It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Wants To Escape The Impending Doom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If you were offered the opportunity to move to a safe and secure location to avoid an impending doom scenario or even just a sanctuary away from the prying eyes and control of the government would you go?

Ive came to the realization that the world is coming to a point of total Chaos and that its now time for us all to migrate to a secure location somewhere else in the world where we can have a better chance of survival, and that time has presented itself now before we are not able to freely move unrestricted.

chances are you will have to sell everything you own and turn everything into cash to go, and that when you get to sanctuary you will have to work very hard to help prepare in all things, and invest everything you scraped together to help secure tools materials and supplies then dig in for the long hibernation and begin a new way of life.

first you must ask yourself these questions.

what hardships do you think you are capable of enduring?

what scares you more, an unknown enemy or the known?

are you capable of selflessness?

are you capable to protect your sanctuary and fellow sanctuarians, no matter what?

can you be relied upon when the stakes are high?

will you fold under pressure?

do you truly have the will to survive?

are you afraid of small places and the darkness?

are you afraid to die?

are you afraid to live?

are you interested?

are you ready to go?

where is the safest place i can think of and would others agree and follow?

what do i have to offer and not become a burden?

my plan is to migrate high in the mountains, then dig in and build self sustaining survival pods for the long hibernation, create a new way of life and defend for survival.

toss the idea around and if its really something you think you're able we'll discuss organization

edit on 26-5-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Heh might not be too far off man...but honestly I think I'd rather fight for my freedom and die then survive in a world with none!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
Heh might not be too far off man...but honestly I think I'd rather fight for my freedom and die then survive in a world with none!

its best to fight then run away to live to fight another day

besides, they cant kill you if they don't know where you are

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

But natural disasters can

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

I don't have any doubts that every single member of this forum has been placed in multiple databases and they know each and everyone of us by name (the real one). Only thing I take solace in is I travel so much that finding me is the real problem. I feed people disinfo often especially when I just wanna not be bothered. Anyway rest assured they know who you and I are. I would just disappear but really if I can't enjoy life (I am an artist and work as a vendor and sales rep beside my profession) then what's the point of living. I will fight tooth and nail for my right to life liberty and pursuit of happiness! I hold these truths to be self evident... so on and so forth.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Many. I firmly believe the the richest man is not one who has the most, rather, the richest man is one who needs the least. And in that regard, I'm fifthly stinking rich.

Neither. Having enemies in general is what scares me.

Sure am. As a single white male of adult age without children, I have more to sacrifice for others than most.

are you capable to protect your sanctuary and fellow sanctuarians, no matter what?
Ol Betsy would say yes, but she's safely tucked away.

No, I'm a web developer by trade. Anyone else still waiting on their website to be completed?

Nah, I'm too stubborn, and in most cases, could care less about 'pressure'. I was never easily swayed by peers either.

Sure, all life is precious, even mine.

Dunno, will there be spiders? I really hate spiders.

are you afraid to die?
Nah, it's inevitable. I'de rather spend my time not being worried about death and enjoying the life I have while I have it.

are you afraid to live?
Sometimes I find myself fearing life within society. I believe that society shouldn't have a need for rule, but humans can be petty, greedy individuals, and thus we have rule. If all people were decent, then there would be no need or desire for it. People created the right to govern over others, it was never given to them.

are you interested?
Nope

are you ready to go?
I'm always ready to be on the move, and always prepared.

Anywhere clear of social conflict and rapid earth changes. Dunno.

I am self sufficient.

would you drink my Kool-Aide when the time comes
Nope.

Lighterside, why are you replying to this thread then?
Dunno, was bored.

(ok so I added those last 2)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rexamus

only if you're not prepared

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
Many. I firmly believe the the richest man is not one who has the most, rather, the richest man is one who needs the least. And in that regard, I'm fifthly stinking rich.

Neither. Having enemies in general is what scares me.

Sure am. As a single white male of adult age without children, I have more to sacrifice for others than most.

Ol Betsy would say yes, but she's safely tucked away.

No, I'm a web developer by trade. Anyone else still waiting on their website to be completed?

Nah, I'm too stubborn, and in most cases, could care less about 'pressure'. I was never easily swayed by peers either.

Sure, all life is precious, even mine.

Dunno, will there be spiders? I really hate spiders.

are you afraid to die?
Nah, it's inevitable. I'de rather spend my time not being worried about death and enjoying the life I have while I have it.

are you afraid to live?
Sometimes I find myself fearing life within society. I believe that society shouldn't have a need for rule, but humans can be petty, greedy individuals, and thus we have rule. If all people were decent, then there would be no need or desire for it. People created the right to govern over others, it was never given to them.

are you interested?
Nope

are you ready to go?
I'm always ready to be on the move, and always prepared.

Anywhere clear of social conflict and rapid earth changes. Dunno.

I am self sufficient.

would you drink my Kool-Aide when the time comes
Nope.

Lighterside, why are you replying to this thread then?
Dunno, was bored.

(ok so I added those last 2)

good luck

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

If you were offered the opportunity to move to a safe and secure location to avoid an impending doom scenario or even just a sanctuary away from the prying eyes and control of the government would you go?

Most definitely!!! Taking care of my ill elderly mother right now. However, as soon as she has gone, I will be selling everything (but car) and heading to the mountains of NM - which is only about 4-5 hours away from where I currently am. I, in fact, am looking for such a group NOW!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
So many people talk about going off to live in the woods or in the mountains.

To anyone considering this - have you considered the skills it would take to accomplish this? Very, very few people in every day society actually have such skills. Most people complain that they don't know what to do when the cell phone network, internet access, or television broadcasting is down.

Last winter we had several days where members of our community were snowed in. There was also a prolonged power outage (about 3 days). Local civic leaders opened up community halls, churches, schools and fire halls to people so that they'd have somewhere warm to go, and were going door to door telling people to get down there and broadcasting almost endlessly on radio stations about this. After the emergency, people were saying "we had no idea what to do in a power outage". You must be KIDDING me. No one died, but this was a fairly minor outage/emergency for a fairly short time and people didn't have a clue how to deal with it, even with civic officials being available to help out.

If you're truly considering this, I would submit this challenge to you. Take a weeks' worth of supplies into the bush, and go and try and live there off the radar for a month. Do this without a cell phone, without any form of electronic devices such as GPS, no portable television, no radio, no laptop, no email, with only what you can carry with you. You are not allowed into a civilized area to restock supplies, you have to live totally off the land. Off course, you'll be off the beaten track away from civilization in survival mode so you won't be able to drive. You'll have to hike in, and hike out with whatever you can carry.

Assume that any medication you have will probably run out after a few weeks, and will be impossible to resupply. Assume that you will have absolutely no way of finding out what is going on in the rest of the world. Assume that if you get hurt you can't call for help as in a real emergency no one would come, and cell phones won't work anyway.

Oh yes, and do it in Winter, as you can't guarantee that when TSHTF it will be fair weather.,

If you can survive a month, you're probably ready. If you can survive longer than two weeks after your weeks' worth of supplies run out, I'll be very impressed.

Don't just post stories on here about what you would do when TSHTF, go out and do a trial run. No plan is complete without a full dress rehersal.
edit on 26-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
reply to post by anumohi

I don't have any doubts that every single member of this forum has been placed in multiple databases and they know each and everyone of us by name (the real one). Only thing I take solace in is I travel so much that finding me is the real problem. I feed people disinfo often especially when I just wanna not be bothered. Anyway rest assured they know who you and I are. I would just disappear but really if I can't enjoy life (I am an artist and work as a vendor and sales rep beside my profession) then what's the point of living. I will fight tooth and nail for my right to life liberty and pursuit of happiness! I hold these truths to be self evident... so on and so forth.

so what you are saying is that you're trapped and have no plan of escape???

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Land. (Check.)
Water. (Check.)
Shelter. (Check.)
BoB. (Check.)
Heirloom Seeds. (In the mail, on their way, as we type.)

Thankfully I do have a place to run to, but since that's presently not really an option I'll wait it out.

Besides, I'd like to see the fireworks begin.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

To anyone considering this - have you considered the skills it would take to accomplish this? Very, very few people in every day society actually have such skills.

If you're truly considering this, I would submit this challenge to you. Take a weeks' worth of supplies into the bush, and go and try and live there off the radar for a month. Do this without a cell phone, without any form of electronic devices such as GPS, no portable television, no radio, no laptop, no email, with only what you can carry with you. You are not allowed into a civilized area to restock supplies, you have to live totally off the land. Off course, you'll be off the beaten track away from civilization in survival mode so you won't be able to drive. You'll have to hike in, and hike out with whatever you can carry.

Assume that any medication you have will probably run out after a few weeks, and will be impossible to resupply. Assume that you will have absolutely no way of finding out what is going on in the rest of the world.

Oh yes, and do it in Winter, as you can't guarantee that when TSHTF it will be fair weather.,

If you can survive a month, you're probably ready. If you can survive longer than two weeks after your weeks' worth of supplies run out, I'll be very impressed.

Don't just post stories on here about what you would do when TSHTF, go out and do a trial run. No plan is complete without a full dress rehersal.

this isn't a rehearsal, this is a migration and no matter what hardships will need to be endured they will or failure. in life nothing is absolute other than you live until you die.

personally Ive lived in survival mode my entire life so its just life, once others get into the swing of things it will become second nature

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

To anyone considering this - have you considered the skills it would take to accomplish this? Very, very few people in every day society actually have such skills.

Assume that any medication you have will probably run out after a few weeks, and will be impossible to resupply. Assume that you will have absolutely no way of finding out what is going on in the rest of the world.

this isn't a rehearsal, this is a migration and no matter what hardships will need to be endured they will or failure. in life nothing is absolute other than you live until you die.

personally Ive lived in survival mode my entire life so its just life, once others get into the swing of things it will become second nature

You're hardly living in survival mode if you have a computer with internet access.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Champagne

Most definitely!!! Taking care of my ill elderly mother right now. However, as soon as she has gone, I will be selling everything (but car) and heading to the mountains of NM - which is only about 4-5 hours away from where I currently am. I, in fact, am looking for such a group NOW!!

north western NM looks pretty promising but the elevation needs to be beyond 5000 ft in order to sustain a dry line

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

You're hardly living in survival mode if you have a computer with internet access.

what century do you live in bunnies????

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I would, but you see, i'm going to be that guy still living in the urban landscape, maybe even in my house.
if and when SHTF, I think i'm just going to play it out, live a little, have some fun. exactly how i'm living now.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlackOps
Land. (Check.)
Water. (Check.)
Shelter. (Check.)
BoB. (Check.)
Heirloom Seeds. (In the mail, on their way, as we type.)

Thankfully I do have a place to run to, but since that's presently not really an option I'll wait it out.

Besides, I'd like to see the fireworks begin.

I have all those and more, i just haven't an elevation above 5000ft with a deep cave to set up my pod...YET

fireworks at hi altitude are prettier

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I would, but you see, i'm going to be that guy still living in the urban landscape, maybe even in my house.
if and when SHTF, I think i'm just going to play it out, live a little, have some fun. exactly how i'm living now.

there's nothing wrong with that, if that's your answer

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

there's nothing wrong with that, if that's your answer

should I not be able to do as such, then I wouldn't hesitate to join with one of these groups and give my share for the greater good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join