It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investing in Defense Stocks = Funding Police State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
While I was unable to find any links as of yet online, today I listened as Bloomberg TV reported that Defense Stock are outperforming the market, even as the market took a dive today - albeit only a hundred and thirty points (DOW).

Nonetheless, to confirm this idea, here is a report on Russia Today, titled, War's necessary! US defense contractors 'raking in the dough':

Unfortunately, I have heard several "financial" folk mention that if you want to make some smart investing money, defense contracting stocks are the way to go (don't remember the individual at the moment, though not really important). Every time I hear this, I have a slight cringe inside as I know what it means.

On the short side, yes, you would make money. However, the reality is that when one invests in the war machine or military industrial complex their products cache ultimately will include devices and products that will be used against you. Who do you think makes all those airport scanners and Wal-Mart police outposts? Not to mention, you are investing in the destruction of other peoples all under the guise of - "USA, USA, USA Patriotism, which more likely is furthering the Corporate Fascism that is engulfing the globe. Further, a percentage of that money will be used in lobbying efforts to employ politicians to further dismantle the U.S. Constitution.

So, I am not trying to tell anyone what to do with their money. However, I just wanted people to realize that whatever they invest in will make its way to Washington one way or another and it's probably not in our best interest if it is put towards these companies.

Further, if Washington starting to divert Federal Employees' Pension Funds isn't warning enough, seeing the government going after your 401ks and IRAs isn't too unrealistic - but it would be made more likely if the war machine helps it along. While the following video is only speculation, the conversation discusses the taking of retirement funds (take it for what it is worth).

THE MOVE TO STEAL YOUR IRA & 401K - Bob Chapman

Part 1 of this video can be found here, and deals more with general tyranny, precious metals, etc.

Peace.

edit on 23-5-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Again all we export here in America is military and propaganda.

new topics

join