "tribal in-fighting" than the entire continent of Africa in the last thousand years - your scale.

Much of the infighting in Africa can be directly attributed to Europe, via colonial policy. Here's a good one; find the smallest, least-organized tribe in your colony. Give them money and weapons and tell them they now rule all the other people within several thousand square miles. Welcome to a British colony in Africa.

The African Union is growing in influence. The main impediment towards such a concept is the business interests of Europe, America, and China, that deliberately cause and exploit strife and dictators in order to maximize profits. Take Shell out of Nigeria, and it would probably end up a pretty nice place, for instance. Take nestle out of Gabon, and who knows, the children there might have a future. And let's not even talk about the diamong, gold, and other mineral industries.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Bang on! If I could, I would send you a qewpie doll. You've hit the nail on the head.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I really wish people who don't know a damned thing about something, wouldn't speak up about it. Seriously. Europe.s history in the last century has seen more brutality and "tribal in-fighting" than the entire continent of Africa in the last thousand years - your scale.

Much of the infighting in Africa can be directly attributed to Europe, via colonial policy. Here's a good one; find the smallest, least-organized tribe in your colony. Give them money and weapons and tell them they now rule all the other people within several thousand square miles. Welcome to a British colony in Africa.

The African Union is growing in influence. The main impediment towards such a concept is the business interests of Europe, America, and China, that deliberately cause and exploit strife and dictators in order to maximize profits. Take Shell out of Nigeria, and it would probably end up a pretty nice place, for instance. Take nestle out of Gabon, and who knows, the children there might have a future. And let's not even talk about the diamong, gold, and other mineral industries.

That’s it …. its all whiteys fault! After all, the idea of tribal warfare in Africa was unheard of in pre-colonial times. Did you know that until the white man came to Africa, they didn’t know what slavery was? Lions routinely lay down with lambs and the continent was united in brotherhood and peace. In fact all predatory behaviors commonly associated with conflict areas are uniquely European in their origins and were unknown to isolated cultures until the white man and his gun came upon them.

Take Shell out of Nigeria and it becomes even poorer than it is today …. which, by the way, is even poorer than when the British left.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Yep, you are correct too. Love the sarc. They are all poorer after the colonials left, and usually at war with one another. There really is not much of a middle class in Africa.

I just wonder what would happen if the Corps. starting paying wages there as they would here in the U.S.? Even minimum wage would make the average African wealthy by todays standards.

But the realist in me says it would just lead to more crime and conflict.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Agree Tdawg..and Unfortunatly we would mettle into the infrastructure based on what we had to gain for profit, more then teaching them to get along, and be self reliant in a new and changing world.
(SOUNDS GOOD)
I think I've seen this before.

And don't think I don't respect the Peace Corps and the Red Cross. They do tremendous work.

Until the profit and loss statement based from a countries political adgena get's in the way.

Oh..and if one side has more resources? We'll switch sides.

new topics

top topics

join