It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I filmed something the other night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was looking out of my kitchen window and in the distance I noticed a big light, it was just a bit smaller than the moon, but shinier I told my friend to come and look and he said it was venus, I had seen venus before and I was convinced, it stayed there for a while, so we went back into the living room, then I went back into the kitchen a while later and the thing was still there, I watched it for a while and then it just dropped out of the sky like a meteorite leaving a big trail behind it.

So I went and got my camera, the video you see is the trail in the sky it left, I was filming for a while then on the video at 0:56 there is a huge flash from behind one of the rooftops and a black thing floats along from the the roof to the Ariel, you will probably have to put the video on full screen to see the black object just after the flash, I could see it quite well but the crappy camera doesn't pick it up too well.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

weird flash and i think i did see something small and black after the flash, but its so grainy i cant say for certain. cool vid and I like the accent when you say F--k lol

thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thank you for providing a video you filmed and not some youtube video you got from the web. S&F for you

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The flash looked a little like a firework.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Looks like a F****ing fire F*****ing work to F****ing me.

F****ing right it F****ing does.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The flash - if you pause at the right moment looks very much like a LED flashlight. You will se the similarity if you pause the video at 0:57 when the light fades. It can't be fireworks as there is no particles falling towards the ground.

Cleverly made, but my money is on hoax.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane
The flash - if you pause at the right moment looks very much like a LED flashlight. You will se the similarity if you pause the video at 0:57 when the light fades. It can't be fireworks as there is no particles falling towards the ground.

I promise it is not a hoax. I filmed it as it is.

It is also not a firework, why would just one single random firework go off, and so soon after the thing fell from the sky, also fireworks shot up into the sky, they are very rarely that low.
edit on 24-5-2011 by DEV1L79 because: .

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
After watching it a few times my opinion is that it is something.

Something that is nothing to get worked up about...I don't know if it is a hoax, but I don't think its much.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

I would guess that you saw a LUU-2 Parachute Flare

More on the LUU-2

Picture of a LUU-2 burning

edit on 24-5-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by DEV1L79

More on the LUU-2

That could be a possibility, but I live in the middle of a city (and a pretty poor one) I can't see why a parachute flare would ever go off around here, also it doesn't explain the flash afterwards.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
[

reply to post by DEV1L79

More on the LUU-2

That could be a possibility, but I live in the middle of a city (and a pretty poor one) I can't see why a parachute flare would ever go off around here, also it doesn't explain the flash afterwards.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The flash that appears just above the rooftop is unusual.
Because we don't actually see the object falling from the sky, as you described, the trail in the sky just looks like any other contrail I.M.O.

edit on 24-5-2011 by rykc27 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEV1L79

reply to post by DEV1L79

More on the LUU-2

Is there a military base nearby?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

reply to post by DEV1L79

More on the LUU-2

Is there a military base nearby?

No no military bases in Newcastle, but there have been a lot of fires in the north east of England lately, big big fires, Newcastle, Yorkshire, Loughbrough etc.. with no reason given as to why, a big fire in Newcastle the other day.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
very interesting shame you didn't film it before it fell from the sky i don't think it would be a parachute flare the military would not deploy something like that over a huge urban area like newcastle

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

I promise it is not a hoax. I filmed it as it is.

It is also not a firework, why would just one single random firework go off, and so soon after the thing fell from the sky, also fireworks shot up into the sky, they are very rarely that low.
edit on 24-5-2011 by DEV1L79 because: .

Your promise is good enough for me.

It's just that my suspicious mind starts to work overtime, when somebody - like you good self - posts a video of something that they claim to film while at the same time do not keep in the center of the frame.
It makes it look like a hoax because the light looks like and fades just like a 7 LED flashlight while at the same time the choice of frame is conveniently covering both the object in question and the surprise appearence of a flash of light.

Sorry. I've been around for too long and I've become a suspicous old bugger.

EDIT:
Oh. I forgot to mention the lack of exitement in the dialogue. I think I would have expected something like : Whoa. Did you see that? Did you see that flash? What the ffff was that?

But of course. I don't really know if "Well interesting" is Geordie way of saying just that.
edit on 26.5.2011 by HolgerTheDane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Nice thread OP, you're lucky to have a cam handy. I was sat out in my garden with my wife and 2 friends when we all saw something strange in the sky. I'm completely open minded, but what we all saw was something changing direction, rapidly. I'm not in a position to propose an explanation but myself and my friend have both purchased HD cams incase we see something like that again. S&F

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Could be a meteor. The light you saw could be meteor burning up in the atmosphere. I saw one last year, it has broken up with a flash, leaving a similar smoke trail.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WideOpenSpace
Could be a meteor. The light you saw could be meteor burning up in the atmosphere. I saw one last year, it has broken up with a flash, leaving a similar smoke trail.
I did think it was a meteor, I definitely wish I had of got it falling, it was sitting stationary for ages, that is why I didn't film it at first i just thought it was a star, maybe venus, I went back later and watched it for a while then it just drop leaving the smoke behind it.

I keep looking out of the window to see something again but I haven't as of yet but if I do I will post it up.

top topics

join