It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Onion News Network knew exactly where Osama was hiding! (not a joke thread) (months before raid!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I was watching some of my DVR'd episodes of the Onion News (a joke news show) this morning. (it's light and funny while getting ready for work).

So, there's a story on there about finding Osama, saying that they found him in Islamabad, Pakistan, where he's been hosting a terrorist talk show with items like "Fatwa of the Day", etc.

So, I'm thinking, "must be an older episode?". I look at the original air date....February 25th! (it was actually March 11th, but still way before)

So, months before Obama's announcement of killing Osama at his mansion outside of Islamabad (May 1st), the Onion News Network stated right where he was!

EDIT: Episode title is STOCK MARKET CRASH. The Osama thing was a quick blurb, not a feature story of the episode.

Episode Summary

The crack team of fake journalist's stories this week, include: A man who has absolutely no interest in government or politics, is pursued by the GOP for the 2012 presidential elections. An investigative report on why comic sans is funnier than other fonts. ONN takes the revolutionary step of forming a panel of caged ordinary Americans; after some torture they willingly give their opinions. The FDA gives up in frustration over Americans dietary habits.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Talk about a coincidence!
Or is it?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Interesting. Needless to say, if true then most likely the USA knew about it.

Maybe that particular show... gave them enough info for the legit/confirmed tracking of OBL?

Who knows but I do think, if true, the CIA isn't going to confirm. (or White House).

The story (the One currently being told by them) seems to be working so better not mess it up with this info that you found.

Maybe it was one of his fake OBL guys (he ever did any actually exist?)

For the record, I hope this isn't true- but, who knows.

Anyway you can get what you saw this AM on here?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's likely they meant Islamabad to be part of the joke. Like, Bin Laden hosting a talk show right in Pakistan's capital, under the noses of the Pakistani government...

It's ridiculousness is what made it funny back in February.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have said for a long time that The Onion News Network is probably closer to the truth than anything the Mainstream media pumps out.

The Onion team are very funny though. One of my all-time favourite clips is from the Onion News Network, about the latest Sony product. I'll say no more, but go find it if you can handle a bit of adult humour and swearing that cuts to the point rather well.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Anyway you can get what you saw this AM on here?

I edited in the episode title. I'm sure you can watch the episode online if you wish. I'd have to watch it again, to tell you how many minutes in it is (I'm at work now, so can't check for a video).

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The Onion is actually The O.N.I.O.N.

Obscure
Neo
Intelligence
Obtainers
for
NATO

Of course like all intelligence agencies.... they were a liiiiiitle off.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I remember seeing one of those Onion network things, where it was a guy talking to congress, about waht would happen if the US would get attacked by biological weapon & he kept saying *classified* during what was an outline of a bio attack on the US, at first i didnt realise it was a joke, but still, it was scary stuff especially when he said 'Flesh eating *classified*' ...... It seems these 'jokes' as with this one, are far too close to the 'truth' released by the gov.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Except he was in Abbottabad, Pakistan....Right? Not Islamabad.
edit on 23-5-2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Many news stories state the mansion as being located just north of Islamabad. Just a matter of reference for the location.

It's kind of like the Roswell crash... Technically, it was closer to Corona, but also near Roswell. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Example from Reuters:

The revelation that bin Laden had been holed up in a compound near Islamabad threatened to exacerbate U.S. tensions with nuclear-armed Pakistan, which had not been told of the raid in advance.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Errr, he wasn't found in Islamabad. Although they were spot on with Pakistan, just got the city wrong.

I think pretty much any 10 year old with an interest in international affairs could have told you he was hiding in Pakistan.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Check above news example, the proximity to Islamabad is often used as a reference point for his mansion. It's all a matter of what you're using as a landmark.

As for saying he's in Pakistan, that's like saying someone is in England somewhere.

Pakistan is over 796,000 sq.km. or over 307,000 sq. miles. So, by saying Islamabad, the Onion was extremely close to the location where he was found.

Edit: granted, still almost two hours north of the city. I just think it's funny seeing all these news stories citing Islamabad as a location reference point, and it being the location the Onion used...just a real funny coincidence.

new topics

top topics

join