It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 3,000 Pounds of Ammonium Nitrate Stolen In N.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Volatile Fertilizer Often Used In al Qaeda Truck Bombs.

Nearly 3,000 pounds of stolen ammonium nitrate are unaccounted for in North Carolina, even as the U.S. braces itself against a possible al Qaeda truck bomb attack.

Two and a half tons of ammonium nitrate were stolen from a Royster-Clark fertilizer plant in Winston-Salem, N.C. in early July, according to the Winston-Salem Police Department, consisting of one hundred 50-pound bags.

Mixed with fuel oil, ammonium nitrate is a favored ingredient used in al Qaeda truck bombs. Nearly a month after the theft was reported, 59 bags of the volatile fertilizer are still unaccounted for, police said Monday. Dozens of similar 50-pound bags were purchased by Terry Nichols and Timothy McVeigh for use in the Oklahoma City bombing.

link to story here, john

www.intelwire.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I believe this might be the story that you are talking about

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I wonder if that is the stuff that will be used on the
September 2nd hit that some are expecting.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I haven't seen the news today. I read here that there is a prediction for a September 2nd attack. Scary!

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
you want to know effects and the uses I coverd this from an article in new scientist a few months back its to scary what this stuff can be used for more information in Valhall's post aswell.
ATSNN thermo

top topics

join