It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judgment Day Predictor Harold Camping Speaks Out (Live Blog)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Im not sure what radio station this is but this web-site is covering all the juicy details LIVE!! Enjoy!!

Live Blog!!

A reporter at the Family Radio station: "On Oct. 21, will you give away all your worldly possessions?"

Camping: "I still have to live in my house...I still have to pay my bills...I still have to live until the end. The end is five months away."

Reporter: "How about on the day before, the 20th?"

Camping: "What would be the value of that?...If it's Judgment Day, it's the end of the world."

"It is true that a few people have" quit jobs or depleted life savings to donate to Family Radio or spread his Judgment Day message, Camping says, but he says he never told people to do that.

"There are people who for example that have given up their jobs...to work for Family Radio, given their time, and they do because they love the Lord."

After being asked again and again if he will apologize for being wrong about May 21, Camping finally does.

"If people want me to apologize, I will apologize...I did not have all that worked out as accurately as I should have had it. That doesn't bother me at all."

Camping reiterates that he still believes Judgment Day came -- just quietly.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just click on the above "Live Blog" link and scroll down.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think we should give this guy a judgement day of his own!

Any and all suggestions should be humored!

I can't speak as to anyone else's beliefs, but I think we should love and forgive him. Lots of people are wrong quite frequently, and believe in their wrongness quite strongly.

If he was wrong it would be OK. But this man orchestrated an intentional hoax in which money and publicity was gained. Sheeple unfortunately acted on his words and now have to live with the consequences.
He is no different then the investment bankers that embezzle money given there word for expertise in the subject of how to spend your money.

Throw this piece of trash to the wolves!

edit on 5/23/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

I can't speak as to anyone else's beliefs, but I think we should love and forgive him. Lots of people are wrong quite frequently, and believe in their wrongness quite strongly.

I am no exception. Do the same to me as you'll do to him, as I deserve the same for all the wrong I have done to others intentionally or accidentally throughout my life.

Oh krikey. Of COURSE that post had to be #666.

Goodness.
edit on 5/23/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This guy is basically saying that he's not returning ANY money, "judgement" occurred it was just "spiritual" and we didn't feel it and the world will end on Oct 21 in an instant (no exact time this time lol) instead of 5 months of turmoil. This stuff is PRICELESS!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
From the live blog you've posted here is one of his comments that I think is telling.

Camping says he does "not take responsibility. I don't have spiritual rule of anybody, except my wife," he chuckles. "Because as head of the household I have spiritual rule over my wife."

Geez. Disclosure - I do wish to divine intervention in our affairs on this earth but I'm a realist and I don't believe I've seen it (divine intervention) yet...I'm still hopeful. This guy is pretty hateful and arrogant, IMO.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by AnteBellum

I am no exception. Do the same to me as you'll do to him, as I deserve the same for all the wrong I have done to others intentionally or accidentally throughout my life.

Oh krikey. Of COURSE that post had to be #666.

Goodness.
edit on 5/23/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

I don't despise the man in any way, shape or form. i DO believe however that if there is any truth to the Bible he would be a prime candidate for hell. Im no God nor a judge (that i know of) so for now im just being entertained by his antics.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Camping is like the major troll of all time and
you know we shouldn't never feed a troll.
I find this whole thing very disturbing - ok
I was really going to say disgusting, so there
I said it. I am thinking of the lives he destroyed
and that includes children.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Post again soon and you'll feel better. Lots of us have had to get through post #666. Thank you for your post and your candor. I really need to work on forgiveness and love too...it's difficult for me sometimes when what I think I am seeing is arrogance, hate, blame and exclusion.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Just as I can't agree with his judgement on this, I also cannot agree with your assessment.

As far as I can tell, he sincerely believes in this whole mission of his, and - for good or ill - he put in the work to make something successful of it. I can only wish that all of us can someday say the same for our beliefs, and I can't fault his intent even if the application was wrong.

To move forward appropriately, the best thing would be to attempt to edify and correct him to prevent further error and misleading, as well as outreach to help those suffering as a result of all this, as well as otherwise in this life.

I'll continue to do what little bit I can and only wish I could (or *would*) do more actively. I've already reached out to his ministry today with some guidance and encouragement, which I hope they'll take into consideration.

Thanks, and be well.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

As far as I can tell, he sincerely believes in this whole mission of his, and - for good or ill - he put in the work to make something successful of it. I can only wish that all of us can someday say the same for our beliefs, and I can't fault his intent even if the application was wrong.

Excuse me if I am wrong.

For I am not a religious scholar but didn't SATAN follow this same rational?
How about Hitler he thought he was right also?
edit on 5/23/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

When asked about people who depleted their life savings to help spread Campings message

Camping declines to offer them help.

He says the country experienced a recession. "Lots of people lost their homes" and jobs. But he says "they survived."

"People cope. People cope," says Camping.

He says job, housing and investment loses during the recent economic decline are far worse than what "the average Family Radio listener" has experienced.

Source

I understand he may feel all of this is real but so does a schizophrenic, this man is obviously delusional. The very book that he claims to decode PLAINLY states that he is wrong, no "decoding" needed!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The conspiracy theorist in me can't help but entertain the idea that this is all some sort of psyop. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

What if having this blown up to insane proportions and being plastered all over the world by the media, was effectively to make everyone really believe it was to be the end? Then of course, when October 21 rolls around, by then everybody who placed their faith in the man and his prediction, no longer cares or believes a word he says, unprepared for the actual end, and we're all wiped out by an asteroid, or (insert whatever earth-shattering events you wish here).

Of course, let it be known I don't believe any of this, I just can't help but throw it out there and would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it briefly.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Excuse me if I am wrong.

For I am not a religious scholar but didn't SATAN follow this same rational?

No worries AB, I'm in the same boat.

That's actually a quite involved discussion and I am inclined to play devil's advocate - pun only somewhat intended

This is a contentious issue for me - as I read the bible, I mainly find Satan falling into the role of god's prosecuting attorney - allowed to roam and test people in their lives to continue that choice which began in the garden with the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

In Job (the book), he comes to heavenly board meeting with the other sons of god to report on his actions and work without effect other than the testing of Job himself, and also argued with Michael over the body of Moses as mentioned in Jude.

The verses that speak unwell of him imply that his actions were done out of pride and a lust for power as an act of rebellion, which I really don't get in the case in the case of Camping, so it's hard for me to draw parallels here.

I know that probably won't be popular subject matter to discuss, but if I can muster the effort, I might have to try to put together a research thread on Satan sometime. It's quite a convoluted tale that I'm still trying to sort out.

Take care.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obscure Perception
The conspiracy theorist in me can't help but entertain the idea that this is all some sort of psyop. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

What if having this blown up to insane proportions and being plastered all over the world by the media, was effectively to make everyone really believe it was to be the end? Then of course, when October 21 rolls around, by then everybody who placed their faith in the man and his prediction, no longer cares or believes a word he says, unprepared for the actual end, and we're all wiped out by an asteroid, or (insert whatever earth-shattering events you wish here).

Of course, let it be known I don't believe any of this, I just can't help but throw it out there and would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it briefly.

The thing is he isn't talking about an asteroid or aliens...... he's saying Jesus Christ is coming back to Earth for Armageddon. That is what you would call a False Prophet who is ridiculing the very "religion" he claims to preach.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I think there was another thread stating that on Oct 21st comet elenin will be at it's closest point to the earth, I wonder if this has something to do with his prophecy.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You should do a satan thread!

I did one for my 666 post!
ATS Link

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The poor man obviously has some form of elderly dementia.....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

I possibly didn't explain that very well. I should have mentioned, I'm well aware of who he is and what he's been preaching, but what if it was all part of the plan? Get everyone believing Armageddon is about to begin, the rapture is going to occur etc. Then it doesn't.

He moves on to October 21 (which I believe is when he said it would all end for everyone anyway). Starts preaching again, but this time absolutely nobody is listening, and nobody pays him any attention. Then bang, something really does happen and everyone is unprepared.

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well there, it was just an idea my overdosed on caffeine brain was entertaining

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This guy certainly is a piece of work ! Zero humility, no teachability because he is so used to trying to teach.
He doesn't believe in the real baptism in the Holy Spirit( if he was baptised with Power he might have the discernment to make a Prophetic utterance) and most of all he manifests no Shame.
He is a great object lesson to babes to learn a little discernment and recognize man worship and intimidation.
His monotone religious cadence is hilarious to listen to.
No Iam not judging him, Iam evaluating his fruit, people don't understand(some people) that when the Bible talks about "don't judge" itm is talking about that we shouldn't be the deciders if one goes to "heaven or hell", thats what is meant there.
we should as mature adults judge fruit and character which doesn't conflict with that other scripture about "not judging someone"

<<   2 >>

join