It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Million Spy Reports + 200,000 Warrant-less Searches on US Citizens This Year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Rand Paul, son of Ron Paul and current US senator, addresses congress to discuss over 1 million spy reports and 200,000 warrant-less searches to take place this year under the Patriot Act:

I thought the notable quote was "If we give up our liberty and trade it for security... we'll have neither." Of course Ben Franklin was first one to mention that quote.

Rand Paul was recently put through an ATS smear campaign thread when one of his supporters was accused of stomping on a woman's head. It received 63 flags and counting. What I'm bringing up is vastly more important, so logically I can expect it to receive less than 6 flags (if any).

Rand Paul miraculously waded through all the smear campaigns, somehow achieved support of select people within the GOP establishment despite being an outsider, and somehow went on to win the Kentucky Senate seat. Contrary to people *claiming* Rand Paul is busy working to legalize heroin and rob old ladies of Social Security payments, what Rand Paul is actually doing in the senate are things like voicing strong opposition to the Patriot Act.

I'm extremely happy with Rand Paul's record so far, who spoke at the FIRST in-person "tea party movement" event on December 14, 2008 in Boston. The first modern tea party event was the December 2007 Ron Paul money bomb, and the first in-person tea party event was by Rand Paul in December of 2008 in Boston. Within months of the movement taking off there was loud complaint about how mainstream Republicans were butting themselves into the spotlight and essentially claiming credit for it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The real patriot act, is the act of Rand Paul standing up to congress like he is right now... True patriot family.

I hope he has some good security, hes gonna need it after this speech... (If not I'll be one!)

Legalize the constitution!

EDIT: Good points about setting ourselves up for tyranny, and a bringing in a despot at the end of the video... that day might be close too
edit on 23-5-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Ive always liked Rand. I was a bit skepitcal about him at first, but so far he has been doing pretty darn good in my book.

Heres an article from today talking about extending the Patriot Act. (Same as OP video)

Anti-terror law clears hurdle, faces objections

Heres a short piece in the article what Rand said about it. Around 7:45 in the OP video.

"We were so frightened after 9/11 that we readily gave up these freedoms," said Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky. "We really should sunset the entire Patriot Act and protect our liberties the way it was intended by our Founding Fathers."

edit on 23-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

I noticed your pervasive use of the name Rand Paul considerably in the way you wrote your piece.

Direct marketing guru Dan Kennedy is a famed proponent of the use of sequential mailings. His recommendation, one that has been proven over and over, is that a series of three mailings that have crafted messages with irresistible offers will attract potential customers. Other experts say it takes six to eight times of "touching" a prospect before they get in purchase-readiness mode-one that puts you at the forefront of their awareness so when it comes time for them to want or need your product, they immediately think of you.

Source...

I am wondering if this has anything to do with what your saying...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
statement retracted
nevermind
edit on 5/23/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
but I do agree the Patriot Act needs
to be repealed.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
well said Rand , if only more people in power had his beliefs.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I just re-watched it... At the very beginning as they acknowledge rand paul, they all look to their left(off screen)... Where he was making the speech just wasnt on the frontal camera thats used at the beginning and end

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
upon further evidence
I retract my statements

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hmm.. Im not seeing it...

Im just watching the first few seconds, and last few... and I dont see ron paul. and they are looking to their left(right of your screen) to acknowledge speakers...

I did think the guy with the posters was a little out of place though lol

oh wow!! I just saw something... at 11:00 in the video... The time switches from 4:49 to 1:49... maybe you are on to something big, boondock

Actually the time seems to be switching around ALOT, just by dragging the timer thing across the video, it changes tons of time
edit on 23-5-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
oh wow!! I just saw something... at 11:00 in the video... The time switches from 4:49 to 1:49... maybe you are on to something big, boondock

lol
no that is just the network time being
adjusted between Pacific time
and eastern time.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Rand Paul...

He's that lasik doctor that I didnt vote for

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
All searches are going to be warrant-less for too long. The need for a warrant is going to be done away with.

In not the too far future:

Poilice: "This is the police we are here to search the house"

Home owner: " For what and do you have a warrant?"

Police: "We will know when we find it. A warrant? What is a warrant? I have never heard of one before."

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

I noticed your pervasive use of the name Rand Paul considerably in the way you wrote your piece.

Direct marketing guru Dan Kennedy is a famed proponent of the use of sequential mailings. His recommendation, one that has been proven over and over, is that a series of three mailings that have crafted messages with irresistible offers will attract potential customers. Other experts say it takes six to eight times of "touching" a prospect before they get in purchase-readiness mode-one that puts you at the forefront of their awareness so when it comes time for them to want or need your product, they immediately think of you.

Source...

I am wondering if this has anything to do with what your saying...

Very good eye. Yes, I did mention Rand Paul several times over because I think he is the real story here. Why? Most of us on ATS already know the US severely disrespects our privacy and the 4th amendment of the US constitution. We don't know so much how a good sounding guy will behave once he actually gets power. It was a half-conscious effort to mention his name because I support them both, and I do want everyone to remember their names which once again are Ron Paul, and Rand Paul
. I'll take your post as a compliment to my writing abilities.

Last week, Rand Paul was on MSNBC saying he was disappointed about the lack of debate in the senate and expressed that very publicly, which was very politically incorrect. This week he has a good size time slot on the senate floor and look how he used it. He has my support because he deserves it... and if he started doing things I didn't like I wouldn't hesitate to express that on ATS. In fact I did criticize the one thing he did so far that I wasn't 100% happy with.
edit on 23-5-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Very well said. I believe he offers a good debate, valid truths to what is going on. Especially for the fact he brought up "I have nothing on me, so why should I worry?", that many people express but never see how detrimental that thought process can be.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Like father, like son.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
All searches are going to be warrant-less for too long. The need for a warrant is going to be done away with.

In not the too far future:

Poilice: "This is the police we are here to search the house"

Home owner: " For what and do you have a warrant?"

Police: "We will know when we find it. A warrant? What is a warrant? I have never heard of one before."

The future is already here fixer. Look what the Indiana Supreme Court said recently.

www.scribd.com...

Warrants have gone out the window in the modern world.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the antichrist!!!

I just thought I'd throw that out there. I have no base for this claim, and I personally like the guy, but I've learned to place caution on anything that seems too good to be true. He may be the next great American President, or he may end up being a wolf in sheep's wool. Time will tell, but if he turns out to be the latter, I reserve the right to say
"I told ya so".

Bilderberg [allegedly] hates this guy, so that makes him look better in my eyes, but you have to wonder what his chances of winning are without the 'berg getting his back?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Even if Rand Paul is the real deal...do you all not suppose THEY have his clone growing in a vat now who will replace him if he is ever elected?

I believe that if we are indeed in as bad shape as I think, that TPTB have covered all bases.

Until we get rid of our current election system, we will never get a decent person to govern America.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I didn't know he had a son who is also in politics and just like his dad!

If Ron Paul doesn't get the Presidentacy of 2012 I'm moving to another country. Maybe AU or NZ, or some sweet little island somewhere

Anyway, thanks for the post! I'll be sure to spread this around

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join