It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major flooding shuts down the Interstate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Seems that Wyoming and Montana are getting some pretty heavy weather here and I wanted to share it with you all here at ATS. There are alot of things going on around the country and this is just one small piece in my local area...

billingsgazette.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
i have an aunt that lives in Warden, she's been telling me about the weather over there. She just lost a friend who was building banks by the river when his bulldozer fell in and trapped him underwater. It's sad, i hope things don't get any worse. Positive thoughts your way.

Picture i took last year of the river behind her house.

edit on 25-5-2011 by inthemass because: pic

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by inthemass

I saw the report about the accident...tragic. At first this seemed small compared to the rest of the country, but it seems to be getting worse by the minute. Emergency shelters are starting to fill as hundreds are evacuated and its hard to believe it is right here in my back yard.

Here are a couple pictures from right out my back door...and I am pretty high up in elevation compared to my neighbors...you can see the city alredy has block's ready to go across the roadway.

edit on 25-5-2011 by jerryznv because: add pic.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. My husband is a car hauler. I will pass the info on so he can pass this on to other drivers heading that way. He's in Kentucky heading to Harrisburg PA dodging storms & tornados.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Understanable...I drove truck for years across the nation and you know that road conditions and shut downs are sometimes the difference between a paycheck and a long hold over in the middle of nowhere. Most drivers in this area are probably already aware but for those heading this way or in this area, it may be news.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You know it's serious when I90 is shut down...
I 90 at the 212 junction has been re opened...for now?
It's expected to rain this area of the country, at least, for the next few days.

top topics

join