It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your sprit alive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
We all have a physical age, however, in terms of what can be called our "life essence" I find that there are many who are much older than they appear when looked at from the inside - it seems that thier spirits have "fallen" on an interior level. Many people seem to be dead souls in living bodies, as opposed to being living spirits with a vitalised astral presence - the extent of this inner light/life being something that varies between individuals who are still "alive".

The "energy" as it were, is a kind of animal innocence, and also a connection to the natural grid of energies, a deep connection to the realm of the living.
edit on 24-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
We all have a physical age, however, in terms of what can be called our "life essence" I find that there are many who are much older than they appear when looked at from the inside - it seems that thier spirits have "fallen" on an interior level. Many people seem to be dead souls in living bodies, as opposed to being living spirits with a vitalised astral presence - the extent of this inner light/life being something that varies between individuals who are still "alive".

The "energy" as it were, is a kind of animal innocence, and also a connection to the natural grid of energies, a deep connection to the realm of the living.

What kind of question is that, Friend? Of course your Spirit is alive, otherwise your carbon based body would fall down dead. The Spirit is what animates human beings. And you are right, my own Spirit is very old, ancient, in fact. I have memories that go back a very long way, to another world, in fact.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Good answer. I am very intrigued by the veil of forgetfulness idea. Since we are both creators and observer in this life, we must come here with a clean slate and little to no memories of our past estate. This allows us to live by faith and not by the overall awareness we had in our first estate with God. As we live, we do not learn. We regain our first memories as realizations of truth. God exists in all possibility at rest. We exist in a temporal and spatial point within this infinity of possibility as observers. As we live, we collapse the indeterminate wave of probability from the infinity of possible futures. In essence, we are living out a story that is told to us as we progress. Most of the story is fixed as destiny. The part we act out in this play of life becomes our unique part of the performance. God is the director and we are the actors. When the curtain (Veil) is lifted, we realize the various stories we were told by the lives we lived.

Confucius said, "I hear I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."

Quote from my blog. "No matter where we go, there we will be, and until we realize that we can only be where we go, we will only be where we are."

“Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life to carry out; a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone’s task is as unique as his specific opportunity to implement it.” Victor Frankl

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by SystemResistor

What kind of question is that, Friend? Of course your Spirit is alive, otherwise your carbon based body would fall down dead. The Spirit is what animates human beings. And you are right, my own Spirit is very old, ancient, in fact. I have memories that go back a very long way, to another world, in fact.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
My spirit is still acting as a teenager. The day I start to feel old inside is the day it is time to move on to the next realm.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The ancients classified humans in two categories: The Devas and Asuras. The Asuras are the ones with no soul (they are alive but in the inside, they're already dead) and the Devas, the ones who follow their inner light and seek their true nature:

Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 16: Deva and Asura

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Very interesting. I often wonder if parts of the populations of earth are only automatons, acting out a specific roles, while all the rest of us are the 'real' participants in life. It is very fascinating to fill someone in on a truth, only to watch them act in a robotic way as if not hearing what was said. There are other who, when spoken to, react with interest and delight about what is said. The Bible says very clearly, "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it." I'm sure, if we only knew true reality, we would be acting much different each day.

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
The ancients classified humans in two categories: The Devas and Asuras. The Asuras are the ones with no soul (they are alive but in the inside, they're already dead) and the Devas, the ones who follow their inner light and seek their true nature:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I can explain it perhaps with a more advanced framework:

When you incarnate, of course, you a have a soul-consciousness, but you would have emerged from the realm of dead souls if you "incarnated". When you were born, your physical body, the physical animal, had a "spirit" that provides the essential energies for the growth of the spiritual body. Being alive, the spirit maintains an existence within the body, however, if we abuse our bodies through the pursuit of carnal desires, if we damage the spirt by wasteful activities, then it "falls" and we lose the naturally occuring "light" that is within our bodies.

Many children have it, however most children seem to "fall" from this "innocence" in thier mid-teens. I have a theory, that our animal being "dies" when it ceases to be able to carry on its "life force", nature removing the connection if we become a spiritual drain on the system. When it comes to incarnation, natural incarnation should be a compilation of various individuals from the past, fabricating a new personality in the individual that is born, and induced incarnation involves "fallen souls" that used to be "alive" on the spiritual planes, and have entered a physical body so that they can get a "boost".

It paints a more complex picture than the more linear ideas of incarnation and reincarnation that we are used to. Basically, our bodies carry a fresh being that is alive on its own terms, and we are beings that have taken control of the body due to family connections, or "incarnations", and it is our ability to assimilate with the naturally born being (that is essentially a fresh animal) or allow it to die and take control of the body as our own. Although, the opposite can be the case, where the natural person "sheds" the being that incarnated into them, and they continue an existence as a new individual, or are subsequently "repossesed" by a more powerful being.

I believe that incarnation is more of an upside-down tree, basically, we are multiple individuals with no memory of each other, that is, we are made from multiple people, but we never "were" them although we "are" them. Those that "return" to being "incarnate" might pick up some new characteristics in the process of rebirth, until they gain enough strength to be re-born as an independent soul in the spiritual planes.

That being said, no two people can share being the same person from the past, and no individual can be comprised of two people who existed at the same point in time, and on the surface of that, it appears as a linear chain of incarnations, even though it is not exactly the case.

Although its difficult to understand, ultimatley, there is a field of consciousness that contains everyone, and individual expressions or "beings" are taken from various pieces of the fabirc to generate new beings. Ultimatley, we can all trace ourselves back to the stages of animal evolution, and ultimatley to a point where we were all the same being that divided itself into multiple expressions.

All that being said, I believe that there is a kind of "critical mass" where a consciousness separates itself from the "fabric" and becomes immortalised as its own self-referential reality, otherwise called an "immortal", although I am still speculating on this.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

I think it really comes down to who choses to progress their spirit and who does not. I don't believe anyone is born without a soul / spirit. Life would be pointless for that individual having nothing before birth or after death.

Some chose to walk a path of light, others chose darkness... but we're all headed in the same direction.

Its like the story of the tribe whos goal was to reach the peak of a mountian... Some chose the long way around, others chose to cut through the bush and climb.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

On further reflection, what I am trying to say, is that there is a "source" where the spiritual energy originates from, that is a natural matrix of spiritual energies that envelops the entire planet, to all the living creatures, and forms a part of the living ecosystem or living sphere of living spirits as opposed to the dead sphere of dead spirits. There are simply those who have lost thier connection to this source, who have ceased to resonate with the living field of the planet in a way that generates a stable equilibrium of spiritual energy.

In terms of identifying incarnations, I have been perplexed at various points, as sometimes I realise that there different fluxes of individualisation that operate through my awareness, bringing into question the linearity of my "self".

There is a more advanced idea however, that might offer a solution - as opposed to a linear set of incarnations, we might actually have what is called "simultaneous" incarnations across multiple individuals in what is actually a flux-like reality, the "present" only existing as the concrete "centre" of an essentially unstable and dynamic set of alternate possibilities.

For that reason, it would make it difficult to identify a set of past "lives" as all of our incarnations would be experienced simultaneously.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Personally I make the disctinction between humans as those who believe in matter over mind and those who believe in mind over matter.

Those who believe in matter over mind are usually the more 'scientific' people who dismiss any notion of anything other than the material. They explain their discomforts by pointing to physical causes and try to fix those discomforts by physical means (medication). They usually identify themselves completely with the physical body almost as if they've created it themselves and typically dismiss the idea of an entity that is connected in some way to the body which operates it. Instead they have an almost mechanical way of thinking where all actions (and reactions) are logical consequences of previous ones. Anyone not reacting according to their logic is simply mentally ill or has some defect.

Those who believe in mind over matter point to misunderstandings or lack of knowledge of the mind as the cause of negative physical manifestations. They are usually well in control of their own actions and reactions in contrast to the former.

For example, the former might be taught the appropriate reaction to any sexual stimuli is to become aroused under a certain set of conditions, mostly appearance based but also a large part based on social values (clothing, salary, marital status). They have also been taught those reactions are normal and how to ignore or suppress those reactions but never to completely shut them out by preventing such reactions. Only those who know it is mind over matter can prevent such reactions to arise by reprogramming their spirit and so reprogramming their bodily reactions, those are the ones I consider to have the lights on.

One is ahead of the physical reactions and therefor controls and steers them, the other is always one step behind the physical body and is controlled by it's stimuli. As the latter grows up they reach a certain age when there are no really new situations and all they do is resort to memory that dictates their (re)actions.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Spirit is aliveness itself.
It is what is doing everything, it is doing sensation.
It is the 'being' that you are.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I have noticed this, many people seem to believe that they "can't help" thier emotions, or that they are defined by thier emotions and instincts. It might also explain much of the science that attempts to define consciousness as a product of the brain, and behaviours a product of the brain - as such individuals would not be connected from a higher realm, they can only see themselves from the point of view of the physical/corporeal world, and as much as we would like to explain the spiritual world to them, they are not in a position of empathy and generally deny the existence of such a realm. Its not to say that such people do not have a spirit, but they have young spirits, that are usually very innocent, and usually heavily guarded by various emotional mechanisms and neuroses, and usually after the "fall" during early childhood to late adolescence there is a feeling of loss and usually a vein attempt to mimic the innocence that they once had. I find it even with early teens, usually when there is a moment of "honesty", where the voice is produced from within, there is generally an akward silence during the conversation, representing the level of spiritual denial that is prevalent in todays soceity.

I.e.

Note the lyrics in this song, basically describing the process. A "good" girl going bad, is, essentially, the process of spoiling ones spirit, as the "innocence" produces too much anxiety and repression in the modern individual due to the nature of sin, or the pursuit of sexual gratification over reproduction, thus, denying the true evolution to adulthood.

Personally, it has been an uphill struggle to maintain my ensoulment/empathy, what pains me even more is that those who realise that there are distinctions between people spiritually, usually single out myself and other individuals, usually becoming envious or anxious at people who generate spiritual current, often trying to believe there is some kind of "secret" to it, or even worse trying to siphon off the energy as if it was some kind of "money". They are too blind to realise the nature of "sin", and that myself and other individuals don't really have a secret "power" - we simply did the right thing, as from a young age, I had an innate knowledge of the nature of the natural spiritual/energetic system of the body, and the myriad of dellusions and temptations of the ego...

Currently, they are playing the "big deception" - with countless individuals believing in some kind of "shift" or change that is going to happen to them, only to be surprised when they are "harvested".
edit on 26-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm enjoying reading thru your thread, but I'm too out of it to really sit here commenting at the moment - perhaps you might have something to add to my new one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ex

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
ABC News Woman awakens frοm surgery language іn foreign accent .
Aѕ medical oddities ɡο, thіѕ incident stands out:
A lifelong inhabitant οf Oregon wеnt tο thе dentist fοr surgery аnԁ awakened frοm sedation
language іn a British, οr somewhat-British, accent.
Thе 56-year-ancient woman appeared Thursday οn NBC's “Now,”

HERE

A Yorkshire man woke up from brain surgery to find he'd turned from a flat vowelled,
thrifty dalesman into a blarney kissing, 'Danny Boy' singing, happy-go-lucky Dubliner.

Yorkshire man wakes up Irish after brain surgery

Foreign Accent Syndrome

I think there is more to the human spirit than we will ever realize in this life !

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Good answer and theology here, thank you friend.
second line.

new topics

top topics

join