It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Beaches Awash With Dead Fish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) - A surge of cold water generated from an offshore current killed nearly a million adult Atlantic croaker, leaving maintenance crews at local resorts with their hands full of carcasses to clean up.

In Ocean City, maintenance crews scoured the beaches Tuesday picking up and disposing of hundreds of dead Atlantic croaker - a silvery greenish and grayish fish with brassy spots - who succumbed to thermal shock.

link to story here, john

www.wmal.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
These kinds of things happen all the time...

I live about an hour away from Panama City, FL and I remeber going down there one summer on vacation and the morning after we arrived I walked the beach and found 11 beached sharks...all different kinds - one was a hammerhead about 14 feet long

Red tide, forzen fish falling from the sky, schools of fish washing up dead after a storm...they're are cool to see, but smell like $*&#! - lol

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
A sad thing. Yet, an aptly named fish for the event.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Could this fish story have any links to the recent unpredictable and erratic behavior of the gulf stream. There have been cold water blooms showing up in strange places since June. See the link posted HERE. This could be yet another clue to the global climactic event that is impending.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Could water huh? Gee, it wouldn't be the thermohaline circulation breaking down?

top topics

join