It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judgment Day Predictor Harold Camping Speaks Out (Live Blog)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I'm all for love and forgiveness and all, but this guy knows what his predictions did to people and yet he keeps on. Maybe he's just old and senile because I would think that anyone with the tiniest bit of common sense would just learn to shut up and keep any predictions quiet. I don't think he's trying to "save" anyone. Sounds to me like he just wants to prove to everyone that he's right so he can say "I told you so!" Not that he'll ever be able to because he doesn't have a clue when the world will end.

I do have to admire your attitude though. It is refreshing to see here on ATS.
edit on 5/23/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I understand completely, and I think he needs to be corrected on the matter, for his own good and to prevent further issues that can stem from it. I'm by no means condoning what he's doing or what it's caused.

And perhaps he is old and senile, but just from what bit I've actually seen of him, I can't see any malice or greed behind it (yes, could be 100% wrong, agreed).

But this is the sticking point I'm getting caught on, as I'm exploring and trying to realize my own faith - how much more and worse did christ forgive and die for, and doesn't the bible teach believers that we are to forgive as we've been forgiven?

Not pushing this at anyone, probably mainly saying all this for my own benefit as I try to work through it, but this is where I'm caught up and is really the only way I can see Camping here. Sorry for the sidetrack.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I would like to see Harold Camping predict what kinda boots are going to hurt more when I put one up his loony ass. My jungle boots with ripple sole or my steel toed 5.11 boots. He's gotta take his pick.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Well while some are calling for forgiveness, why I don't really know, because we should be judging the action, not the person.

In this situation I would prefer to see justice done. A person in the position of leadership who asks for the trust of his followers can expect to have a certain number of *vulnerable* people in that group. There are laws to protect the vulnerable, and in this case the laws should be applied. If upon investigation he is proven incompetent, then the radio licensing could be reviewed in order to protect the public from a scam, for instance. He could be forced to return the moneys, etc.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Well while some are calling for forgiveness, why I don't really know, because we should be judging the action, not the person.

By way of explanation, I'm just working to realize what my claimed faith actually means in my life...read Matthew chapter 5 in the christian bible for clarity on what I'm working with. I know I can only speak for myself on this, as well as how I would *wish* to someday see the entire world. And agreed, we should definitely be judging the action - in addition to correcting the man ('love the sinner - hate the sin').

In this situation I would prefer to see justice done. A person in the position of leadership who asks for the trust of his followers can expect to have a certain number of *vulnerable* people in that group. There are laws to protect the vulnerable, and in this case the laws should be applied. If upon investigation he is proven incompetent, then the radio licensing could be reviewed in order to protect the public from a scam, for instance. He could be forced to return the moneys, etc.

I have to agree, but also admit this is a muddled situation. There are shades of confidence scam (I don't see that intent here, though), but a long-standing rule in consumer markets is "Buyer beware". Politically I'm libertarian and this somewhat falls under a breach of contract situation, for lack of a better term - so if there were any legal terms or promises broken, those so harmed are fully justified to pursue any avenues they have under the law to try to reclaim their investments, as well as prevent further harm.

Also, back to the bible angle, I believe Camping's ministry should definitely should return anything they can to any who seek such from them. Matthew 5.23-25 and 40-42 seem to apply directly here. Apologies for any confusion, I'm definitely not saying we should just disregard the situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join