It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What knife do you carry??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Heres a question what knife do you carry around most of the time...
In the city and outside...
For me In the city most of my time or in a park I carry a [SNIP]. Wdyt? Cool, or not? In the bush I usally carry the same unless its a remote area or i dont know the area then I carry 1 or 2 knives.. be it a sog gov tac or a grohmann Orginal #1
For me i find it harder to carry a fixed blade even though I like them better because they are longer and to carry them legally is a pain.. Plus you get some looks if you carry a knife on you if its on your belt..
So what about you?
edit on 5/24/2011 by benevolent tyrant because: MOD EDIT: to correct thread title: "u" to "you"

Mod Edit: Removed advertisement/Spam
edit on 1-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I carry a kabar, mounted horizontally on my belt (lower back). Its hidden by my shirt this way. No odd looks, cause no one knows its there.

Something kinda like this.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zirazira

Interesting question. If I am in a populated area, I carry a folding lock knife with corkscrew. It is a common implement to carry in these parts as it is not considered to be a weapon. Also great for eating cheese, sausage and opening good French wine.

When I am out and about, I carry a small sheath that contains two Unified Cutlery Push Daggers. This fits neatly into the small of my back for rapid deployment.

In the forest/maontains when camping and hiking, I carry a large Bowie style knife, a British Royal Marine dagger and in my backpack I carry a 30 inch machette.

link   
A kitchen knife wrapped in my best friend's sock, it's sharp as hell. My best friend has size 16 feet, we laugh on it alot. He bought me the knife.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

link   
I carry a two edged sword, its called "the word of god"!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Nice knife, good size. Does it have a full handle tang?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
smith & wesson s.w.a.t. II It a very handy knife.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I have a folding Gerber. In my car is a Smith and Wesson big utility knife that is great for throwing. You never know when you mite need one.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Most Ka-bars do, yes.

link   
Right now just a swiss army knife. Used to carry the small gerber applegate/fairbarn combat folder, but lost it.

P.S. Some of you need to be careful when carrying anything over 3 inches concealed. Nice little felony right there in most states in the U.S. Check your local laws!

Deebo
edit on 24-5-2011 by Deebo because: add

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
I carry a kabar, mounted horizontally on my belt (lower back). Its hidden by my shirt this way. No odd looks, cause no one knows its there.

Something kinda like this.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

Heh, same as Mactire actually. Old bowie knife, bought in the Philippines by my grandpa in WW2.

To the OP, I think your knife is fine (and legal). I prefer knives that aren't stainless, as I tend to use my blade often (cleaning my nails, ahem)

I like to be able to keep it nice and sharp.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i carry my gerber with me everywhere i go and my scubapro shark knife when i need a heavy blade...the sword stays home to defend against the zombies...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

kinda new to uploading pics on here sorry if its too big or blurry, took it with a cell phone camera. I have a Dakota stainless steel knife. Nothing too special got it for like 20 bucks at a gas station.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
S&W SpecOps folder. Works great at work for opening boxes. I feel naked without it. Oh yeah, haters gonna hate, always.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Day to day work knife, one of these. www.cvknives.com...
It isn't a lump, sharpens easy and, is a nice looking knife.

Bangin around the woods I've been carrying one of these lately. www.barkriverknifetool.com...

I'm pretty happy with it but I have quite a few and switch around a lot. Actually just started making a couple so I can at least try to get them just how I want them.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I carry two in fact, at all times. One is an Uncle Henry three blade. Slightly modified. And the other is a Frost Termite. And anyone that knows the the Termite, knows it is a lethal weapon. Also very illegal where I live. I have a very special place I hide it in my shoes, and boots.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silverbullett

same knife just different name

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join