It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Chased By Military Jets - Seen By Multiple People In Fairfax County - 2nd Large Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Another UFO sighting in VA with multiple witnesses has occurred. I would include the MUFON stories, of which there are three, but the site is down for maintaince at the moment, and will be back shortly.

Did any of you guys in VA hear these jets or see this thing on April 14?

www.nuforc.org...

"Late last night (on or about 3:08 a.m., 04/14/11) I stepped outside for a smoke. All of a sudden I heard an increasing in volume thunderous roar, approaching from the north-west. This made me look up. It sounded like military jet with the pilots really pushing the pedal to the metal. I did not see the jets, but it sounded like the ones I saw flying over Andrews Airforce base in Maryland. Commercial jets do not sound anything like that and fly much higher. (I see a lot of them, since I live about 15 minutes away from Dulles International Airport). These jets seemed to be flying pretty low and I have never seen or heard them flying over at this time of night - never. I looked up to see what is making all that noise, but did not see the jets."

"However, panning the skies from west to south, I saw what looked like a very bright large star, crossing the sky from west to south in the south-western quadrant of the sky. It had the same bluish-white tint to it that the stars do."

Please read: Posting Work Written by Others!
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
edit on May 25th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Now I don't live in fairfax persay, actually about ten minutes or so away if I'm going down 28. I can't much say that I remember this occurring or having heard anyone that I know mentioning it. I have however noticed a vast amount of the supposed black copters that like to waltz around whenever a sighting occurs.

That said, keep in mind Dulles Airport is even closer than I to fairfax. Bright lights, Jets, and Copters are all a fairly regular occurrence around here. It's not unbelievable that it could be something to do with those.

But it's also not unbelievable to think that it may well have been as the story goes. Basically my point in posting was to point out that there has been a rather heavier than normal helicopter traffic around these parts lately, I even so happened to see two of them pass by rather speedily as I left work earlier.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awolscout
Now I don't live in fairfax persay, actually about ten minutes or so away if I'm going down 28. I can't much say that I remember this occurring or having heard anyone that I know mentioning it. I have however noticed a vast amount of the supposed black copters that like to waltz around whenever a sighting occurs.

That said, keep in mind Dulles Airport is even closer than I to fairfax. Bright lights, Jets, and Copters are all a fairly regular occurrence around here. It's not unbelievable that it could be something to do with those.

But it's also not unbelievable to think that it may well have been as the story goes. Basically my point in posting was to point out that there has been a rather heavier than normal helicopter traffic around these parts lately, I even so happened to see two of them pass by rather speedily as I left work earlier.

WOW. I thought the black helicopter I saw on June 19 was merely coincidence. Myself and and 6 other people had a sighting on June 18, and the next day I saw that chopper 15 minutes before having another sighting. This sighting is a separate event than this one though. I thought it was suspicious, but only considered it to be a coincidence. I could have hit that chopper with a baseball...
edit on 24-5-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Forgot I had these saved...

1) Event Date: 4/14/2011
Submitted: 4/15/2011

“My phone rings and it is my 20 year old son who was about 2 miles from home at a friends home. He next asks me if I heard that plane? I quickly moved outside and continued the conversation and told him there were no jet sounds at my location. His description was that of 2 low flying military jets hitting their afterburners above the residential homes. The jets shook the foundations and rattled the window frames forcing the occupants to step outside to see if a plane was in distress. He then described over the phone only hearing the jets and never physically seeing them. What he did see was an erratic fast moving star sized object one half to one mile altitude making no sound as if it had escaped the jets and continued it's evasive darting and circling flight pattern over the the Herndon/Sterling area. The jets flew within the vicinity for a second pass, but at this point nowhere near the strobe flashing object.”

“His description of the object was a fast 3 pulse strobe of blue/white light followed by a quick single flash then returning to the 3 pulse strobe. The movement was extremely fast with quick turns and circles. The object was out of sight quickly as it is a residential neighborhood with a limited range of low altitude vision. The object was definitely outrunning and eluding the military craft. They wanted it and had no chance whatsoever do to the speed and maneuverability of this object. This object owned the sky! “

“This area is a no fly zone for small general aircraft as we are 20 miles west of Washington DC and as mentioned the final approach for Dulles airport. Any military jet traffic is only for intervention and policing of this no fly zone. The low altitude of the jets scrambling in this vicinity would definitely be monitored by Dulles FAA authorities and force a change or alteration of incoming commercial air traffic. “

“Being an almost daily MUFON reader I believed my son's sighting was worthy of reporting.”

2) Event Date: 4/14/2011
Submitted: 4/15/2011

“On April 13th, around 2 AM (which technically is the early morning of the 14th) I was awakened by the sound of military jets flying over my home. I live right on the Arlington/Falls Church border, about 10 minutes from DC and the Pentagon, so I am very familiar with the sound differences between commercial and military planes. I looked out the window and saw a bluish/white light flash, several times, in different positions each time. It was a cloudy night and each time the light flashed, it lit up the cloud cover near it. I heard the jets clearly, as they were quite loud, but did not see them, probably due to the cloud cover. I have never seen an object flash the way this one had, or move positions so quickly (and none of the positions were linear). I do believe there was a ufo over the skys of Falls Church that night, and military jets where deployed to intercept.”

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Do you think the Black chopper could be like the ones ST6 used to get OBL? Being as they are state of the art and thats what you would want to look for "survivors" or "landings/crashes"

Wish you woulda gotten a vid/pic or sound clip, keep a camera next to your smokes for now on damn it! lol

thanks for sharing

Mac

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420

Do you think the Black chopper could be like the ones ST6 used to get OBL? Being as they are state of the art and thats what you would want to look for "survivors" or "landings/crashes"

Wish you woulda gotten a vid/pic or sound clip, keep a camera next to your smokes for now on damn it! lol

thanks for sharing

Mac

LOL I do now! And the one I saw was your standard Blackhawk, but black and not camo or green.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

the reason i asked is you said it is you said something like you could only hear it and not see itas if it were going away if i read correctly, and that ST6 chopper sounds like its leaving instead of coming. idk just an errant thought lol

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

the reason i asked is you said it is you said something like you could only hear it and not see itas if it were going away if i read correctly, and that ST6 chopper sounds like its leaving instead of coming. idk just an errant thought lol

No I saw it with my own eyes. Flew right over our pipeline so low I could have hit it with a baseball if I aimed well enough.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

ah still, KEEP YOUR CAMERA NEXT TO YOUR CIGGS! haha

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

ah still, KEEP YOUR CAMERA NEXT TO YOUR CIGGS! haha

Yes, indeed.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Every month NORAD does a live fly over exercise in the National Capital region. It is called Falcon Virgo. In April 2011 it was originally scheduled for April 12th but it was delayed due to forecasted bad weather and commenced on April 14th at 12 am.

April Falcon Virgo neighborhood notice

Falcon Virgo Wikipedia article

I saw and heard military jets during the scheduled times of the exercise that night.

FYI, they're pretty open about the nights they do the exercises and DC and surrounding communities alert the public through their email and text message alert systems.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick
Every month NORAD does a live fly over exercise in the National Capital region. It is called Falcon Virgo. In April 2011 it was originally scheduled for April 12th but it was delayed due to forecasted bad weather and commenced on April 14th at 12 am.

I saw and heard military jets during the scheduled times of the exercise that night.

FYI, they're pretty open about the nights they do the exercises and DC and surrounding communities alert the public through their email and text message alert systems.

So were they testing a new aircraft that outmaneuvered our convention ones?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79

Originally posted by angrywhitechick

So were they testing a new aircraft that outmaneuvered our convention ones?

I have no idea what they had in the air that night but usually they are hunting Cessnas:
Civilian Pilots Provide Target Practice

That night I am pretty sure I saw an F-16, flying fairly low, and it lit up the clouds as it banked away from me. There were also a number of helicopters in the air, too.

edit on 5/24/2011 by angrywhitechick because: Misplaced ,

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It would really help if someone knew of a compendium of aircraft lights and beacons so people can identify what is normal.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
It would really help if someone knew of a compendium of aircraft lights and beacons so people can identify what is normal.

There are a couple of resources on the web. Wikipedia has an article that (in my opinion) can be confusing because it talks about both marine and aviation navigation lights.

This article is a good basic discussion on aviation lighting with illustrations.

This pdf article Is written for new pilots about night flying, but the first page or two is helpful since it helps you determine if an aircraft is moving towards you or away from you using the nav lights.

Those resources should be able to help someone determine what is normal-- but at times when NORAD is running exercises do they run normal?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Very nice! I shall examine this.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Bump?

join