It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Wants To Escape The Impending Doom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Actually where I'm at there is a pretty good militia presence in fact I don't know of an area of the states where there really isn't.
So either way I don't feel alone at all, I know I have like minded folk everywhere.
I guess with friends I am capable of surviving all that doesn't kill me.
I know there is nothing to be scared of as all will happen just as exactly as it has to, nothing I can do about that.
Selflessness is the only way, what am I without my joy?
I am capable of protecting what i need to as long as I have one finger.
Well so far I have been reliable, I have been scared shartless but I still functioned, who knows every situation is different.
I have the will to survive, I brought 6 kids into the world and raised them, if that is not will, i know not what it is.
I love small dark places, the snakes and bugs fear me.
Am I afraid to die, ever since I found out that I would not live forever, death is kind of something we all must do I guess.
The rest you can probably fill in.
Good luck on your quest.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Makes me think about whether or not it is worth it. Seriously. My daughter, whom I love beyond descriptors, got married and moved to D.C. a few years ago. What this means to me is that if we were to have WWIII, she and the son in law would likely become one of the first casualties. As much as it hurts to say, at least I can find solace in the fact that hopefully she would not suffer. She would not have to endure sickness, pain, death on a global scale, and the many, many terrors of a post apocalyptic world. This leads me to consider if I, myself (especially at my extremely advanced age of 53) have it in me to carry on. If I were to lose my daughter, other loved ones, and the future is nothing but one insurmountable struggle after another, maybe I should leave that to the younger lions. I have never been anything close to a quitter, but I am already so tired of all the horrible things I have seen beyond the control of those who deserve better I cannot know for sure that I would not be in the way.

If I were to also be one of the first instant casualties such decisions are not needed. Still, after all this, I must also wonder if I did survive, what would the new world be like? Maybe I will stick around if I can just to see.

Or, maybe I'm schizophrenic and neither one of me knows...........

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
[
good luck

lol, thanks, same to you. stay safe.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
My family has debated this very thought a few times. But in reality if the S truly HTF then I have about a month before Im #d. I have no thyroid, I doubt my luck will be good enough to refill my meds the day before TSHTF so roughly 3 weeks of withdrawal from it and I will be barfing, pooping, crying, throwing things and will rapidly lose weight faster than I could ever eat. I wish I could say # the pharmacy! But I cant, my choices were either a) refuse treatment and have cancer spread(the next area would have been either lung or breast cancer) or b)get the cancer treatment and rely on meds the rest of my life.

Our true choice was always to fin a nice cave and live in that scenario but given the circumstances we'll be staying home and "anne frank-ing it"

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Well if offered a safe place that included all family members, and if the SHTF was a fact to be happening where I could convince these family members, yes, we would go. But at present, I have aged parents, who I will not leave behind. We live inland, well above sea level in a small city. We work to put food on the table, and put aside useful items, just in case.

I had some friends that sold everything before the year 2000, due to fears of the whole electrical grid failing, and relocated to a remote place in northern Ontario Canada. Now if there were to be a shaking of the earth they sit on a flood plain not far above sea level. With all the scenarios on the table at this point it appears that the most unsafe places are near the oceans, fault lines, and volcanoes etc.

The real evil is that we are not given true information by our leaders. This is the most sad thing I see in the world around me for if there is in fact a SHTF event on the way it would be possible to migrate people in a orderly fashion away from danger. The hiding of true information is what brings tears to my eyes.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
If you were offered the opportunity to move to a safe and secure location to avoid an impending doom scenario or even just a sanctuary away from the prying eyes and control of the government would you go?

Ive came to the realization that the world is coming to a point of total Chaos and that its now time for us all to migrate to a secure location somewhere else in the world where we can have a better chance of survival, and that time has presented itself now before we are not able to freely move unrestricted.

chances are you will have to sell everything you own and turn everything into cash to go, and that when you get to sanctuary you will have to work very hard to help prepare in all things, and invest everything you scraped together to help secure tools materials and supplies then dig in for the long hibernation and begin a new way of life.

first you must ask yourself these questions.

what hardships do you think you are capable of enduring?
Anything that life has thrown at me.

what scares you more, an unknown enemy or the known?
doesn't scare me eather way...

are you capable of selflessness?
I was married once, so yeah for people I care about.

are you capable to protect your sanctuary and fellow sanctuarians, no matter what?
USMC Infantry for many many years

can you be relied upon when the stakes are high?
For self preservation and survival, oh yeah.

will you fold under pressure?
just the enemy inhalf, tring to disrupt my way of life

do you truly have the will to survive?
Yes

are you afraid of small places and the darkness?
No

are you afraid to die?
No

are you afraid to live?
No

are you interested?
Yes

are you ready to go?
Damn near

where is the safest place i can think of and would others agree and follow?
behind my rifle, I don't care if they follow me or not, I'm not a baby sitter.

what do i have to offer and not become a burden?
Years of experiance in combat and grew up in the country...no burden for anyone here.

my plan is to migrate high in the mountains, then dig in and build self sustaining survival pods for the long hibernation, create a new way of life and defend for survival.

toss the idea around and if its really something you think you're able we'll discuss organization

edit on 26-5-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

Sounds ok but I am not wanting to run and hide, but I am not going to storm the front gates eather...both are suicide....level heads and thinking with a good knowledge of the enemy...wound be priceless.
edit on 26-5-2011 by saltdog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If knowing that you are as safe as safe could possibly be, then peace of mind is the ultimate goal. helplessness is the worst of all fears and in an apocalyptic scenario the less stress endured could mean the difference in the final transition of life. no one wants to suffer a horrible death, although death is death we would all desire a peaceful secure one with no stress.

Having the advantage of proper preparedness in the event of any cataclysmic scenario is paramount, whether or not you permanently live at sanctuary, its yours and it will be ready when the time comes if you make that decision and invest both money and effort.

I have spent a decade developing a life support system that can be easily manufactured, with state of the art components and materials, to withstand most all hostilities in both environment and man made, that can be easily moved assembled and lived in, that even if you didn't survive you would be safely tucked away intact for eternity as a testament of your existence. and it comes with a lifetime guarantee of peace of mind

what is a lifetime of peace of mind worth to you? could you put a price on it?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Nope never trapped in fact I have many groups of "family" that are already and have been for a while living in very remote place I can go live with in great communities. I have already experienced that life for decent durations actually. I would rather fight and die then run away and live in seclusion...

ETA: I would look around in northern NM though lots of really good places full of good people out there!
edit on 28-5-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

That in my opinion is one of the best tips a person can give, to actually go out and test your skills against nature, and to test yourself.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I really can appreciate your comment that it is a migration. We are ready to migrate and are mentally where most survivalists are right now. We've got our mind in survivalist mode and our body in the reality of now. Our plans are to sell everything - and find a retreat. The problem we are having is that the ideal retreat is 12 hours away or more. We are trying to narrow down the realistic retreat options. We are prepared, capable, knowelegable, and stocked. Both being ex-military, we are acknoweleging that we'll need several families to co-op for real protection. Very leary about trusting anyone we don't have a background on or know. Are you finding that part difficult?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kirkpt
I really can appreciate your comment that it is a migration. We are ready to migrate and are mentally where most survivalists are right now. We've got our mind in survivalist mode and our body in the reality of now. Our plans are to sell everything - and find a retreat. The problem we are having is that the ideal retreat is 12 hours away or more. We are trying to narrow down the realistic retreat options. We are prepared, capable, knowelegable, and stocked. Both being ex-military, we are acknoweleging that we'll need several families to co-op for real protection. Very leary about trusting anyone we don't have a background on or know. Are you finding that part difficult?

I believe that will always be a problem with every group until they've, so called "weathered the storm" together. you learn real quick if you've got a slacker ,thief ,jerk, troublemaker, enemy. its one of those deals where you only trust where your perception allows, and the rest is a guarded secret and a watchful eye, but positive results can always be achieved if everyones heart is truly in it. just always be aware of potential problems, they will always exist, no matter how well you're trained or others...SHHHITT HAPPENS

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join