It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran buys kamikaze dolphins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
check this out

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 4-8-2004 by persian]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Good lord...

They've been performing for tourists so long, I doubt they are useful in their original capacity any longer..... Somehow even their purchase of 40 year old missiles is scarier, hehe...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Somehow even their purchase of 40 year old missiles is scarier, hehe...

what do you mean by that? what 40 year old missiles???

[edit on 4-8-2004 by persian]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Both America and Russia have done this for awhile. Its interesting that dolphins have to be tricked into killing people, they are naturally not killers. They make them do a trained routine over and over again without a armed weapon so they dont realize when they get a armed weapon they will kill something.

In the US 'swimmer nullification program�

The US version of the anti-diver weapon used a .45 bullet on contact and the Russian version used a needle of compressed air to kill a diver.

More prosaically, it has previously been reported that Soviet dolphins were trained to carry out �kamikaze� missions. Explosives were supposedly strapped to their backs and they were sent out to blow up enemy submarines. One estimate had it that a total of about 2,000 animals had died for the Motherland on these, and similar, operations.

In 1990, the use of dolphins to guard Trident submarine bases was brought to a halt after a successful legal challenge from a consortium of 14 animal rights groups.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Greetings,

This is just the tip of the Ice berg, during the Second World War, the Soviets developed a simple but effective method of training the thousands of stray dogs within Stailinggrad [Spelling?], what they would do is train them to either crawl under the tanks or run into groups of germans

Strap a few claymores to your pet and set a 60 second fuse, and hey, you have an anti personal weapon. Any thing can can be used as a weapon, provided you know how to use it effectively.

- Phil

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is quite a sad story. To bad they can't be taken care of anymore. I'd prefer the Russians owning the dolpins than Iran. Kind of sad that the dolphins have to do kamikaze missions for a stupid humans own violent purposes.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Extremely sad that people would do this to animals. I know the US Navy has dolphins that are essentially German Shepards for harbors and piers. They can stab a frogman with a self-inflating device that drags them to the surface, or simply kill the frogman themselves.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Making fun of the Arabs again? Until they blow you to pieces.My prediction is that Iran will have atomic warheads shortly Why not? You already said they are a target as well.

As for odd weapons,apart from the Japanese explosive balloons,you Americans tried using bats.You captured a number of them,put a tiny incinidary device around their necks,and let them loose over a deserted town.
Guess what? Seeking shelt,they went in the nooks and crannies,and the next day the town was ablaze.
Problem is,like bombing,you need those buildings to house the civilians,let alone yourselves.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Making fun of the Arabs again?

Ok lets get one thing striate, Iranians are not Arabs. They are Persian. So plz don�t get these two mixed up.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by persian

Making fun of the Arabs again?

Ok lets get one thing striate, Iranians are not Arabs. They are Persian. So plz don�t get these two mixed up.

Only 50% Iranians are Persians, I think.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
OK.Then why did they call it the Persian Gulf War when it was Really the Arabian Gulf?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think the name Persian Gulf has been that way for hundreds maybe thousands of years. Why change it now.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stgeorge
OK.Then why did they call it the Persian Gulf War when it was Really the Arabian Gulf?

Same reason it's called the Gulf of Mexico when the US has more realty on it.

Iranians speak Farsi, not Arabic. The cultures are distinct.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The US navy uses dolphins to locate mines and it uses seals to attach a claw type device to divers legs so the Patrol can pull him in. I was watching this show on TV and the US navy is currently is training great white sharks to hunt down and kill enemy divers. That is the ultimate weapon a 2 ton 40 foot great white coming at you at 30 miles an hour

[edit on 8-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The US navy uses dolphins to locate mines and it uses seals to attack a claw type device to divers legs so the Patrol can pull him in. I was watching this show on TV and the US navy is currently is training great white sharks to hunt down and kill enemy divers. That is the ultimate weapon a 2 ton 40 foot great white coming at you at 30 miles an hour

ok so they're going to train sharks that are tought to kill humans???? what if they escape ? they will just attack humans on sight

US army sucks

[edit on 7-8-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The US navy uses dolphins to locate mines and it uses seals to attack a claw type device to divers legs so the Patrol can pull him in. I was watching this show on TV and the US navy is currently is training great white sharks to hunt down and kill enemy divers. That is the ultimate weapon a 2 ton 40 foot great white coming at you at 30 miles an hour

Sharks with laser beams on their heads?

You don't need a great white to kill a human diver. A dolphin can do it quite easily. Dolphins are also a bit more social and trainable than sharks.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

ok so they're going to train sharks that are tought to kill humans???? what if they escape ? they will just attack humans on sight

US army sucks

First of all its the US Navy Not US army

They are trained and only used in zones and are voluble to enemy divers. Unless you are swimming near a battle ship you wont get bitten. And the sharks have a small GPS transmitter attached to them so if they don't return they can be hunted down and either recovered or killed.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
When I say US army I mean ,the army navy and air force.US military if you want...

is this a project or it has been done?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well that is pretty stupid if you ask me it would kill you to write 4 extra letter to say US military. This program with the Great White sharks has been going on for a few years, but remember they have to train the sharks when they are little all the way until they have reached full size. Then they can use them for patrolling harbors or danger zones.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think it cruel to use any animal for this- its not like the animal has a choice of whether it wants to blow itself up.
What a mad idea...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join